Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2151045 10/31/08 07:42 AM
B
ba109 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

ba109
J
J
Barack Obama's senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week's election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harboring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder where his "euphoric supporters"got all their 'unrealistic hopes' from??

Him and his campaigne maybe....He's back pedaling already and he hasn't even won the election.

Doesn't this say volumes to those that are supporting him???

CHANGE??? Yes there's going to be lots of change....he's changing his plans, he changing what he said he was going to do, he's changing the $250K to $150K...... But you're all still following him..... And he's ALREADY telling you that want he's been saying he's going to do....he's not!! faint

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
W
W
I'm not buying it. I don't believe there is a widely held expectation that an Obama win will magically make all the damage done over the last 8 years disappear. Regardless of who wins, the president elect will be taking the helm when the United States is in the worst condition since the Great Depression...fighting 2 wars, in reccession, and $10 trillion in debt. It wouldn't be smooth sailing for either candidate.

I think the point is that with an Obama win, we would would at least be working to undo the damage that has been done rather than continuing with the same policies that brought our country to this position in the first place.

Want2Stay

W
W
Originally Posted by JoJo422
Barack Obama's senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week's election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harboring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder where his "euphoric supporters"got all their 'unrealistic hopes' from??

Him and his campaigne maybe....He's back pedaling already and he hasn't even won the election.

CHANGE??? Yes there's going to be lots of change....he's changing his plans, he changing what he said he was going to do, he's changing the $250K to $150K...... But you're all still following him..... And he's ALREADY telling you that want he's been saying he's going to do....he's not!! faint

Yep, more ridiculous spin to supress voter turn out in support of Obama. Not buying it and neither will the Obama supporters. Nice try though...

Want2Stay

J
J
Originally Posted by Want2Stay

Yep, more ridiculous spin to supress voter turn out in support of Obama. Not buying it and neither will the Obama supporters. Nice try though...

Want2Stay

Give me a break!! If it doesn't come from one of your LIBERAL BIASED media outlets then it must not be true....it's just SPIN.

If Clinton News Network or one of the equally biased networks was running this story then it would be the TRUTH and not SPIN right? You'd believe it then, RIGHT? Doesn't matter though, just like the LA TIMES none of the LIBERAL BIASED MSM is going to release anything they think will hurt BARRACK the BOY WONDER.

Until AFTER the election that is...

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
K
K
The liberal media is a myth.

Divorced
J
J
I think the point is that with an Obama win, we would would at least be working to undo the damage that has been done rather than continuing with the same policies that brought our country to this position in the first place.

the damage was not just done by 8 years of Bush. It was done by 16 years of failed policy, including 8 years of CLINTON.

How about lets blame ALL at fault here not just BUSH. How about your majority run Congress with the LOWEST approval rating, even lower then BUSH..... grumble

"I voted against the war before I voted for it"..... faint

Remind me again....who's line is that???

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
P
P

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Guess we viewers can't SEE it for ourselves.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
ba109 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

How true.

Even the mighty Obama will be free game for criticism by his liberal MSM allies should he take office. Let the back stabbing begin.

Obama is clueless about economic issues. Bill Clinton reveals the truth.

"I haven't cleared this with him and he may even be mad at me for saying this so close to the election, but I know what else he said to his economic advisers (during the crisis)," Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida. "He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right -- I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/30/clinton-suggests-obama-uncertain-economic-crisis/

ba109
J
J
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Boy.....talk about being in a FOG ..... crazy

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
J
J
http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

It is surreal to see the level of hysteria in his admirers. This phenomenon is unprecedented in American politics. Women scream and swoon during his speeches. They yell and shout to Obama, “I love you.” Never did George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt. Martin Luther King Jr. or Ronald Reagan arouse so much raw emotion. Despite their achievements, none of them was raised to the rank of Messiah. The Illinois senator has no history of service to the country. He has done nothing outstanding except giving promises of change and hyping his audience with hope. It’s only his words, not his achievements that is causing this much uproar.

How does EVERYONE not see this? ........ faint

He's done NOTHING....No service to Country, No Experience for this job....NO major accomplishments (yes, I know he's smart, but so are a lot of other people).....NOTHING but promise CHANGE.....and then keep CHANGING what CHANGE he's going to make...

I thought politicains usually waited UNTIL AFTER the election to CHANGE THEIR PROMISES!!

But the liberals follow him like sheep to the slaughter.... rant2

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
I do think the media is slanted...

After the election, Fox News will be blocked again. How anyone can watch that garbage, I don't know.

IMO, only Keith Olbermann & Rachel Maddow seems to have an unbiased grasp of the issues.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
Originally Posted by ba109

How true.

Even the mighty Obama will be free game for criticism by his liberal MSM allies should he take office. Let the back stabbing begin.

"I haven't cleared this with him and he may even be mad at me for saying this so close to the election, but I know what else he said to his economic advisers (during the crisis)," Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida. "He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right -- I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/30/clinton-suggests-obama-uncertain-economic-crisis/

Really...what is it that you think presidents actually do? In the end analysis...politicians ARE salesmen. VERY effective salesmen...that hopefully surround themselves with intelligent and experienced advisors with whom a group consensus can be accomplished. The President then sells and signs off on the groups plans. Same goes for McCain. He's no economic guru and unfortunately has promised his top economic positions to Gramm and others who are CLEARLY incapable.

The change we really need is the change in the "intelligent and experienced advisors" department. We need new ideas, new faces, a NEW generation at the controls. They won't be perfect. I know that. Their "failures" will be many and they will be well documented in the coming few years, however, to me, it is clear that the current Republican administration from top to bottom needs to be replaced. Period...end of story.

Mr. Wondering

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
K
K
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

Guess we viewers can't SEE it for ourselves.

Originally Posted by Krazy71

Boy.....talk about being in a FOG ..... crazy

Yeah, I'M in a fog. :RollieEyes:

Most conservatives won't even admit that Fox News is biased.

Only MSNBC has shown liberal bias on a regular basis.

Divorced
B
ba109 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
In the end analysis...politicians ARE salesmen.

This country is not in need of a salesman but rather a leader...a decision maker. One that accepts the advice of his advisors so as to form guiding decisions, not one that asks his advisors "tell me what to do" and he will just sell it.

Fake it 'till you make it works in a lot of positions and unfortunately, 40+ percent of Americans are going to add President of the United States to the list.

ba109
B
ba109 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/joe-vet-endorses-mccain-youtubes-popular-election-video/

"Dear Obama" video recieves more than 11 million hits and counting.

ba109
M
M
In the end analysis...politicians ARE salesmen.

This country is not in need of a salesman but rather a leader...a decision maker. One that accepts the advice of his advisors so as to form guiding decisions, not one that asks his advisors "tell me what to do" and he will just sell it.

Fake it 'till you make it works in a lot of positions and unfortunately, 40+ percent of Americans are going to add President of the United States to the list.

Show me a great leader and you'll see a great saleman.

Show me a great saleman and you'll see a great leader.

Salesmanship = Leadership

M
M

How true.

Oh my gosh, ba, this was sooooo funny to watch on TV. Obama's expression while Clinton said this was hilarious!

You just KNOW that if Obama wasn't in trouble, he'd NEVER have asked for Bill's "help".

I also thought the last bit of info from your link was comic gold!

Clinton also said in Florida Wednesday night that Obama has proved himself by running a campaign that "involves so many people," adding: "He has executed this campaign in a way that is different from modern and forward thinking -- something no one else ever could have done. He can be the chief executor of good intentions as president."

It's not clear what he meant, since he pronounced the word 'executer.'

Asked about Clinton's intentions Wednesday, Goldfarb said: "I think ... he clearly chooses his language carefully."

LOL

W
W
Here you go some more fair and balanced reporting from FoxNoise...

Fair and Balanced?

Fair and Balanced Part 2?

Fox fair and balanced? Holy crap, was that a flying pig that just went by my window! Nah, just another right wing nut from Fox promoting their conspiracy theories. smirk

Want2Stay

A
A

"Fox NEWS" is truly an oxymoron. No one takes Fox as a serious news organization. It's nothing more than Limbaugh with lipstick.

AGG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation