Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
M
M
LA, I didn't tell Krazy to shut up. I am asking what he is doing. I have experience with marriage...so your point is moot. In fact, IMHO, you are not worthy of more of a reply.

M
M
Originally Posted by LovingAnyway
If you want to change people, go door to door...so you can look into their eyes, and they can look into yours.

Should you also follow this advice with MEDC?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
How on earth are we really going to discern life from a fetus when we refuse to discern personal attacks from differences in opinions?

Yeah...that makes sense...in the psychobabble world.

P
P
I'm taking bets.

This thread will be locked by 5:00 p.m.

Any takers?

grin

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
not me...I am keeping my cool... cool

P
P
not me...I am keeping my cool...

You're always cool MEDC, I think that's why you frustrate some people. grin

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
AMEN! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
No, ML, I wasn't.

I asked him about his specific belief to put your money where your mouth is when his being on this board speaks otherwise.

MEDC contributes to this board.

I specifically did not address my question to you because you didn't make the statement he did.

Though you may hold the same belief.

What are you saying when you say, "You're doing it too, aren't you?"

You can see it that way no matter what I reply.

When I see two seemingly divergent beliefs by the same person, I'm going to ask about them. To that person.

You think I targeted, like with a pistola maybe.

I think I asked another poster about their statement.

LA

M
M
well LA, as I said I have experience with marriage and infidelity...so, what is your point?

M
M
Originally Posted by LovingAnyway
No, ML, I wasn't.

I asked him about his specific belief to put your money where your mouth is when his being on this board speaks otherwise.

MEDC contributes to this board.

I specifically did not address my question to you because you didn't make the statement he did.

Though you may hold the same belief.

What are you saying when you say, "You're doing it too, aren't you?"

But your analogy makes no sense, LA. MEDC is not lecturing others that they are not entitled to have an opinion if they have or haven't been married.

Krazy, on the other hand, is saying that folks here are not entitled to an opinion unless they are signed up on adoption lists. MEDC simply used Krazy's own logic against him.

Could you have overlooked that in your eagerness to indict?

Exposure 101

M
M
Could you have overlooked that in your eagerness?

she didn't overlook it Mel...it just fits her agenda.

B
B
Maybe we can agree on a few points.

I think most people realize that life begins at conception. Those that think the fetus is non human will never be able to stop abortion.

Also, abortions could be reduced to zero with excellent education on abstinence, talk about birth control and easy access to effective birth control.

Do we agree on that?

M
M
I don't agree. We have very effective birth control...that doesn't change the fact that no method is perfect.

Abstinence education does not work all the time as kids will be kids in some situations....

great ideas...but they will not bring the number anywhere close to zero.

P
P
abortions could be reduced to zero with excellent education on abstinence, talk about birth control and easy access to effective birth control.

Maybe reduced but not to zero.

Who's going to provide all this education, talk and easy access? Schools? The government? Planned Parenthood? Parents?

M
M
I thought we already did all of that? I think its unrealistic to believe that education can compensate for a lack of maturity and judgment, and most importantly, ADULTS who mislead young girls into thinking abortion is nothing more significant than removing a WART.

A huge part of the problem has been indoctrination of young girls who are taught that wrong is right. frown

Exposure 101

B
B
I believe parents should educate their children. But to get there, we need to change our whole view as a society and become more open about talking about sex.

There are many countries who have a more open attitude, access to birth control and have a very low abortion rate, even though abortion is legal.

We also have to change the way we think about adoption. We give lip service to it, and there are thousands of couples waiting for a baby, but there are no babies with our high abortion rate.

B
B
And even though all birth control isn't 100% reliable, many accidents are from not using properly. I think that many are around 97% reliable, so that would eliminate 97% of the abortions.

M
M
Originally Posted by believer
And even though all birth control isn't 100% reliable, many accidents are from not using properly. I think that many are around 97% reliable, so that would eliminate 97% of the abortions.

So 97% of abortions are due to failed birth control? Where did you get that #?

Exposure 101

M
M
I believe parents should educate their children. But to get there, we need to change our whole view as a society and become more open about talking about sex.

All the education in the world will not compensate for the immature judgement inherent in teenage girls, though. It is not a matter of knowledge, but a matter of maturity.

Another major factor are ADULTS who brainwash girls into believing that abortion is no more significant than getting a wart removed. That is a HUGE PART of the problem. They teach children that wrong is right and are no better than waywards.

Exposure 101

T
T
Maybe we can agree on a few points.
If we stick to the topic of how to reduce abortions rather than argue about the morality of it then yes we can agree on probably more than a few points.

I think most people realize that life begins at conception. Those that think the fetus is non human will never be able to stop abortion.
This is generally the point upon which many people disagree. For the sake of continuing what could be an extremely productive discussion on reducing numbers, how about we leave this topic for another thread?

Also, abortions could be reduced to zero with excellent education on abstinence, talk about birth control and easy access to effective birth control.

Do we agree on that?

I agree this is a start but it has to be a lot more than handing kids a pamphlet. Also, in the absence of public health care, many people don't have easy access to effective birth control even if they do know about it.

There was also a post shortly past this regarding parents and I strongly believe they have a huge role in this. Unfortunately, too many parents back off from their responsibility in this regard. Therefore, schools should be involved as well.

Kids need to be knowledgable enough AND comfortable enough to discuss these issues with an adult, preferably their parent but at bare minimum a teacher or other respected adult, and be able to ask questions of any kind. There should be no embarrassment or shame in these discussions on either the part of the adult or the child. After all, it is an important part of our own biology, health and well being.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation