Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 136 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 135 136
D
D
It's icky in some parts...

Just warnin' ya.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
OP Offline
T
Well ya'll he'll be here in a few hours.

House Cleaned and smelling fresh...check
I'm looking cute and smell great...check
Yummy dinner planned....check
Going to by gift now....check
Being sure to add admiration sometime during visit....checkamundo!

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
Y
Y
Originally Posted by Trying2live
NO response for Plan B, got it. ... Text pages I just wont respond [emphasis added]. naughty

Trying2live, I know you get this and I don't mean to harp on it, but you have to take it one step further than merely not responding - you MUST NOT READ. Delete immediately. He will try every trick above and below the belt to get to you. He knows your buttons - you've known each other since grade 8 right? After the first message or two doesn't get a response, he'll know you're sitting there reading them, stewing or crying to yourself, and his messages will be increasingly vile or heart wrenching. But you're going to be protected from that in your dark plan B cocoon. You are strong.

Good luck,

YS

P
P
for emphasis

you MUST NOT READ

T
OP Offline
T
Ok jumping on real quick, will post more later but wanted to put this out.

So when H leaves i always walk him to the door. The last several times we hug and he gives me a peck. Our hugs are longer than just a hug and go. We hold each other for just a few, he rubs my back for a minute. When we're holding or he leaves what do you guys think about saying I love you? I haven't said that since a few weeks after discovery because I read this book that says all the thoughts a walkaway would think when you say that and it really made a lot of sense esp since he was angry and crazy and no common sense-huge fog. But now things are not that way between us with this Plan A in effect. I almost said I love you as we were hugging but caught my self, so what do you guys think? I don't want to pressure him, but would love for him to know how much I love him before Plan B goes in to effect.

B
B
You can tell him that you love him in your Plan B letter. I wouldn't tell him right now.

Concentrate on a solid Plan A for now, and get all of your ducks in a row for Plan B. It needs to be very dark, so figure out all of the contingencies ahead of time and prepare for them.

N
N
I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Fabulous!

Amazing!

You're doing so well!

Awesome!

Wow!

Well, you ARE doing good. No question of that. As to the ILY's in general the recommendation is don't say them. Keeping in mind it was a long time in the scheme of things before I found MB, I said ILY at first, and was terribly wounded when he wouldn't reply. Finally I got mad and stopped saying it for a while. Then I got mad again, and said to myself, "I do love him, and he's not strong enough to stop me." So I did drive-by ILY's. Hit him and gone before he had a chance to answer, or not, so no pressure.

The point of that, is you don't need to bother with ILY's at this point, but if you do, make them quick and nonpressuring, just in passing.

But really, you've got him so hooked at this point, it doesn't matter one way or the other.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
When we're holding or he leaves what do you guys think about saying I love you?

try any of these:

You're so cute.
I lurve you.
Bye sexy man.
I married my honey.
Bye sweetie.
Hubba-hubba.

or ..... "Now don't go turning me on again like you did the last time!" .... then flirt and giggle ... turn and leave

D
D
Originally Posted by Pepperband
When we're holding or he leaves what do you guys think about saying I love you?

try any of these:

You're so cute.
I lurve you.
Bye sexy man.
I married my honey.
Bye sweetie.
Hubba-hubba.

or ..... "Now don't go turning me on again like you did the last time!" .... then flirt and giggle ... turn and leave

Oh dear!

Where is my:

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PEPPERBAND FAN CLUB

tee-shirt?

Lu-huve it!!!!!!!!!!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
K
K
Originally Posted by Trying2live
StellaKat,
I hear the pain you have but let me explain. Having rarely spoken or seen my H(because I cut him off for about 5 months), Yes he is cake eating. I just implemented Plan A on October 3rd, I want him to eat cake. That's my Plan, so it's working. hurray

If he goes by our last interactions over the last 5 months(before I found the book made the changes in myself and allowed him to see and experience these changes, then why on earth would he have a reason to want to come home or at least consider it?)

Regardless of whether you feel my H could possibly have an amount of love for me does not matter. Yes he had an affair, continues to do so and is selfish. Because I am the mother of his children there will always be an amount of love for me, maybe not respect or passionate love, but love in that he does not hope that I die or fall off the earth. This is real, this is what he expresses to my children.

Yes our marriage needed some help, but it wasn't horrible, we were actually each other's best friends and laughed a lot together. He was celebrated in his home and loved pretty well.

He has lost his way(Yes he may not find his way back). I choose to allow the love I have for him to cover, as the bible says, a multitude of sins and give a soft answer to turn away wrath. I refuse to allow bitterness (even if he stays with OW) to consume me and pass that venom to my children.

Instead i will fight against hate and bitterness to the very end so my children will respect me and be able to see really what happened instead of seeing that mom is a hateful yucky person and be able look at me in the wrong light. Bitterness is a venom that steals joy, peace and life and will consume your soul. No thanks I don't want to teach my kids that they are way to precious to me. Now I'm not saying I haven't had moments of struggle with hating him, but I choose to pull my self out of it as quick as i can, and believe me I know it ain't easy.

My hope is that not just me, but everyone on this forum, that they do not stay and conform to the present circumstance but through it, no matter the outcome, that they will transform and use this terrible circumstance as an opportunity for growth. No we have not asked for growth but why not use every moment we are alive to grow instead of living every day out of the moment we discovered the affair. Sorry I just can't God has plans for me too and it didn't only mean if my H was by my side.

I'm grateful for all my new friends who are a light to me helping me and encouraging me during my Plan A and soon my Plan B. Your words are gold to me, either way it goes, because I've found friends among people who understand my pain because they've went through it too. I am amazed by you becaue you still can see hope and you do not bash our fathers/mothers of our children. You speak clear truths, facts and wisdom with out the sting of hate. Now that's amazing! That's strength and its beautiful!
I haven't been able to be on line all week and am just catching up...wow, that was potent! If I can follow your example, I'll do well! It leaves me something to aspire to...

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
T
OP Offline
T
Plan A yesterday went well. He came about 4:30 walked in and hugged the kids and then came and hugged me-which BTW DD17 noticed it too. He did some chores, again, LOL. I make sure I have a laundry list of em so I can spread it out over the Plan A LOL and No i have not committed violent acts against my own property just to have H around, though it really crossed my mind.

Anyways, he did more chores, kids had sports and were gone for a few hours. {{Transparency coming, hurry close your eyes}} So to say the least we were alone for 2 hours and one thing led to another. I'm not saying that this is right or wrong, just that it happened. I don't necessarily think I am cheating as I am fully married to the guy. Yes I satisfied and unmet physical need. Yes I am fully conscious that Plan B may not work and nothing may change. I am still in mode of NO EXPECTATIONS. I did flirt heavily and somewhat hinted so it wasn't all his fault.

Soooo, please be kind if you disagree, i respect opinions not judgments.

At one point of the evening I went to the garage to see what he was up to and I come out and notice he is on the phone, he looks at me with BIG eyes and holds up 1 finger like wait. The he kinda motions me off, so I stand there for 10 seconds staring at him and smiling before I leave. He then comes in and I laugh and say were you just motioning me off and I laugh and he kinda was like what??? So funny thing to me is now he is lying to her about me, because I am fully aware of her. Deception begins.

Kids came home, we had a lovely dinner together joking enjoying each other. He showered earlier in the day and left his toothbrush in the holder. When he was leaving, I gave it back to him he said its no big deal just leave it here I have another one. Then at night he played a few games of pool with the kids and got ready to leave.

We gave each other a kiss and a hug and I cheerfully said so when do you plan to come back? He says you mean you want a liar and a cheater back? I say I don't mean to live I mean to visit, and he says oh probably see you at son's game on Saturday and then come over on Sunday.

Well there you go guys, just being honest still would love your mentoring and help in my Plan A if you so choose to.

Feedback anyone??

J
J
First let me say.....
hurray hurray hurray

That could not have gone better, IMHO!!!!

Well, maybe I woulda changed one thing, but you still can...

We gave each other a kiss and a hug and I cheerfully said so when do you plan to come back? He says you mean you want a liar and a cheater back? I say I don't mean to live I mean to visit,

Sounds to me like he was putting feelers out to see if you *would* take him back. Remember, you want to provide a clear path back home! You don't have to wait for Plan B to let him know you would welcome him with open... um, arms blush wink if he would agree to end his A and send a NC letter... and whatever else your conditions are.

So I woulda answered him something like, "I don't want my wayward H back, but boy howdy I'd sure love to have my honey back!"

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
N
N
dance2 dance2 dance2

Usual warnings about protection, etc. etc., DO NOT jeapordize your health, so be sure to use something.

That said, woo hoo! He is sure well out of the stage of withdrawal and far into the stage of conflict.

Awesome!

(There I go again, broken record.)

And I agree totally about your response for next time. Good one!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Hmmm, so he's in conflict? How so? think

And even if I was more a pursuer and flirted more than him although I could not force him to do anything obviously. He did make a conscious choice.

N
N
I'm referring to Dr. Harley's states: Intimacy, Conflict, and Withdrawal.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Is that in SAA?

N
N
Basic Concept #8: The Three States of Mind in Marriage

The Giver and Taker create moods that I call states of mind. These states of mind have a tremendous influence on the way a husband and wife try to resolve conflicts. But in each of the three states of mind, negotiation is almost impossible. That's what makes negotiation, in general, so tough in marriage.

When we are in love and happy, we are usually in the State of Intimacy. That state of mind is controlled by the Giver, which encourages us to follow the Giver's rule: do whatever you can to make your spouse happy and avoid anything that makes your spouse unhappy, even if it makes you unhappy. That rule can lead to habits that may be good for our spouse, but can be disastrous for us because we are not negotiating with our own interests in mind.

Sadly, flawed agreements made in the state of Intimacy can lead to our own unhappiness, and that in turn wakes the slumbering Taker. As long as we are happy, our Taker has nothing to do, but when we start feeling unhappy, our Taker rises to our rescue and triggers the State of Conflict. With the Taker now in charge, we are encouraged to follow the rule: do whatever you can to make yourself happy, and avoid anything that makes yourself unhappy, even if it makes others unhappy. The Taker also encourages us to be demanding, disrespectful and angry in an effort to force our spouse to make us happy. Fighting is the Taker's favorite "negotiating" strategy.

When fighting doesn't work, and we are still unhappy, the Taker encourages us to take a new course of action that triggers the State of Withdrawal. Instead of trying to force our spouse to make us happy, our Taker wants us to give up on our spouse entirely. We don't want our spouse to do anything for us, and we certainly don't want to do anything for our spouse. In this state of mind we are emotionally divorced.

How can couples work their way back to the state of Intimacy once they find themselves trapped in the state of Withdrawal? And once they are back, how can they stay there? The answers to those questions are found in the next Basic Concept.

He is talking about healthy marriages, but much applies even for A's, till you get to the how-to-fix-it part.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Jayne, I'm not really sure that he put his feelers out or if he just didn't know what to say because he thought I was asking him home. Am I allowed to ask him home? I just want it to be his decision.

Neak, I am hoping he is in conflict, but if he compartmentalizes then maybe he isn't in conflict. I guess either way he'll be in conflict in 2 1/2 weeks-at least that's what i hope for.

{{sigh}} 2 1/2 weeks and everything changes. It stinks! Glad to have the person that resembles H back around, but can't share. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, sure gonna be different if he doesn't decide he want to come back. Getting nervous can ya hear it? I know, either way I'll be fine, just gotta change that mental picture that I've had the last 20+ years that we were gonna grow old together.

Ok carry on Plan A. Focus, one day at a time. We see him to day for a little and tomorrow at the house for the afternoon.

B
B
Hopefully the OW's taker is coming out. She for sure isn't going to like all that time he is spending at home with you. LOL.

Like everyone says, be sure to keep STD's in mind.

Sounds like you are giving him the most attractive alternative.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by believer
Hopefully the OW's taker is coming out. She for sure isn't going to like all that time he is spending at home with you. LOL.

Like everyone says, be sure to keep STD's in mind.

Sounds like you are giving him the most attractive alternative.

Where can I find out about the Taker? I don't think that's in SAA. I've heard about that.

Who knows though if he's telling her where he is at.

Yes am keeping the protection aspect in mind.

Page 23 of 136 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation