Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I just have hit rock bottom and really don't know if I should give up or go with whats going on. Last night I realized that I my heart is not into it anymore. We have been to councling several times. After each trip things are good for a while then we fall back into the same rut. She shows no emotion towards me. Anytime time something good happens around the house she will always say she did it. But if something bad happens I get stuck with the blame. She is very quick to point out my faults but not when something good happens.
My problem is I feed off of her. If she is acting stand offish I will leave her alone and show no emotion towards her (don't wnat to get my head bit off). So when I ask her why she is so blah towards me she puts it back into my face. I'm so tired of leading the charge around the house for emotion and needs. But when is it time to cut the tie?

J
J
How long have you been in counseling? Counseling can take awhile sometimes to get through to both people. I have been in IC for about half my life because of my crummy childhood. We are not divorcing but our marriage is not easy. But I CAN tell you you really have to work at it. Ask your counselor for books to read in between appts.
Have you told your counselor about what you just posted? Remember,when you have psychological problems,it takes awhile to understand them and why you have them.
MC is helping us but I am much further ahead psychologically them my H because he has not been in C as long as I have.
I know it must be SO frustrating. Does your wife like counseling and your counselor? Is she as dedicated to staying together as you are?
I have no pat answers for you but I do wish you well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation