Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2143023 10/16/08 01:11 PM
2long Offline OP
OP Offline
If the guy didn't really exist, I'd be sorely tempted 2 change my username 2 Joe The Plumber. And not for deceptive purposes, either!

As it is, he does exist, and I may just write him in as President. Maybe he can get the HVAC guy (or gal, there probably are a few out there) 2 run as his VP running mate?

Pathetic debate last night.

I voted for McCain in the 2000 primaries, and would have in the 2004s, if he hadn't caved in2 Dubya's underhanded campaign before we Californicators got 2 have our say. 2 bad he's using the same tactics on Obama now.

In general, I think both candidates did a decent job at the debate, with a 2ple of notable exceptions on both sides.

1. I wish Obama would stop comparing McCain 2 Dubya. One of McCain's strong points is that he's a lot more intelligent and hard working than Dubya is capable of being. McCain's comment that he should have run in 2004 if he wanted 2 replace Dubya's administration was probably the best of his otherwise condescending, often childish remarks and eye-rolls.

2. McCain thinks that a state of the art planetarium projector is comparable 2 an overhead projector? If I didn't know better, I'd attribute that remark about Obama's approval of a $2M funding request from Hayden 2 sheer s2pidity. But I know he's smarter than that, and so it was more obviously made in childish desparation.

3. Obama correctly stated that nobody is pro-abortion. I'd go one further and say that there is no such thing as a "pro-abortion movement" (McCain's words). Nobody likes abortion, even if they're supportive of it under the right (hopefully rare) circumstances.

I'm a republican, but I knew that "trickle down economics" was a pipe dream when Reagan first coined the term over 25 years ago. Everybody likes 2 hold on2 their money, whether they're rich or poor. It's just that when the poor do it, it doesn't affect anybody else in a meaningful way.

I wish there were more debates. That was interesting. I'm not quite decided yet, though I'm probably leaning leftward at the moment.

I wish I wasn't so tired 2sday night, as Frontline did a much better job on the candidates' backgrounds this time than they did when Bush and Kerry were running 4 years ago. As it was, I had 2 hit the sack about an hour before the end.

-ol' 2long

2long #2143062 10/16/08 01:52 PM
M
M
Obama correctly stated that nobody is pro-abortion. I'd go one further and say that there is no such thing as a "pro-abortion movement" (McCain's words). Nobody likes abortion, even if they're supportive of it under the right (hopefully rare) circumstances.

this is hysterical. A lot of people LOVE abortion including those that use it to make millions and those that use it as a matter of convenience.they look at it like an old friend...it's there when we need it.

I thought you left.

medc #2143086 10/16/08 02:18 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by medc
Obama correctly stated that nobody is pro-abortion. I'd go one further and say that there is no such thing as a "pro-abortion movement" (McCain's words). Nobody likes abortion, even if they're supportive of it under the right (hopefully rare) circumstances.

this is hysterical. A lot of people LOVE abortion including those that use it to make millions and those that use it as a matter of convenience.they look at it like an old friend...it's there when we need it.

I thought you left.

I agree with you Medc. There are lots of people that are Pro-Abortion.

There are plenty of women that use Abortion as birth control. How offensive and wrong could you find it if you do it more than once??

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
Originally Posted by JoJo422

I thought you left.

I agree with you Medc. There are lots of people that are Pro-Abortion.

There are plenty of women that use Abortion as birth control. How offensive and wrong could you find it if you do it more than once??

it is so funny to watch people trip all over themselves trying to excuse this CHOICE that they make....there must be NO OTHER WAY.

The VAST majority of abortions are for convenience sake.

medc #2143095 10/16/08 02:26 PM
J
J
it is so funny to watch people trip all over themselves trying to excuse this CHOICE that they make....there must be NO OTHER WAY.

The VAST majority of abortions are for convenience sake.

I agree. Another instance of not taking responsibility for your actions.

I Do not think that all Abortions should be illegal. In Instances of Rape, incest, health of the mother or severe health problems of the child then it should be allowed.

Not as a means of birth control though.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
I would agree to those changes tomorrow.

medc #2143111 10/16/08 02:59 PM
2long Offline OP
OP Offline
You kids be sure and knock yourselves out over that issue.

Amazing, since neither candidate has much say about it, other than the ability 2 appoint a judge 2 the supreme court that her/himself may or may not decide in their favor.

I'm still not here, medc.
-ol' 2long

H
H
I agree. I would vote for those changes tomorrow as well. People make bad choices all the time (or we all would not be on MB) and have to live with the consequences. Abortion should be no different. Murder for convenience is not the way to go.

However, how would outlawing abortion change the political landscape. the party that is most for abortion would probably benefit the most from it being outlawed. no facts here, but seems to me like most abortions are not by those middle class and upper middle class folks. Ironic don't u think?

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
2long #2143139 10/16/08 03:39 PM
M
M

that stopped being cute a while back. Why the lack of willpower 2L?

medc #2143148 10/16/08 03:50 PM
A
A
The funny thing is that Joe the Plumber does not even have a plumbing license, never mind a plan to buy the business that was being talked about ad nauseum yesterday...

AGG

medc #2143162 10/16/08 04:02 PM
2long Offline OP
OP Offline

that stopped being cute a while back.

You perhaps failed 2 notice that I don't follow your same standard of cuteness.

Why the lack of willpower 2L?

That's cute, though. You think that's what it is?

Enjoy!

-ol' 2long

2long Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
The funny thing is that Joe the Plumber does not even have a plumbing license, never mind a plan to buy the business that was being talked about ad nauseum yesterday...

AGG

All the more reason he should run for president!

-ol' 2long

R
R
His middle name is Joe and he owes back taxes

http://apps.co.lucas.oh.us/onlinedockets/Docket.aspx?STYPE=1&PAR=LN200701803-000&STARTDATE=01/01/1900&ENDDATE=01/01/2100&PARTY=D,1 faint

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
M
M
The funny thing is that Joe the Plumber does not even have a plumbing license

So if he doesn’t have a license, do the toilets he’s been repairing not work?

never mind a plan to buy the business

That's right, he had a dream.

Originally Posted by Ragamuffin
His middle name is Joe and he owes back taxes

Oh good, now we know he uses his middle name, and that he hated his old taxes as much as he would his new ones.

Tell me again, what office is he running for?

BTW: While I was watching the news tonight, I saw an angry pack of journalists talking to Joe and I think I heard one of them yell, “Kill Him.” :MrEEk:

W
W

The same one as Bill Ayers... stickout

Want2Stay

M
M
Originally Posted by Want2Stay

The same one as Bill Ayers... stickout

Want2Stay

yeah, that makes sense.

medc #2143299 10/16/08 09:44 PM
B
B
Hey Med,
An Inconvenient truth!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IS0PJdE0Cs&eurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/16/campaign-adwatch-rape-vic_n_135278.html

Last edited by BeenLurkin; 10/16/08 09:48 PM.
M
M
There is NOTHING in the repub platform that would prevent this type of abortion. Nothing. This is a distortion of fact. My personal beliefs are that the child should not suffer...but I would not fight against a law limited to rapes, incest and health of mother.

medc #2143351 10/17/08 01:01 AM
M
M

2long #2143440 10/17/08 09:12 AM
K
K
"Joe the Plumber" is to the McCain campaign what "Tony the Tiger" is to children.

Divorced
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation