Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2157379 11/12/08 03:25 PM
M
miwc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have taken my ENs to my wife over and over again for over a year now. If you're unfamiliar with my story, in a nutshell, she's withdrawn from the marriage and blames it on a combination of depression and a midlife crisis.

I can't get a hug. I can't get a kiss. I can't get a question about how I'm doing. I can't get anything. Find any checklist about emotional intimacy in a marriage and the things that are important and leave all but sex blank.

I don't want to divorce my wife, but her emotional stonewalling has brought me to the brink over and over again.

miwc #2157411 11/12/08 04:05 PM
C
C
What ever happened regarding her mental condition? Is she taking meds for it? Therapy? Couples therapy? Why not?

Also, in all your posts, I never remember you doing any of the things we suggested you do. You just say, 'oh, if she doesn't want me, there's nothing I can do about it.'

Are you willing now to consider them? Like setting a boundary and informing her of it and being willing to act to preserve that boundary?

M
miwc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
cat, yar, I'm morbidly curious.

miwc #2157592 11/12/08 10:16 PM
C
C
About what?

M
miwc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My question is' when to give up?'. I assume people here have some experience.

While I haven't reported back results, I have tried many, many things and there has been no change in her. I'm early 40s staring at what time I have left and have no reason to believe that I can be happy with her ever. I'm in one of those fish or cut bait moments about my future.

miwc #2157871 11/13/08 12:22 PM
C
C
Then I guess when to give up would be when you start looking at her and having no feeling or bad feelings. Anyone else?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation