Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2142392 10/15/08 02:05 PM
J
Jenna1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Short Story
WS had a 4 year long on again / off again affair.
Broke it off when I found out, did about half of MB stuff, didn't want to continue, it "made him feel bad about himself". It has been 6 years since I found out. At the two year mark I caught him talking to her on the phone again. I haven't caught him in anything since then, but that could be that I am an idiot.

New Story
He knows where she works and every time we drive past there he makes a point of staring at the place until we pass it. Even when I am in the car, he can't seem to keep from trying to see her. I mentioned it too him today and his only response was, "yea, I do that, sorry" I don't really know what to do, or how I feel about it.

I'm looking for responses on how others would handle this situation.

Jenna1

Jenna1 #2142399 10/15/08 02:10 PM
P
P
Drop him off.

Drive away.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Jenna1 #2142405 10/15/08 02:15 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Jenna1
I don't really know what to do, or how I feel about it.

think hmmmmmmmmmmm
I suppose that until you know how you feel about this, you won't know what to do about it.

So, HOW does it make you FEEL?

Start there.

Jenna1 #2142414 10/15/08 02:27 PM
B
B
I agree with Pariah. Your H is being plain cruel and insensitive by doing that. He can't feel too bad about himself if he still acts like such a jerk.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Jenna1 #2142452 10/15/08 03:20 PM
K
K
Jenna,

""I'm looking for responses""

As you see him staring, SLAM ON THE BRAKES! and after his head bounces off the windshield, give him the back of your hand hard right across the bridge of his nose, all the time screaming at him, with spittle flying from your mouth, SHOW ME SOME RESPECT **edit**

This of course should only be done if YOU are the one driving.

Him doing this is VERY disrespectful and should be brought up AT THE TIME it is happening. Like when the puppy poops on the floor.

IMHO

kirk

Last edited by Revera; 10/15/08 04:25 PM. Reason: profane

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
krusht #2142627 10/15/08 10:24 PM
K
K
I like that.
By the way, how do the moderators know when people are profane? Do they read each and every post or do searches for bad words? Just curious, they sure seem to catch them all.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
KayC #2142645 10/15/08 11:11 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by Vows4Good
I like that.
By the way, how do the moderators know when people are profane? Do they read each and every post or do searches for bad words? Just curious, they sure seem to catch them all.

Some select words are automatically edited out by the server programme.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Jenna1 #2143049 10/16/08 01:36 PM
J
Jenna1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
How do I feel?
Stupid. That would be my biggest emotion. When will I learn, how much do I have to ignore before he realises I have value... Mostly I just feel tired. I don't really want to deal with it anymore, it's not that I want a divorce, I don't want anything - him, divorce, to finish MB, anything.

What do I want to do?
Well the suggestion about slamming his head into the windshield did, I must say, give me pause... just the visual of how incredibly satisfying that would be. I want to tell him, "look, obviously she has something you feel you can't live with out, go to her - right after you move out with all your stuff" Then maybe I could finally move on.

J1

Jenna1 #2143183 10/16/08 04:37 PM
W
W
I love the q's you are asking yourself smile
How do I feel?
Stupid. That would be my biggest emotion. When will I learn, how much do I have to ignore before he realises I have value... Mostly I just feel tired. I don't really want to deal with it anymore, it's not that I want a divorce, I don't want anything - him, divorce, to finish MB, anything.

Ok so what actions can you take that will allow you to feel like you are not being stupid?

Standing up for your self, looking out for youself are not automatic responses like breathing. We actually have to make an effort to do them and they certainly are not supid moves to make.

What do I want to do?
Well the suggestion about slamming his head into the windshield did, I must say, give me pause... just the visual of how incredibly satisfying that would be. I want to tell him, "look, obviously she has something you feel you can't live with out, go to her - right after you move out with all your stuff" Then maybe I could finally move on.

J1

Check out the divorce forum, people who take the D option dont have an easy a path to move on either. Seems like that would be easier than dealing with reparing an M after an A but in reality not so.
A's really rock the core of a BS and no matter which path the marriage ends up taking, the Recovery for a BS seems to be a bumpy uphill hard road.

IMHO focusing on personal recovery and what you need in order to achieve that might give you more clarity and peace with the answers you seek.

I am sorry you find yourself with this bum deal but for what its worth I think you are asking all the right questions and walking the required recovery path to find the right answers smile

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
Jenna1 #2143194 10/16/08 04:51 PM
K
K
Jenna,

OK, this really caught my attention..."how much do I have to ignore before he realises I have value""

What the HECK are you IGN[b]ORING[/b] these disrespectful and dare WE say purposeful slights he seems to enjoy tormenting you with??

The more you IGNORE it the more comfortable he will be DOING it.

Go BALLISTICrant2on his cowardly, pouting little boy self!!

And if he tires of it and moves out....well.....""right after you move out with all your stuff""...you said it!!

Or maybe he will get your drift and understand that you WILL NOT put up with his crap anymore. Maybe he might gain more respect for you if you stand up to him and show him a back bone.

Maybe....maybe not.

Or continue on the present path....until....what??

Sometimes the aftermath is more toxic than the tragedy of dday and ensuing drama.

IMHO

kirk

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation