Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 100 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 99 100
L
L
oh, sounds pretty.

you know my imagination had much more exciting visions laugh

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao Aluminum filings and a Tooth Fairy, too!

(And by the way, AW, I completely agree with the others. You girls need a chance to watch synchronized swimming while the guys clean and give you foot rubs.)

So here is the next segment, which quite frankly, contains some real weirdness. I wish I could blame it on someone else, but haven't figured out a plausible cover story yet.

The next afternoon saw us arriving at Flard's. It is so beautiful out there, and I wish I had been able to enjoy it more. I did some frantic calling and faxing, then ran to Long Prairie to go to UPS and use the internet and stuff.

Neaksis had the kids all dressed up and was taking pictures of them by a brick building on a side street. While she was busy snarling at correcting them, lots of people were watching. Several even had cameras and took pictures. The top floor had offices with open windows above the kids. When everyone began to bleat and squawk their instruments, people kept looking out to see what was going on.

The sun went down in time for the fireworks. As the glowing orb dipped like fondue below the distant skyline, an ominous humming was heard. Then, against the deepending azure heavens could be seen a massive eruption of darting, swooping, bird-like creatures. They fanned out into a low-level search formation and began scanning the area. Amid a maelstrom of flapping wings, and a high-pitched squaling, one of the children was borne off by several of the creatures. Risking my own life, I leaped into the air, just catching a tiny foot. I pumped bullet after bullet into the air, and finally, amid a spray of blood, the child dropped into my arms. Shielding the tiny body with my own, I raced for the safe zone, firing my revolver wildly. Once assured of my position,the remnant of our battalion opened fire. Salvo after salvo tore through fragile wings and fibrous bodies, spraying the battleground with gore. Rockets lit up the night sky with multi-colored radiance, and the drifting smoke afforded some measure of protection. At last the aerial attack thinned to the point where we could make an orderly retreat to shelter. Soon, it had diminished to occasional skirmishes, which left crimson gouts here and there on the walls. Finally, an uneasy truce was reached.

First thing the next morning (ha-ha) we left for Mall of America. Since we had 3 cars and only 2 radios, it was no surprise when we got separated. Flard and Mrs. Flard exited correctly, while Mom (in Neaksis' car) and I had to make several turnarounds. At last we reached the mall.

"Where is the Cinnabon?" I asked on the radio.

"I don't know," said Mom.

"Does Neaksis know where the Cinnabon is?"

"No."

We kept driving and driving. As we were about to complete the giant loop, I asked, "Why are we still driving around? Isn't there any parking?"

"I am hoping Flard had the smarts to park in plain sight so we can find him."

"But if we get sparated we are supposed to meet at Cinnabon."

The sound of gnashing teeth vibrated across the airwaves. "You didn't say anything about meeting Flard. We thought you were JUST HUNGRY!!!"

Of course the mall was huge, but we only stayed long enough to go to the post office, and let GM and GP get some stuffed bears. Oh yes, we read some T-shirts, too. One said, "I can only be nice to one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good, either." The 1st award winner said, "WORK HARDER! Millions of people on welfare depend on you."

We arrived at the Little House museum 25 minutes after it closed, so we left noseprints and ate supper at the replicated Little House in the Big Woods. Thus arrival at the farm was very late.

In spite of the delays, we were in time to see the cows turned out of the barn. (All except Mr. C, who was still with Uncle Flard and his auntie.) Neaksis' oldest walked, and the others were carried alongside the procession of cows as they crossed the road.

Famous Quotes #2:
The Princess: "Da towth will eat me!"
Mom: "No, cows don't like to eat little girls."
Mr. C (eyes wide): "Do they like little boys?"

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
You're right, Cinderella. The nuclear laxative wouldn't go with the shiny tooth costume AT ALL! :MrEEk:

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
spraying the battleground with gore

Not that I have anything against Al.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I bet none of you knew Neak was with Special Forces did ya??? faint :crosseyedcrazy:

be afraid!!! be VERY afraid rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
Originally Posted by aussieswife

I am. Did you know she's armed? One on each side, too...:MrEEk:

L
L
ah.
I see
She has sidearms.

C
C
But, Lil, you have confused me....I thought everyone's arms were on the side.

L
L
oh poop, dont tell me I made a great joke that only kiwi's will get????

The hand guns that are carried in hip holsters are called sidearms here.

never mind sigh

A
A
Well I got it and it was funny !!! dance2 dance2 dance2

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Originally Posted by lildoggie
oh poop, dont tell me I made a great joke that only kiwi's will get????

The hand guns that are carried in hip holsters are called sidearms here.

never mind sigh

:RollieEyes: I got your joke. I was just making one in reply. :RollieEyes:

D
D
Originally Posted by thndrnltng

I am. Did you know she's armed? One on each side, too...:MrEEk:

So...

She takes after her mama?

(giggle)

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
I got it, and was going to laugh online about it with you, but yesterday was busy and somebody took my round To-it. I was blindsided and sideswiped, but was able with a quick sidestep, to avoid the sidewinder with the sidearms.

Wait...I just called my daughter a rattlesnake, didn't I? :MrEEk: I don't think she'll notice it, though--too many subtle nuances--but to make sure, I think I'll hide her reading glasses. However, if she DOES catch it, so will I, and you folks may be treated to a really you_neak sideshow. :twobyfour:

Sidling off now,

tl

T
T
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
So...She takes after her mama?(giggle)

No, Kimmy. Her dad is the one with all the firepower. All I've got are the two stick-like protrusions that dangle off the shoulders, with the 5 little round things hanging off the ends. Nothing dangerous here, no sirree! Although, now that I think of it, I have had women in labor (especially before the advent of epidurals) who would've acted happier if I HAD pulled a gun on them than they did when I covered my innocent pink digits with latex and walked towards their beds!! rotflmao

So glad your son is getting better. He's going to have a lot of activity to make up for, isn't he, after all that involuntary "down" time? Better get your running shoes out!! grin

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I know what sidearms are, but didn't know anyone else did. blush

Now, I'm blindsided, tee hee.

Mom, I saw that you were talking about me. Something about me having a stake in a raffle? And some kind of grasses....

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
I know what sidearms are, but didn't know anyone else did. blush

Now, I'm blindsided, tee hee.

Mom, I saw that you were talking about me. Something about me having a stake in a raffle? And some kind of grasses....

Who, me? Certainly not! I NEVER talk about you behind your back. :MrEEk: Congratulations on the win, though. And don't smoke the grass! kiss

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
What was that?

grumble

Got my reading glasses around here somewhere...

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
uhuh

Too much....just too much.

uhuh

Y'all are too much.

hurray

A
A
Aussie and I just had a dip in the really hot spa. :MrEEk: I actually fitted into my size 14 bathers .... laugh

Bottle of wine ..... light off (did'na want to frightened the neighbours blush ) the spa light on a soft change setting.... music on low .....

and my DD and her hubby uhuh rotflmao

but so relaxing ..... all the stress is gone... dum de dee a dee dum a dee potatoes ....... sorry thats me Irish accent breaking through grin

except the boys talked rugby :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes:

T
T
Aussie and I just had a dip in the really hot spa. :MrEEk: I actually fitted into my size 14 bathers .... laugh

And how many seconds did THAT last? No wonder your daughter and her hubby were uhuh!!

Page 52 of 100 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation