Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Do you object to the killing of 5 year olds?

Why bother with rhetorical questions? Just make your insane case already.

Its a real simple question. Do you object to the killing of 5 year olds? yes or no?

pssst MEDC, he doesn't know what an ad hom attack IS. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by medc
An Ad Hominem attack once again.

you're kidding right? Krazy, the only person on these boards I have seen edited for personal attacks more than me...is you.

What have you done to help children or the underprivileged?

Yet another ad hominem attack.

What does my being edited by moderators and helping children have to do with the fact that Melodylane advocates punishing rape victims?

Divorced
M
M
tap, tap, tap, tap...... waiting for answer....

whistle whistle whistle whistle

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
pssst MEDC, he doesn't know what an ad hom attack IS. grin

Pssst...age and wisdom definitely don't go hand-in-hand.

When I posted this:

I think it's ironic that someone who spouted off for a long time about how anti-American liberals are would have the United States join the most barbaric parts of the Middle and Far East as countries that punish rape victims.

You posted this:

What I think is ironic is someone who imagines he has any credibility to express "concern" about the best interest of a child when he has just advocated its brutal slaughter and disposal in the dempster dumpster. :RollieEyes:

Sorry, but you forfeited any credibility when you supported abortion. Your "concern" is fake and you know it.

Was that a textbook ad hominem attack? You betcha!

So, are you being dishonest, or are you really that ignorant?

My post was about you advocating the punishment of rape victims. Yours was about how I lack credibility.

I'll move on to the 5-year-old "dilema" once you've explained your stance supporting the punishment of rape victims.

Last edited by Krazy71; 11/14/08 02:12 PM.

Divorced
M
M

you're kidding right? Krazy, the only person on these boards I have seen edited for personal attacks more than me...is you.

What does my being edited by moderators and helping children have to do with the fact that Melodylane advocates punishing rape victims?

No attack there from me crazy...unless I am attacking myself as well. :RollieEyes:

I am curious as to what you have done to help children. I know what I have done...I put my money where my mouth is...I am wondering if you do the same.

M
M

But sadly, I don't see an answer here! You get no cigar for this post, Krazy!

Please don't mar my good TGIF mood and make me grow impatient... Here it is again:

Exposure 101

K
K

No attack there from me crazy...unless I am attacking myself as well. :RollieEyes:

I am curious as to what you have done to help children. I know what I have done...I put my money where my mouth is...I am wondering if you do the same.

I give to the United Way, and donate plenty of time and money to my son's school.

I don't know why it matters, since I'm not the one saying that every fertilized egg is a full-fledged human being.

Divorced
K
K

Please don't mar my good TGIF mood and make me grow impatient... Here it is again:

Since I asked my question first, why don't we answer it first?

Your question has an obvious answer. Can you figure it out on your own? Here's a hint: My son managed to make it to age 7 so far.

Divorced
M
M
I'll move on to the 5-year-old "dilema" once you've explained your stance supporting the punishment of rape victims.

My stance is that we do not ever punish rape victims. I prefer to punish liberals. wink

Ok, lets have an answer to my question, Krazy, enough dawdling.

Exposure 101

M
M
Both admirable...well, at least the school stuff anyway. The United Way is a major contributor to slaughter houses.

I would suggest directly helping kids that need help before running with your words about what others should do.

Lots of kids need foster care...try it, it will help you just as much as it helps them.

M
M

Since I asked my question first, why don't we answer it first?

Your question has an obvious answer. Can you figure it out on your own? Here's a hint: My son managed to make it to age 7 so far.

No hints, a yes or no answer, please.

Exposure 101

K
K

My stance is that we do not ever punish rape victims. I prefer to punish liberals. wink

Ok, lets have an answer to my question, Krazy, enough dawdling.

What a Palin-esque response. It was so cutesy and adorable that I almost didn't realize that you've still failed to answer my question!

For the record, I love the killing of 5-year-olds. Not just the idea of it...I love killing them myself. :RollieEyes:

What makes you think you're more entitled to a straight answer than I am?

Last edited by Krazy71; 11/14/08 02:21 PM.

Divorced
M
M
What a Palin-esque response. It was so cutesy and adorable that I almost didn't realize that you've still failed to answer my question!

For the record, I love the killing of 5-year-olds. Not just the idea of it...I love killing them myself. :RollieEyes:

bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk.......................

Exposure 101

K
K

bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk.......................

Yep, I'm shakin'. You betcha!

Sorry, I'm not playing that game. You can address what I said, or if you prefer we can just agree to disagree. It doesn't matter.

My side (the dark side) is winning, anyway. Has been for decades.

Divorced
M
M

WE KNOW! grin

Exposure 101

K
K

WE KNOW! grin

We?

Who's that? You and your small circle of rape-victim-hating friends?

Well, tell 'em to have a nice weekend.

Last edited by Krazy71; 11/14/08 02:29 PM.

Divorced
M
M
Who's that? You and your small circle of rape-victim-hating friends?

you just don't get it Krazy.

What do you do to help victims of abuse Krazy? You throw stuff like this out there....but what do you do to help???

P
P
How to reduce abortion numbers?

Make them unlawful.

The abortion doesn't end when the woman leave the doctor's office. It follows her for life.

I am personally acquainted with three people who have had abortions. All three of them carry a huge amount of guilt for what they did. All of them did it for convenience only.

One of them was my daughter.

My first grandchild was murdered.

My daughter was 16.

She went to a Planned Parenthood. They were pleased to "help her out."

My daughter, who is now in her 30s, cannot look at her other two children without remembering the one that was lost. She has suffered depression for years because of it. It has colored her life completely.

Had the law required her to get permission from her parents, I could have protected her and my grandchild.

Abortion is a quick solution with ever-lasting effects and is NEVER right, in ANY case.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
Both admirable...well, at least the school stuff anyway. The United Way is a major contributor to slaughter houses.

I would suggest directly helping kids that need help before running with your words about what others should do.

Lots of kids need foster care...try it, it will help you just as much as it helps them.

I don't understand your post, MEDC. You're here on MB, not married, a parent, and you tell others what they should do. You aren't directly in a marriage, nor have you been for several years.

Just as Dr. Harley hasn't experienced infidelity in his own marriage.

These are people's opinions...and you're saying to shut up if you aren't doing...because that's what you heard Krazy saying?

I don't get any of this. Are you sharing opinions to get others to stop thinking what they do, change their actions, or to hear from everyone willing to tread in this thread?

I cannot begin to see a way from ascertaining anyone's "credibility" or winning an argument here. We are all anonymous posters on an internet board. How on earth are we really going to discern life from a fetus when we refuse to discern personal attacks from differences in opinions?

Understandable emotions in response to other's opinions...important beliefs held close to our hearts can feel like are opinions ARE ourselves, therefore attacked when not agreed with. Not unreasonable to feel, unacceptable to react to...whether you get edited for it or not.

If you want to change people, go door to door...so you can look into their eyes, and they can look into yours.

LA

M
M
Originally Posted by LovingAnyway
I don't understand your post, MEDC. You're here on MB, not married, a parent, and you tell others what they should do. You aren't directly in a marriage, nor have you been for several years.

Just as Dr. Harley hasn't experienced infidelity in his own marriage.

These are people's opinions...and you're saying to shut up if you aren't doing...because that's what you heard Krazy saying?

But aren't you doing the same thing to MEDC with this post?
And why would you target MEDC for doing exactly what Krazy did by telling others to shut up? Why single out MEDC? crazy

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation