Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
R
R
This guy needs a serious lesson in integrity!

I believe I would let his father and his fiance know about this. The fiance definitely needs to know what kind of scum she is dealing with.

As for trying to get those pictures off of the internet...forget it. Your only hope is to leave it alone and hope that time will keep them in the never again visited past.

M
M
Yeah, she agreed to the pics. Irrelevant.

WHAT?

when she agreed to have these graphic pictures taken by a college kid she assumed the problems that come with it. I know if I don't want gossip to spread, I am not going to share something with a big mouth. If I don't want naked pictures out there, I am not letting a college kid take them.

I'd make them suffer for it.

Hmmm...why would you make someone suffer for this...but not for screwing your wife? I just don't get it. A picture...as bad as it is, is NOT as bad as the affair.

K
K
Maybe MG71 would like to email RRB's yearbook photo and personal information (name, address, email, etc.) to a few of us who would be willing to "spread the word".

Divorced
M
M
The fiance definitely needs to know what kind of scum she is dealing with.

agreed.

K
K
Originally Posted by medc
Yeah, she agreed to the pics. Irrelevant.

WHAT?

when she agreed to have these graphic pictures taken by a college kid she assumed the problems that come with it. I know if I don't want gossip to spread, I am not going to share something with a big mouth. If I don't want naked pictures out there, I am not letting a college kid take them.

I'd make them suffer for it.

Hmmm...why would you make someone suffer for this...but not for screwing your wife? I just don't get it. A picture...as bad as it is, is NOT as bad as the affair.

The wife was a willing partner in the affair, but not this.

I get your point. I say toss him into a friggin Sweeney Todd meat grinder for the A alone.

Divorced
R
R
Originally Posted by Krazy
She willing gave her consent to have the pictures taken. One would have to be living in a cave to not know the potential ramifications of taking such pictures.

Both are culpable, IMHO.

T
T
Originally Posted by medc
Regarding moving, I think it should be considered but you guys should POJA a decision like that.

The FWW should have ZERO say in this. Zero. If he wants o move, they go. Period.

Oh, sure - if he wants to make moving a condition for his working w/her to recover the marriage, he has every right to do that.

I was more thinking that WW would be wanting to move, as she's the one folks are whispering about and pointing at. If WW wants to move but he doesn't, due to his job, the housing market, or other reasons then I think POJA is appropriate. Normally I'd be saying "Move! Move! Get far away from OB!!" but OB isn't going to stay in town.

J
J
Mgolfer,

Well you have a lot of opinions permit me to offer you some actions.

1. See a lawyer about public distribution of photos without written consent.

2. Have the University call RRB and his father. He could get suspended for this and it would be the end of his medical career. Posting nude pictures is not a crime, doing so without the permission of the subject is career threatening.

3. If anyone is going to go chasing photo's it should be he and his Dad.

4. You may well have a suit possibility against the family.

Finally, you knew she was dumb when she did this. Now you know how dumb. However, this unintended consequence while satisfying to some here, is NOT what she set out to do. This is going to hurt her more than anyone.

You need to decide if recovery is possible. You need to decide how to handle the pictures, in my opinion OM would pay big time.

So far the consequences of her affair are:

1. She may lose her marriage.

2. She lost her job.

3. She now has pictures of her nude all over a college campus.

4. Her family and friends know of her failure as a person and W.

5. On it goes.

She has paid alot for her bad judgment. I say at some point the payment must end or you will lose YOUR options.

This is a bad place but certainly not as tough as some. She is not pregnant by OM for example. She does not have a permenant STD or death dealing one.

Step back, and give yourself time to gain perspective.

God Bless,

JL

H
H
When you say 'graphic', does that mean her face is included in the shots? If her face is not in the shots, it would be much better, but I fear otherwise.

At this point, you wife deserves full blame for letting him take the pictures and having the affair. Any man scummy enough to post pictures of someone he is having an affair with (knowing she has a family) on the internet deserves dire consequences. Make SURE Meredith and his dad see the pictures and know who put them on the internet.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
P
P
She swears there’s nothing else, but who knows at this point. I know she probably needed me to hold her and tell her that everything would be okay, but to be honest, I just didn’t want to. I wanted her to hurt as much as I am.

If this didn't wake her up, nothing will.

She is not only going to have to live with the shame of what she's done, but also with the shame of knowing there are obscene photos of her being passed around to God knows who.

I agree about the moving far away part, but only if your wife is now ready to fully and completely do whatever it takes to heal your marriage. I wouldn't uproot your family if she's just going to play games. But I have a feeling, she's at rock bottom just about now.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
Originally Posted by Resilient
She willing gave her consent to have the pictures taken. One would have to be living in a cave to not know the potential ramifications of taking such pictures.

Both are culpable, IMHO.

Sure, but you know you could die in an accident every time you get behind the wheel of a car.

Does that mean that if a drunk driver crosses the center line and kills you in a head-on collision, your family shouldn't be outraged because "you knew the risk you were taking"?

Divorced
R
R
She is definitely responsible for allowing these pictures to be taken and taking that risk that they may get out. Him sharing them with his friends...that is just extra special scum to me.

R
R
Sorry to have to say this, but if they end up wide-spread on the internet (which is likely), you may want to consider retaining an attorney proficient in IP (Intellectual Property) Internet law.

Jo

Yeap, I agree with JL. And like I mentioned in my post above. An IP Internet Attorney might be the ticket. There are lots of them out there now, for good reason.

H
H
Originally Posted by Just Learning
1. See a lawyer about public distribution of photos without written consent.

2. Have the University call RRB and his father. He could get suspended for this and it would be the end of his medical career. Posting nude pictures is not a crime, doing so without the permission of the subject is career threatening.

I wholeheartedly agree that this should be done. I would also go to Google and search your wifes name to be sure they are not posted on a website but just circulating through email.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
L
L
Originally Posted by rubydoo
This guy needs a serious lesson in integrity!

I believe I would let his father and his fiance know about this. The fiance definitely needs to know what kind of scum she is dealing with.

As for trying to get those pictures off of the internet...forget it. Your only hope is to leave it alone and hope that time will keep them in the never again visited past.

ITA.

Mgolfer,

This may be a totally off-the-wall idea.

Do you know what med school he is going to be attending? Med schools do not like controversy. I'm not sure what avenue you could take, but there might be something to use here.

Perhaps there are others who may have an idea on what steps you could take to make sure the med school knows what type of person is about to enter their program.

RRB needs to see some consequences of his actions.

ETA, I didn't see JL's reply before I posted. He has great advice as usual.

LC

Last edited by lifeschoice; 11/14/08 12:27 PM.

R
R
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Sure, but you know you could die in an accident every time you get behind the wheel of a car.

Does that mean that if a drunk driver crosses the center line and kills you in a head-on collision, your family shouldn't be outraged because "you knew the risk you were taking"?
No one wrote its not an outrage.

What I disagree with you on is she isn't responsible, she IS. She willing gave her consent to have the pictures taken.

Here's your quote below in case your memory is failing you.

K
K

No one wrote its not an outrage.

What I disagree with you on is she isn't responsible, she IS. She willing gave her consent to have the pictures taken.

Here's your quote below in case your memory is failing you.

Yeah, I realize that she gave her consent to have the photos taken. I do the same thing a couple times per year when we have family photos taken.

Did I willingly give my consent to have my photos taken, even though I know full well that there is such a thing as the internet, and my pictures could be easily shared without my permission? Yes.

Does that mean I don't have a legitimate complaint if those pics are shared without my consent? No.

Why are you defending RRB?

Divorced
G
G
LG,

Sorry for the dreadful news, is her face in any of them?

You need to inform whatever medical school this scab applies to and make sure he is not admitted, this behavior is not appropriate for a future doctor as it indicates an inability to keep patient confidentiality. I would also consider a law suit, but I don't know what the current legal thinking on these matters is. Get proof now.

You need to check out the myspace and facebook accounts of the students on campus that you know, just search on the names. In facebook the "open" accounts are highlighted in blue. The files might be posted at those sites. Also if you find one student you can often look at a list of their "friends".

If you have the names of the JPEG files do a search in google for "whatever.jpg" and "whatever.jpeg".

God Bless
NJ

R
R
You need to inform whatever medical school this scab applies to and make sure he is not admitted, this behavior is not appropriate for a future doctor as it indicates an inability to keep patient confidentiality.
Completely agree with bolded above.

R
R
Why are you defending RRB?

Both are culpable

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation