Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
F
F
DIG, just a general question if I may, in response to your last post.

Do you REALLY believe this?

N
N
Anyway, here is some relevant reading if anyone is interesting in informing themselves of FACTS and not political "spin" to whip up the masses.

FH,
I honestly don't know the entire context or what type of 'spin' was trying to be applied to the u-tube clip I watched.
But,to me,it didn't sound like he was trying to play the race card or making up an excuse to not uphold the constitution.
I agree that he is very ambitious and I understand your issues w/ him, FH... ....I just beleive the 'spin' comes from both sides and some of it is absurd. The internet makes diciphering the BS and intended implications more of a game than ever.

D
DIG Offline
D
What part are you referring to? What do you think FH? Don't we all pay taxes? The governing bodies not just one person determines what those monies go toward. Look at the bailout plan. Bush had to take that to the house. All though he is president he didn't get the plan approved until the house and him all came to an agreement. I am wrong on that? I asked to be corrected if I was wrong. What part is my opinion incorrect?

Me (32)
H (33)
3 DD's 9,8,2
1 DS 4
Married 4/19/99

According to Mrs. W I am now Delightful in GA. LOL \:\)
M
M
Obama feels that you are selfish if you do not want to spread your "wealth" through higher taxes.

I don't believe the Senator states it this way BUT I totally agree with this.

I have FAITH in our governmental system to apportion the funds where needed....as long as we have PROGRAMS in place that are set up to help those in NEED.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here
Obama feels that you are selfish if you do not want to spread your "wealth" through higher taxes.

I don't believe the Senator states it this way BUT I totally agree with this.

I have FAITH in our governmental system to apportion the funds where needed....as long as we have PROGRAMS in place that are set up to help those in NEED.

WOW.

People are selfish to actually want to keep more of what they earn rather than see it TAKEN and GIVEN to those that refuse to get off their lazy asses.

WOW.

M
M
There are HARD WORKERS who have recently been laid off after working their lifetimes at companies.

There are LAZY PEOPLE but there definitely is a WORKING POOR in AMERICA and children who are dying from starvation because of irresponsible parents for whatever reason...

Increase in Working Poor

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
OBAMA: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

"JUST AS Powerful." Powerful as what, to use force to impose whatever THEIR agenda might be?

"JUST AS Strong." Yep. LOTS of "like-minded" individuals who can collectively impose their will regardless of any dissent or opposition.

"JUST AS well-funded." Yep. Chalk up another one for "balancing the budget" and NOT increasing taxes.

READ HIS LIPS. It's all out there for anyone willing to LISTEN.

Pretty nice job emphasizing the exact FEAR that this partisan post/"newstory" was specifically designed to illicit. Purposefully conjuring up images of a civilian force made up of Obama supporters (blacks, the poor, the disenfranchised) armed to the teeth (like our military) with money pouring out on all sides (like our pentagon). Only a Republican spin team can make an expanded peace corp program appear so grave and counter-revolutionary. It's quite shameful to turn the promotion of activism, into fear.

Independents aren't buying FEAR anymore.

As far as increased taxes. I'd rather pay an extra dollar today than that same dollar plus interest tomorrow. The last 8 years, the Republican admintration has TAXED my FUTURE EARNINGS and redistributed to whomever they choose (bombing and then rebuidling Iraq, to Wall Street, to Corporate Greed, to the Medical and Medical Insurance Cartels, etc.). Not to mention...when you tax FUTURE EARNINGS (deficit spending) you quelch capitalism. 10, 15, 20 years from now I hope to make more money than I do today but it's quite the disincentive to consider I'll be taxed more THEN because Bush spent too much AND TAXED TO LITTLE money in 2000-2008. IMO, the sooner the generation and people that got the benefit of the Republican spending spree start paying higher taxes (by a few percent) the better. Again...you can try FEAR and try to spin the increase as "poor people be afraid...if you tax rich people more they will fire you" won't work. They've either already been fired or already fear they will be regardless of the election. Independents are now MORE scared for our country and their childrens' futures and see Obama as a transformational figure that can RESTORE the American Dream versus a party bent on destroying it all but for a few.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
The last 8 years, the Republican admintration has TAXED my FUTURE EARNINGS and redistributed to whomever they choose (bombing and then rebuidling Iraq, to Wall Street, to Corporate Greed, to the Medical and Medical Insurance Cartels, etc.).

Exactly...as Mr. Wondering says...

M
M
Obama as a transformational figure that can RESTORE the American Dream

YES...this is so necessary in this country.

This country, during this depressing time, is NEEDFUL of his message of HOPE and INSPIRATION!!

D
DIG Offline
D
Medc please don't start being judgmental. I don't want another thread to get locked. Lots of us are replying to post without being disrespectful. You can talk straight and not be harsh or in attack mode to get your point across. While they do have people that mooch off the system. Not all people do. They have people that have jobs and still can't make ends meet. They also have people who are trying to find work and can't. What about these people? We all have to pay taxes. There are no ifs, and, or buts about it. Either party will have to raise taxes to try to fix the problem. The only differences is who will get effected the most?

Me (32)
H (33)
3 DD's 9,8,2
1 DS 4
Married 4/19/99

According to Mrs. W I am now Delightful in GA. LOL \:\)
M
M
YOU are the one being judgmental. Anyone that would use the judgmental term "selfish" to describe a person that wants to keep what they earn is being judgmental.

Try as you might DIG, you will not silence me.

M
M
Obama as a transformational figure that can RESTORE the American Dream

YES...this is so necessary in this country.

This country, during this depressing time, is NEEDFUL of his message of HOPE and INSPIRATION!!

But yet, WE (Mimi, myself and most democrats) ARE realists. We know Obama isn't the messiah. We know there will be screw ups and misguided efforts to fix things which may make some other things worse. That's our government. Obama isn't ushering in Utopia. We are merely encouraged that SOMEONE finally wants to try. The status quo, McBush, simply doesn't work (unless you are a CEO, work for the health insurance racket, deal legal drugs or control oil).

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
P
P
**edit**

The Kristallnacht™ is coming.

Last edited by Revera; 11/02/08 04:29 PM. Reason: name calling

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
I agree that SELFISH is a poor choice of words...

I'm speaking for MYSELF in not wanting to be SELFISH...

And wanting to give back to PROGRAMS that I believe in...

I support an administration that will use tax money to give to those IN NEED...not in further support of the wealthy..

R
R
Folks, we are unlocking this thread. Please keep your posts respectful and on topic. Stay away from name calling and telling other posters how to post. Thanks.

Last edited by Revera; 11/02/08 04:30 PM. Reason: unlocking thread

Revera01@aol.com
L
L
Thanks, Rivera!

Mimi, I have worked for both the Dept. of Public Welfare (now Human Resources) in my state and IRS.

Having the government distribute our money will cost much, much more than the amount going directly to those who truly need it.

Even with all the rules and regulations of such programs, the system can quickly become over-burdened with fraud. The crooks figure out exactly what they have to do in order to beat the system. That means the government must spend more and more to police these programs...not to mention the money going to criminals that the government employees are unable to detect in time.

There was an article about fraudulent tax refunds a few days ago. Here's one link to the story: Fraudulent Tax Refunds

The government agencies are definitely NOT efficient, Mimi. T
have seen a LOT of waste going on during my time with both agencies.

Oh...and I think the working poor would rather have a JOB than a hand-out, and maybe a little leniency or help in catching up with their legitimate bills.

Obama seems to be promising much more than he will likely be able to deliver. I am wondering what the public reaction is going to be when the promised checks do NOT arrive in the mail.

Last edited by Lady_Clueless; 11/02/08 07:27 PM.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
L
L
Oh...and in regard to the 2nd Amendment, it was and is meant for ordinary citizens to have the ability to arm themselves as needed.

Remember that the United States was formed as a result of the colonial settlers rebelling against TYRANNY and unfair taxation. The founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment to ensure that, should a dictator or opressive ruler take control of our government, the people will be NOT be left without means of self-defense.

Last edited by Lady_Clueless; 11/02/08 06:15 PM.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
J
J
PLEASE, I'm sincere, explain to me WHY you would purposely vote for someone that YOU KNOW is going to take MORE of your MONEY.

Why would you vote for someone that wants to TAKE YOUR money and GIVE it to someone else??

I really, truly DO NOT get it...

I believe in sharing with those less fortunate than I. I believe that I have been BLESSED and believe in giving back a portion of what I have been given.

I, in no way, believe that John McCain shares this CORE BELIEF of mine.

This woman shares my views, eloquently explaining my viewpoint.

"Bleeding Heart Liberal"

You're a generous person....I understand that, so am I. BUT I would rather, and I do, give MY MONEY to WHO I WANT TO give it to, not to who the federal government thinks I should.

You are blessed because of your hard work....GOD helps those that help themselves....

I'm all for helping those that are less fortunate, the elderly (more than ANYONE) and the truly indegent. I AM NOT for helping those that ARE LAZY....those that WELFARE is a WAY OF LIFE....those that have BABY AFTER BABY AFTER BABY while on WELFARE...those that are IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
I AM NOT for helping those that ARE LAZY....those that WELFARE is a WAY OF LIFE....those that have BABY AFTER BABY AFTER BABY while on WELFARE...those that are IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

ME EITHER..I'm not for helping these people.

The system has been devised....to keep this from occurring..you cannot get assistance without working a certain number of hours a week and/or going to school...

R
R
Lady clueless u are not. Thanks. Good responses.

I always find it rather amusing that folks will say how we need to take care of the poor in this country and meanwhile its been months since I have had a fluent English speaker in a McDonalds. Well in Texas anyway.

Perhaps we should open the borders wider for Mexican workers (does anyone doubt they work harder than the average white or black American an) so we can tax their wages to pay for those that do not want to work and stay on welfare. (sarcasm) In other words - jobs can be found if one looks for them.

On the Civilian Sec Force - where did this come from? Good grief - I understand that the Military has limited power on US soil but are we talking about a Brownshirt outfit? I thought we had constables, police and the Texas Rangers. I think Barak sometimes has no idea what he is talking about and seems to not understand the impact of his comments.

Last edited by rwinger; 11/02/08 07:05 PM.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation