Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2147719 10/24/08 08:40 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I know you will say I can do it
I know you will say what am going through is normal and you have all gone through it

But please just let me vent, I feel like I have no life left.
I don't want to love him anymore
I don't want to care about him, or miss him

I fantasize he goes away somehow and declines parenthood to my son
So divorce will be final and complete
So i don't have to deal with him
So I don't have to deal with his family
i wouldn't have to deal with his new partner or her family

Now, If I stay, I have to find a way to accept him on my life
If i go, I'll have to share the limited time i have to see my baby boy, I will have to miss some christmas, thankgiving, birthdays and other important events "oh, he is with his father this holiday"
I can not even imagine being a whole weekend without seeing my baby, let alone seeing him only 50% of the time.
He is not settle on his new apartment yet and needs to buy a crib, etc, so my baby is with me until this weekend. then we need to make baby arrangements. No! I can't do it, my baby needs me and i need him.

I hate this reality, I am between a rock and a hard place.
I don't know how to deal with all this pain, it overwhelms me. it takes over and i can hardly breath whether I cry or not.

I don't know how to deal with the anger, it escalates to rage and comes with pain, guilt and self pitty. plain desperation
I twist like a crazy person, then I panic someone will realize my state of mind and try to remove my baby from me.

Damn therapist says I need anti-anxiety drugs. I don't even drink tylenol for headaches. I had my son at home, no drugs.

no drugs, I need to brake my co-dependency, that is what i have to do. i need to learn, I need to practice, i need to become.

so, tell me this, how do you cope with the anger and pain that comes from the betrayal of the affairs. how do I deal with the indignation, anger, shame and pain I feel when i realize, for example, he was with her when he told me he was going to a training on anuther city. I stayed alone taking care of the baby, waiting for him while he spent monies on a little honeymoon with his lover. took her for dinner, brought her jewelry. what do I do with all the poison that goes through my body when those images come to mind. i am not asking how to stop the images, but how to deal with the feelings that come with it

Formerly known as TotallyLostNow
N
N
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lost}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

First, pray. Hold onto God like a drowning person. I'll look up some verses for you in a minute.

Then, could you post a short timeline of what's happened?

How long have you been married, is it just the one baby, when did the A start, have you done Plan A, etc.

I know first-hand that the MB methods work. They are your very best chance to recover your marriage, and yourself, too. Your feelings of helplessness will diminish a great deal once you have a plan.

I've been where you are. How well I remember one day, being left home with our 3 small children, sick and throwing up, while he went on a call from work, then stayed out to have breakfast with her. I sat by the computer and cried and cried when I saw the charge pop up on his bank account, and knew instantly where they had been, how much he had spent, everything but what they had eaten.

Now, he tells me many times each day that he loves me. He prays with me and for me. He is nothing like the man he became during that time.

I know you're hurting, but don't give up hope. God is with you in this, and many of us are here for you, too.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Isaiah 54
4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

11 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.

12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I like Psalm 35 too-

1 Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and buckler;
arise and come to my aid.

3 Brandish spear and javelin [a]
against those who pursue me.
Say to my soul,
"I am your salvation."

4 May those who seek my life
be disgraced and put to shame;
may those who plot my ruin
be turned back in dismay.

5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the LORD driving them away;

6 may their path be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the LORD pursuing them.

7 Since they hid their net for me without cause
and without cause dug a pit for me,

8 may ruin overtake them by surprise—
may the net they hid entangle them,
may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.

9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD
and delight in his salvation.

10 My whole being will exclaim,
"Who is like you, O LORD ?
You rescue the poor from those too strong for them,
the poor and needy from those who rob them."

11 Ruthless witnesses come forward;
they question me on things I know nothing about.

12 They repay me evil for good
and leave my soul forlorn.

13 Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth
and humbled myself with fasting.
When my prayers returned to me unanswered,

14 I went about mourning
as though for my friend or brother.
I bowed my head in grief
as though weeping for my mother.

15 But when I stumbled, they gathered in glee;
attackers gathered against me when I was unaware.
They slandered me without ceasing.

16 Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked [b] ;
they gnashed their teeth at me.

17 O Lord, how long will you look on?
Rescue my life from their ravages,
my precious life from these lions.

18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly;
among throngs of people I will praise you.

19 Let not those gloat over me
who are my enemies without cause;
let not those who hate me without reason
maliciously wink the eye.

20 They do not speak peaceably,
but devise false accusations
against those who live quietly in the land.

21 They gape at me and say, "Aha! Aha!
With our own eyes we have seen it."

22 O LORD, you have seen this; be not silent.
Do not be far from me, O Lord.

23 Awake, and rise to my defense!
Contend for me, my God and Lord.

24 Vindicate me in your righteousness, O LORD my God;
do not let them gloat over me.

25 Do not let them think, "Aha, just what we wanted!"
or say, "We have swallowed him up."

26 May all who gloat over my distress
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who exalt themselves over me
be clothed with shame and disgrace.

27 May those who delight in my vindication
shout for joy and gladness;
may they always say, "The LORD be exalted,
who delights in the well-being of his servant."

28 My tongue will speak of your righteousness
and of your praises all day long.

P
P
Originally Posted by TotallyLostNow
how to deal with the feelings that come with it

You've already been given good prayer advice.

I'd like to add this:

Go for walks, vigorous invigorating walks. You can put your baby in a stroller and just go like the wind. Put some music in your ear and sing as you walk.
Exercise is good for the mind and the body.

N
N
This IS the place to vent and get good suggestions from those that have walked in your shoes.

I can't say I know what you're going through cause my kids were older when we were going through this mess. I didn't have to hand over a baby for visitation and can only imagine how difficult that would be. That would have been an extremely hard thing for me to do too.

My best suggestion would be to use that time for YOU TIME! Do some nice things for yourself that are difficult to do with a small child. Go get a manicure or pedicure, go shopping, go to the library or book store and get something to read. Go see a movie & get together with some girlfriends for lunch or coffee. Work on the baby's baby book or scrapbook. Do things that take your mind off what you are missing and find something enjoyable to do FOR YOU!

Keep venting here. You'll find some suggestions you can use.....

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
P
P
Here's my fav from Longfellow. It's a good life mantra.

"He that respects himself is safe from others; He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce". - Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) U.S. poet.

"He that respects himself is safe from others; He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce". Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) U.S. poet.

Plan A
Q
Q
Here's one that JT gave me in the beginning of my hard Plan A.

Isa. 40:31

They that wait upon the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar with wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary;
they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear."

Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

This was given to me by Mark during one of my hardest times.

For me the definition of faith is trusting God and taking Him at His word when I am not seeing Him at work and don't understand what He is doing.

God promises that He has a plan for us and that it is good.

God promises us that He is with us always. Psalm 139 says "I can never get away from my God."

God says that He is in control, especially when we let Him do so. He is in charge even when we are at our lowest. Psalm 102 tells us that God is still on His throne.

He tells us in Joshua that we should not be discouraged because He will be with us, even as He was with Moses.

In the NT Paul says that God works all things together for the good of those that love Him.

And we can learn from Job the lesson of what really trusting God means. For Job lost everything he valued, his crops, his wealth, his children and even his health, but his attitude was one of "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

God let's us have troubles so that we can learn to trust Him even more. If He simply gave us everything we wanted and never allowed us to suffer, we would be like the rich man who trusted in his own wealth... Or the king that trusted in his treaty with others to come to his aide... Or Saul when he took upon himself the task of doing what the prophet was supposed to do in making the sacrifices.

It is when all is well that we lose sight of God and feel like we are doing well. By letting us see how helpless we are, He reminds us of how much we need Him. Even when we think we are in control, we really aren't. Paul tells us that "by Him all things are held together."

The prophet wrote that God has showed us what is good. What does the Lord require of us? To live justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God. For when we think we are acting justly, He shows us we are in error because His ways are not ours. And when we realize how lowly were are before Him, He grants us our mercy and that humbles us even further.

A wise man once said I have learned only two things for certain. There is a God...I am not Him.

So we should feel honored and blessed when God allows us to have troubles because it brings us closer to Him. It makes us realize how much we need Him and how helpless we really are without Him. Not that He causes us the trouble, but that He cares enough about us to let us call out to Him and draw nearer to Him and by letting us have the troubles, brings us to a better understanding of how much He loves us.

[/sermon]

Mark

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
Q
Jamesus gave me this to help me through during the hard times.

God does have faith in your strength.. because He -knows- what you can handle.

Keep in the back of your mind that every time we suffer, we have been given an opportunity to learn and grow in ourselves and with God.

It's ok to cry.. it's ok to be jittery from time to time.. feel it, acknowledge it for what it is.. and then let go of it..

God will comfort you if you ask Him to.. sometimes just praying is enough to give you the moments peace you need to get it back together and go on with your day.

I get anxious too.. but anxiety comes with expectations.. and that too is something you'll need to let go of.. God will work in His own time, according to His plan.. not ours. We cannot know His design.. but we have to trust that even if His will is not our own.. he has a better plan than we do..

Say the serenity prayer..

Find a Psalm that touches you and brings you comfort and pray it as a reminder when you're feeling anxious.

I think it's GuidedCertainty who has this in her sig: Faith isn't believing God can. It's knowing that He WILL.

Do you -know- that God is working his will in your life? If not.. keep praying.. keep asking for whatever it is you need to believe.. and then once you're done praying.. listen.. read the Word.. listen to the radio.. look around you and try to be open and receptive to what God is telling you.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you everybody, I am much better now and better everyday... I changed my display name...

Formerly known as TotallyLostNow

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation