Hi... I am a returning member after a few years.

I participated in this community when I was trying to save my marriage. Suffice it to say, I am back and qualify to post in the "Divorced" section.

On a positive note, I am remarried almost a year now and am happy to say that everything I learned in trying to save my first M, although it was not successful, is extremely useful in starting again.

I can't believe that I dont hurt like I used to. I thought it would never end. In fact, after attempts to save my first M did not produce the hoped for result, I ended up drinking which eventually turned to drugs. This was highly out of character as I was 36 before I ever used this drug of choice.

Glad to say, however, that I am free of both for about 3 years and life is improving every day. I also found a new outlook on my relationship with God. A lot of the church culture that I once ... frankly... got totally turned off by and confused by... has fallen away and it feels like a complete re-discovery of God as I never knew him before.

I find fellowship amongst others going through same challenges to be a far more effective approach than anything church could ever provide. My experience anyway... yours may differ.

It is a fascinating journey. As I say... I never thought the day would come where I would feel hope again. Yet I have been living in hope and serentiy for some time now. Years in fact.

My ex is married to the other man... who was a former friend of mine. Today, the sting is mostly gone and frankly... it is almost funny how preposterous the whole thing is. If it were a TV show, it would indeed be funny. Unfortunately, it is my life and my kids lives and our family's lives. But we are all getting through it.

I am dealing with resentments as to why it was necessary in the first place. Which is something I may never know.

So... will be chillin wit y'all again. Look forward to re-joining the community.

Ciao.

Chazz