Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 100 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 99 100
Neak #2151654 11/01/08 08:28 AM
A
A
10.30pm clear cool 64F a HOT 107F spa pool ready and waiting :gobblegobble:

hope you had a great :pumkin: rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

aussieswife #2151677 11/01/08 09:43 AM
T
T
Great snow pictures, Cinderella. I always liked the microscopic pictures of flakes. Up-close "flakes" in real life? Not so much! crazy

Enjoyed your daughter's performance, Kimmy. Nervous-est thing in the world for a parent, is watching a kid get up and perform music. At least it was for me. I'd blame my late mother's "sparkly" hair on that, but since she had beautiful dark brown hair when I was born and was half gray 4 years later, I'm not sure but that someone (UNKIND THOUGH THAT WOULD BE! mad) might try to make some other connection. :RollieEyes:

thndrnltng #2151707 11/01/08 11:30 AM
C
C
My son is not giving me too much grief right now but my daughter.....OY VEY!!!!!!! faint I may be gray by the end of the night - dramatic change from the scattered sparklies I have right now!

cinderella #2151912 11/01/08 11:45 PM
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
We got to see Facing the Giants tonight - cute movie! Some of us got to see more than others, not that the others are bitter or anything.

Grandpa will be overjoyed when we rent the movie for the sake of those others, since he loved every minute of it.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2151918 11/02/08 12:47 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
not that the others are bitter or anything.

Mr. C. (I'm changing his name to Mr. Non-C; it seems more appropriate at this stage) had BETTER not be complaining! naughtyrant2naughty He's lucky I took him to see any of it at all. I was having a good time doing the jigsaw puzzle while he quietly did his schoolwork. By the way, he promised me he would finish up tomorrow without being nagged. Let me know if he has trouble remembering that...

And since I'm not complaining either, I know not these "bitter others" of whom you are blathering. dontknow

tl

cinderella #2151930 11/02/08 01:41 AM
L
L
Originally Posted by cinderella
My son is not giving me too much grief right now but my daughter.....OY VEY!!!!!!! faint I may be gray by the end of the night - dramatic change from the scattered sparklies I have right now!

Between DD16, the 23YO, my x partner and Flick I am surprised I am not bald!

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
lildoggie #2151945 11/02/08 04:41 AM
D
D
Okay LD.

Sparkles, I can work with.

Bald is gonna take some time to come up with something...

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2151957 11/02/08 07:10 AM
A
A
Isn't family life just SO rewarding ? skeptical :RollieEyes:

It has been a glorious weekend ...well Aussie and I had fun with Mikey.... went to see the girls sing at the Childrens Hospital concert ..... went out for lunch and splashed on a Big mac ...I ate salad .... went to nieces graduation Friday ... Saturday Aussie got a medal ... Sunday Mr VDK got busted for not providing the WHOLE truth of his briefing ... followed by Dr VDK beating up Mr VDK rant2 ...oops I mean 'discussing' the meaning of POJA naughty :RollieEyes: ..... I have NO idea where she gets that penetrating voice from ... must be her fathers to be sure. stickout

At least Aussie and I had nothing to do with it did we ...... Aussie? confused Yeah you better keep hiding as well mister uhuh

Anyway some of my mums well earned wisdom for new wives .... laugh

He didn't like the casserole, and he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard...
not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right, or whirl the billy true,

I didn't mend his socks, the way his mother used to do,
I pondered for an answer; I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned and smacked the [censored] out of him...
Just like his mother used to do.

:crosseyedcrazy:
rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

aussieswife #2153834 11/05/08 03:33 PM
S
S
Ah well AW, you always were a poet.

It takes me way back to when I was just a little tyke. My mother took me to a new Sunday school class. She introduced me to the teacher like this "This is my boy SS. If he acts up in class, you have my permission to beat the tar out of him."

I knew where I stood with THAT teacher. I can't remember her ever having to actually carry out that instruction.

My W is nice, but you can send her the instructions for being a better W. There might be a few things in that she could pick up on.

And what's this about a spa? blush blush blush

KIMMY, How's the boy doing?
SS thinks......... and figures he must be doing better. Kimmy wouldn't be quiet if he was getting worse.

Construction -
We built one house, and I think one is enough. My older brother was the contractor, and we did much of the work our selves, so we mostly got what we wanted. It's small and simple, but we like it.
My advice - Think carefully about where you put the light switches.

Shoes -
Naw, you won't stare at our shoes. We'll be too busy eating.

CINDEREALLA -
What's all this medical stuff? Oh, lets see....... Nov tenth.
Ok, we'll expect a full report, but I want the non explicit version.

How about the daughter? Is she doing better? Worse? About the same? It is difficult to watch one's children make mistakes. I know we can't live life for them, and they need to learn, but it's rough. We hope she learns by listening, not by experience.

Campingng in inclement weather...........
Ohhhhhh, it's so fun. There are no bugs at all. None.
And you don't even need a tent or any thing.
Snow Camping 3
Snow Camping 1

I really hope things go well on the 10th.

NEAK -
Fargo ND? Really?
I've never been there. Never.

As always, I love a good story. Thanks.
It's good to see AJ back and posting, and I love the quotes he leaves us.

How was the concert? Did I miss the report? Wish we could have been there.

We really hope the kids are doing well.
Really.

"Dumb keyboard"
Was that the standard IQ test, or is there a special one for keyboards?

Neak Sis - Hi. Life is supposed to be this way. It's a test.
I predict that you will do well. Especially on the essay parts.

CC - Is it summer yet?
You are well?

M&L - I hope your H is getting better at meeting needs, and avoiding LB's. Come around and tell us how you are.

T&L - Explain in detail (to Neak Sis) what I started to tell her. I know she knows, but we can all use a refresher. Teaching it to someone is the best way to get it into our own heart.

You'll do well too. You really will.
Tell the clam "hi" for us.

Has anyone noticed that Mimi has been quiet lately?
That worries me. wink

Prayers -

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
still seeking #2153847 11/05/08 04:00 PM
C
C
Well, next week is the week of great probing. I'm not looking forward to it. The next week, I go back to the ENT.

Caught my daughter sending R+ rated text messages with her boyfriend. I'm ready to thump her on the noggin - good and hard - stupid hormonal teenager.

Latest news from my kingdom....yesterday morning, a total stranger brought me my mail.....she found it (along with someone else's mail) in a plastic bag on the side of the road. Not good. I guess I need to get a locking mailbox or a post office box.

cinderella #2153907 11/05/08 05:45 PM
S
S
Good Grief....... mail theft is serious.

However, what your daughter is doing is more difficult for a parent to cope with. Mail is just mail.

I don't have any words of wisdom for you there, but I will continue to pray for you. I know prayer helps.

I wish his dad would thump him on the head, but I admit she might need it too.

Shudder........ the tenth is coming up quickly. We hope...... well, we hope you come through in great shape.

Is it getting cold where you are yet? Are you far enough south that it freezes most nights in Dec, and January?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
Neak #2153909 11/05/08 05:49 PM
F
F
Neak,

Facing the Giants is an awesome movie! I own a DVD copy of it. Did you see Fireproof?

SS, I just saw that your oldest got married in August? Wow, congratulations.

Hey everyone. I don't keep up here much anymore but wanted to say hi.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
Cinders, take the phone away.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
My YOUNGEST son got married in August.

The only ones left at home are the twins (girls 15.)

The oldest 6 are all married.

Faithful, now that you dropped by, you need to tell us how you are doing. Especially like to hear about DS, and DD.

SS

still seeking #2153938 11/05/08 07:09 PM
S
S
I think taking the phone away is a GREAT idea.

SS

still seeking #2153975 11/05/08 09:58 PM
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I agree totally about the phone. She was letting you know she is not strong enough to handle the responsiblities and pressures of phone ownership. grin Hear her desperate plea for help!

FF, I haven't seen Fireproof yet, though I want to. I've been waiting to see it with AJ when he gets back.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2153977 11/05/08 10:06 PM
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I wouldn't stop her from having a phone at all, BTW, but she would have to be responsible for procuring it and paying for it. No way would I sponsor heaving bosoms and such.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
still seeking #2153991 11/05/08 11:11 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by still seeking
Good Grief....... mail theft is serious.

However, what your daughter is doing is more difficult for a parent to cope with. Mail is just mail.

Well, it's a problem when a total stranger shows up at your house and says she found your checking account statement lying on the side of the road several blocks from your house.

cinderella #2153997 11/05/08 11:18 PM
L
L
Introduce the cell phone to Mr Axe

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
lildoggie #2154012 11/06/08 12:22 AM
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao lildoggie

Did you get your sitch straightened out? All this talk of axes, and I'm guessing yes. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 55 of 100 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation