Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
J
J
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
OBAMA: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

LINK

Everybody OK w/ this?

Good grief...one minute conservatives are afraid that we're all going to die by Al Qaeda's hand if a *gasp!* liberal is elected, then they cry when a *gasp!* liberal proposes increasing our national security.

If McCain had proposed it, you'd probably be crying tears of joy.

Good Grief is right......Exactly how do you think that UNARMED CIVILIANS are going to SECURE our NATION??

You're basiclly talking about a large 'Neighborhood Watch' who would be best suited to look out for some punk who wants to break into your car not a terrorest who wants to KILL YOU and YOUR FAMILY and everything you stand for and believe in.

This kind of thinking is what facilitied the 1993 bombing of the World Trade center, 9/11, etc.

Why don't we just ALL lay down our guns and destroy our bombs and sit back and let them come and get us. 'Cause you know they will. They're looking for weakness and the Dem's want to give them just that.

They're just waiting for the right time, and with OBAMA the time will be SOON....just as your VP candidate said.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
J
J
Few things are more dangerous than underestimating your opponent. Most 2 year olds I've been around haven't developed nuclear capability.

The point was YOU CAN'T reason with a 2 Year old any more than you can reason with these people.

You're right. Let's do the right thing.

Kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out.

You mean while they are enjoying their 60 virgins ... rotflmao

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
DIG, we're cool. I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts.

I know that I rub some people the wrong way...but I am okay with that(and I think the DJ you might be referring to was when you basically lectured me on how to post more effectively). To me, it wasn't really a big deal...I told you where I was coming from and would leave it at that.

The way I post, the way I am, works for me just fine. I am not a "catch flies with honey" person in many situations. It might work well for you...I go with what works for me. You will notice that I am very much an issue person. I do not really align myself too closely to individuals here...I fight for what I believe to be right...no matter who is on the other side.

There are very few things I will take personally here...so you know, my hot topics are abuse, custody, sexism, racism and most assuredly abortion. I have no tolerance for any of the above and don't give a hoot if the players are black/white/male/female/gay/straight.

We're okay...I have a very short memory when it comes to disagreements here.

D
DIG Offline
D
Thank you Medc. I appreciate it. I have to say for what it is worth I abhor the same things you do. I think we just have different way of expressing that. Neither is wrong just different. That is what makes the world such an interesting place. Variety is the spice of life. I for all intense and purposes know how you express yourself. The only reason I said anything about it at all is because I didn't want the thread to get locked and in trying to prevent that, I made it happen. So am happy that you accepted my apology.

Me (32)
H (33)
3 DD's 9,8,2
1 DS 4
Married 4/19/99

According to Mrs. W I am now Delightful in GA. LOL \:\)
F
F
Originally Posted by JoJo422
You mean while they are enjoying their 60 virgins ... rotflmao

Don't "short-change" them, JoJo. I think the correct number is 72, not 60.

But I also wonder what the women "martyrs" get? I can't recall ever hearing that?

And those pre-pubescient boys, what do they get? Not even ready to handle one virgin, let alone 72?

F
F
Originally Posted by DIG
FH you said that you had somethings you wanted to discuss about my earlier post. If you have the time I would love to see your perspective.

DIG, I'll have to go back and review that post. With all the "stuff" that's been going on since then, I've gotten a bit distracted.

W
W
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
If anyone thinks that by decreasing our military forces is going to make this a better country, is going to make the extremist not come after us, on our soil AGAIN....they are sadly mistaken.

Leaving us defenseless is a very serious concern.

Let's take the video point by point...

Obama: Seeks to end the war in Iraq.
Since it's costing us $10 billion per month and the Iraqi government is seeking for our withdrawal we should do just that. We removed Sadam from power and should let the Iraqi people take it from here. I would say our very presence there is causing more harm than good at this point.

Obama: I will cut 10s of billions in wasteful spending.
They key to this statement is WASTEFUL spending. There are no plans to cut the size of the military but rather to optimize it to perform better. Big difference.

Obama: I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems.
The key to his statement is UNPROVEN. We already have a very capable missile defense system. Remember the spy satellite that was shot down a few months ago. The technology already exists to defend against missile attacks. There is no need to continue throwing money down the drain.

Obama: I will institute an independent defense priorities board.
Sounds like a good idea to me to institute some oversight to be sure we are getting the most for our defense tax dollars.

Obama: I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons.
The United States currently has an arsenal of over 5,500 nuclear missiles. That's enough fire power to destroy the entire planet 22 times. It's overkill and completely unnecessary and puts the US in danger just by it's existence. For instance, check out this story of the nuclear missile silo that burned up and no one knew about it for 5 days. Air Force: Nuke missile silo fire went undetected

Now, it can easily be argued that there is no one in the military more respected that Colin Powell. These two men have met many times and I'm sure much of what they discussed was Obama's military policies. Does anyone really believe that if Colin Powell believed that Obama's plans would weaken our military that he would then offer his support to him for president?

I guess I just don't see where all this FEAR is coming from.

Want2Stay

W
W
The next thing is I don't understand where all this outrage is coming from over Obama's proposed cap and trade energy plans. For those of you that don't realize it, McCain has these exact same plans for dealing with GHG. The only problem is that it appears that Obama has put a great deal of thought into it and what will have to be done to accomplish it. It's not like McCain's plan is magically not going to have similar affects as Obama's.

John McCain's Cap and Trade Policy

Want2Stay

R
R
Cap And Trade and throw in Kyoto protocols are insane and suicidual.

We are competing in a global economy with new major powers of China and India.

Do you think for one minute that other countries and trading blocs are going to play by the same rules?

Replacement of Coal generation plants will happen when the new technology is cost effective but to artificially raise energy costs in the current environment before the technology is available is crazy talk.

Currently coal gasification, ethanol and other clean technologies actually use more energy than it net produces. There are no easy answers and will take the brightest scientists.

All ideas need to be explored such as natural gas, offshore drilling, solar and wind (environmentalist are now against the turbines because of danger to birds and the mired views of the fans).

If McCain and Obama are for cap and trade than both are wrong. Basically cap and trade is a form of rationing through artificial higher costs and makes the Al Gore folks happy they are saving the earth in which they are not.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
W
W
Rwinger,

Agreed, this is a tough issue we face. Like you said, the main concern is making it cost effective enough to use the technology, but that is not going to happen until we force industry to do so.

Here's something really cool that you probably didn't hear anything about. The alternatives exist, we just need to put forth the investment to make them feasible.

'Remarkable' Discovery: Scientists Burn Saltwater

Want2Stay

M
M
Oh my...

If we burn saltwater...what about the oil and coal industry.

Think of all the job losses.

W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
R
R
interesting - I guess dont go near the beach with that tool (joke).

John Kanzius happened upon the discovery accidentally when he tried to desalinate seawater with a radio-frequency generator he developed to treat cancer. He discovered that as long as the salt water was exposed to the radio frequencies, it would burn.

The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel.

Rustum Roy, a Penn State University chemist, has held demonstrations at his State College lab to confirm his own observations.

The radio frequencies act to weaken the bonds between the elements that make up salt water, releasing the hydrogen, Roy said. Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies, he said.

2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
W
W
Rwinger,

Be honest...had you heard anything about that discovery before now?

It should have been touted as the discovery of the century, yet it was squelched like crazy. Makes you wonder who did the squelching doesn't it.

Want2Stay

R
R
Mr W

Sarcasm aside.

Cheap and incredibily abundant energy will provide a lift in other sectors in the economy. Perhaps a revitalized auto industry with cars running on saltwater would offset some of it.

btw - oil industry will die someday - since there is no oil being made in our life time. It will eventually be too expensive to suck from the ground.

Wants - Nope - never heard of it. But the next gen of energy will need to come from creative ideas and accidents like in the article. Sure hope the cell phone does not emit those radio freq. It goes to show you that there are many unknowns out there eh?

There have been quite of few discoveries in hydrogen cells, etc. the problems lies the net energy produced. If it takes heat and energy (oil) to produce any quantities of ethanol or to gasify coal - we are spinning our wheels.

Last edited by rwinger; 11/04/08 11:57 AM.

2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
P
P
That RF electrolosis generator uses more energy than it creats.

Iceland is using geothermal electrolosis generators to power hydrogen buses.

It's nothing new, you have to STORE hydrogen and that's the tricky albeit dangerous part. FAR more dangerous than propane or gasoline.

Not in the Hindenberg sort of way, but a super freezing sort of tragedy in an accident.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
It should have been touted as the discovery of the century

WHY?

Until there is a practical use for it, it is just a interesting story.

There are real alternatives to our energy crisis here and available today...geothermal heat and cooling systems would save us HUGE amount of money and reduce our carbon footprints a lot. Solar, wind, etc.

Makes you wonder who did the squelching doesn't it.

No..but it sure makes for a stupid conspiracy theory.

G
G
Quote:

OK, take YOUR money and INVEST it in this technology, then explain away the fact that the venture failed through some elaborate theory worthy of a delusional street person.

Quote:

Do you have a degree in science or engineering, if not you are part of the problem.

Annoys me in the same way medical ignoramuses complain about medical practices. If you don't know what the KREBS cycle is or how DNA and RNA work then shut your mouth, you haven’t done your homework, you FAIL. I think years ago people were ashamed of their stupidity now it is a badge of honor.

Go into the lab and figure out that cure for cancer these PHDs are keeping secret.

BTW having worked in research, there is no way a professor or scientists is going to suppress a discovery these people are just too dang ego driven. Unfortunately the easy problems are exhausted.

NJ

M
OP Offline
M

P
P

And the Jackbooted Brown Shirts are out in the open.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
P
P
Originally Posted by newjersey
Quote:

OK, take YOUR money and INVEST it in this technology, then explain away the fact that the venture failed through some elaborate theory worthy of a delusional street person.

Quote:

Do you have a degree in science or engineering, if not you are part of the problem.

Annoys me in the same way medical ignoramuses complain about medical practices. If you don't know what the KREBS cycle is or how DNA and RNA work then shut your mouth, you haven’t done your homework, you FAIL. I think years ago people were ashamed of their stupidity now it is a badge of honor.

Go into the lab and figure out that cure for cancer these PHDs are keeping secret.

BTW having worked in research, there is no way a professor or scientists is going to suppress a discovery these people are just too dang ego driven. Unfortunately the easy problems are exhausted.

NJ

Well said NJ--

But are you old enough to remember when Reagan took Jimmy Carter's solar panels off the White House? I do! I was working for a big wind energy company at the time. I'm old enough to know where we would be now if we had been allowed to stay on the course we were on.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation