Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
Mr. W - Carla Binion?

You mean the conspiracy theorist, Bush hating, GOP hating, "journalist" who is anti-anything Republican and who has flooded the media with PRO-Democrat, ANTI-Republican propaganda?

You mean THAT Carla Binion?

IF we are suffering from God's wrath...it would appear the Republican's have more responsibility for such. They've been in charge for 20 of the last 28 years (or 24 or the last 36) and have certainly NOT governed from a biblical point of view. There is NOTHING in the above to prove or show the Republicans will do ANYTHING better or different to help us escape God's wrath. IMO, I think they will be worse. Jesus WAS a liberal afterall.

Mr W. - the Republicans have NOT "been in charge" as you claim, because except for brief period of time in the '90's they did not have "control" of Congress.

Regardless, the "issue" is not "Republican versus Democrat," as much as it is "Conservative versus Liberal." There are a LOT of Republicans In Name Only (RINO Republicans) that I strongly disagree with and would not vote for UNLESS their "opposition" election opponent was even WORSE than they were and the choice is "pick one." That's not all that different from a lot people who are "Christians in name only" but who DO NOT submit their will, their pride in self, TO God as their one true LORD and Savior. With the exception of the Abortion issue. I WILL NOT vote for any candidate who is in favor of continuing the unrestricted slaughtering of millions of innocent babies.

I reserve the right to "vote my conscience," and my conscience IS directly tied to the Word of God and the Sanctity of Life.

Screw up foreign policy, screw up domestic policy, etc. and we'll all collectively suffer from the problems it gives us, perhaps even "deservedly so" if we tossed our support to the "leaders" who lead us into those problems.

BUT when it comes to those "problems" compared to the LIVES of CHILDREN who have had NO SAY in their very existence, those problems PALE in comparison to the holocaust being visited upon the most vulnerable part of our society.

All this Nazi talk is subterfuge as well. Maybe it's Republican Nazism? They would love nothing more than the abolition of the Democratic Party. A one party state would please them. They demonstrate no tolerance for opposing viewpoints (fascists).

Don't be ridiculous. No one here has been advocating for a "One Party State." Now the Democrats certainly have been arguing for an "effectively one party state", and they have not been "shy" about that being one of their "goals," to effectively HAVE a "one Party State" by controlling all branches of Government. But even the "power hungry" Democrats are NOT advocating for "one party system" where they are the only party, because then they would not be able to hide what they are doing nor avoid the responsibility for it. Just take a look at Barney Frank, for example, and his "denials" of any responsibility for the Mortgage Meltdown triggered by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, both of which HE oversaw and refused any sort of regulatory control or oversight of (which both McCain and Bush wanted years ago).

Here's an interesting article. I'm presenting it more as satire as I DO have respect for my Republican friends here and don't believe them to be Nazi's in the least. It's more a demonstration of what's out there on the internet and how anyone and anything can be "Godwinned". [though after I learned of the associations the Bush family had with the Saudi's, the below doesn't surprise me}

Satire? Is this more of the same sort of attempt to "distance" yourself from things while giving "under the table support" for those very things? Like, "I don't personally agree with abortion, but I respect your right to do whatever YOU think is okay as long as it doesn't impact ME directly?"

Moral Relativism at it's best.

And you seriously think that Jesus would be, or is, a "liberal?"

"Thou shalt NOT kill." "Thou shalt NOT commit adultery."

Should I go on?

It is NOT RELATIVE in God's eyes and never has been. If there is a "conservative 'out there'" it is an unchanging God.

K
K
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Jeremiah 19

The Broken Flask

1Thus says the LORD, “Go, buy a potter’s earthenware flask, and take some of the elders of the people and some of the elders of the priests, 2and go out to the Valley of the Son of Hinnom at the entry of the Potsherd Gate, and proclaim there the words that I tell you.

3You shall say, ‘Hear the word of the LORD, O kings of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Behold, I am bringing such disaster upon this place that the ears of everyone who hears of it will tingle.

4Because the people have forsaken me and have profaned this place by making offerings in it to other gods whom neither they nor their fathers nor the kings of Judah have known; and because they have filled this place with the blood of innocents, 5and have built the high places of Baal [Abortion Clinics] to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal [Freedom of Choice to Willfully Kill Innocent Children], which I did not command or decree, nor did it come into my mind— 6therefore, behold, days are coming, declares the LORD, when this place shall no more be called Topheth, or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter.

7And in this place I will make void the plans of Judah and Jerusalem, and will cause their people to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hand of those who seek their life. I will give their dead bodies for food to the birds of the air and to the beasts of the earth.

8And I will make this city a horror, a thing to be hissed at. Everyone who passes by it will be horrified and will hiss because of all its wounds.

9And I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and their daughters, and everyone shall eat the flesh of his neighbor in the siege and in the distress, with which their enemies and those who seek their life afflict them.’

10“Then you shall break the flask in the sight of the men who go with you, 11and shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: So will I break this people and this city, as one breaks a potter’s vessel, so that it can never be mended. Men shall bury in Topheth because there will be no place else to bury. 12Thus will I do to this place, declares the LORD, and to its inhabitants, making this city like Topheth. 13The houses of Jerusalem and the houses of the kings of Judah—all the houses on whose roofs offerings have been offered to all the host of heaven, and drink offerings have been poured out to other gods—shall be defiled like the place of Topheth.’”

14Then Jeremiah came from Topheth, where the LORD had sent him to prophesy, and he stood in the court of the LORD’s house and said to all the people: 15“Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, behold, I am bringing upon this city and upon all its towns all the disaster that I have pronounced against it, because they have stiffened their neck, refusing to hear my words.”

Your VOTE is your choice. Take heed America. Choose wisely.

Wow...you're really about to freak out, aren't you?

Divorced
N
N
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Well, FWIW:

http://scienceandreason.blogspot.com/2008/09/hobgoblins-devils-and-politics.html

M
M
Originally Posted by NMDreams

Well, FWIW:

http://scienceandreason.blogspot.com/2008/09/hobgoblins-devils-and-politics.html

So...what you're saying is that all the illness of conservatism needs is a little gene therapy???

<snicker>

grin grin
faint

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
N
N
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Originally Posted by NMDreams

Well, FWIW:

So...what you're saying is that all the illness of conservatism needs is a little gene therapy???

<snicker>

grin grin
faint

Mr. W

Well, no. I don't personally vouch for the research. I don't know how well designed or conducted it was, or if it can be replicated, hence the "FWIW". I just thought it fit with what Krazy had to say and that he would find it interesting.

F
OP Offline
F

Not at all. I understand about your case of 'deaf ears.'

Regardless, the information was for believers, since I already knew you don't believe in the LORD or that babies ARE created with a soul and not just some "play dough" lump of inherently purposeless chemicals.

You must really have a lot of worry about believers to jump to that sort of conclusion and no worry about the slaughter of millions of babies.

But just count me in as one of those "poor people" who cling to their guns and religion if it makes you feel any safer, or superior.

C
C
Just swinging by to remind you Ladies and Gents to please keep this discussion respectful by avoiding insults and personal attacks.

Thank you from the Harleys.

Choctaw
Marriage Builders Moderator

Choctawmb@gmail.com
F
OP Offline
F
****EDIT****

Thank you from a Member of the "we all hold varying, sometimes even opposing, opinions" club.

Last edited by Choctaw; 11/04/08 11:52 AM. Reason: TOS - Please "email" the Mods if you have questions
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 853 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation