Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Here is why "pro-choice" is not the same as "pro-abortion":

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6256644&page=1

Why do you care who kills the baby?

At the end of the day the baby is dead.

Is it somehow worse to you that the mother doesn't want it to happen?

Now you know how all of us Pro-Lifers feel about EVERY abortion.

M
M

So whats the problem? Maybe the Chinese govt decided they have "CHOICES" too? It is their "belief" that this is not murder so they are fully justified, using your logic.

I thought you were pro-choice?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by iam

Why do you care who kills the baby?

At the end of the day the baby is dead.

Now you know how all of us Pro-Lifers feel about EVERY abortion.

I guess its good if the mother kills the baby but BAD if the Chinese govt kills it? crazy

not quite sure how that logic works. crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by medc
Then being in favor of a woman's right to choose is not being in favor of killing babies.

Is it just me or is there a total lack of critical thought on display in this post?

How do you figure?

My wife and I support a woman's right to decide whether or not to have an abortion. Neither of us would want her to have an abortion, except in extreme, rare circumstances.

Therefore, we are pro-choice and NOT pro-abortion. Duh.

Just how many people do I have to help before I can post any ridiculous nonsense I choose, and feel entitled to do so without being questioned?

I'm not sure of the number...but when you get your first one it might be easier to figure out.

Oh, I've already logged more than one. Do I get my free pass yet?

Divorced
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71

weasel word semantics. puhleese :RollieEyes:

Nor are you "pro-choice". Not unless you advocate that "CHOICE" be extended to the one whose life is up for grabs. If not, then it is disingenuous doublespeak to say you are "pro-choice." It is bullcrap.

One is either for or against; pro or anti, you can't weasel out of that.

Exposure 101

T
T
Originally Posted by iam
Since I am pro-choice, then YES!!!!!

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
So whats the problem? Maybe the Chinese govt decided they have "CHOICES" too? It is their "belief" that this is not murder so they are fully justified, using your logic.

Read carefully! The Chinese gov't has TAKEN AWAY the mother's choice. THIS is what I'm opposed to!

I guess its good if the mother kills the baby but BAD if the Chinese govt kills it? crazy

I really don't know how you read this into my posts. I've said from the start, I am pro-choice, anti-abortion. It isn't good if the mother has an abortion. It isn't good if the Chinese gov't (or any other) forces the mother to have an abortion. It isn't good if any government takes away a persons control over their own body, no matter what it is. THAT is my point. You want to eliminate abortion by legal means. I want to reduce them by other means. That's the difference. The end goal is the same - fewer abortions. I don't know why you feel the need to insult me repeatedly over this.

M
M
sure he is pro abortion...but just for those that choose to kill their baby.

"Hey, I would never molest a child or commit adultery...but if you want to...go ahead."

:RollieEyes:

M
M
Originally Posted by iam

Read carefully! The Chinese gov't has TAKEN AWAY the mother's choice. THIS is what I'm opposed to!

I really don't know how you read this into my posts. I've said from the start, I am pro-choice, anti-abortion. It isn't good if the mother has an abortion. It isn't good if the Chinese gov't (or any other) forces the mother to have an abortion. It isn't good if any government takes away a persons control over their own body, no matter what it is. THAT is my point. You want to eliminate abortion by legal means. I want to reduce them by other means. That's the difference. The end goal is the same - fewer abortions. I don't know why you feel the need to insult me repeatedly over this.

all this concern for the murderous moms rights...but what about the babies right to live and not be pulled apart piece by piece.

I am pro-choice, anti-abortion

this is absolutely ludicrous.

M
M
. It isn't good if the Chinese gov't (or any other) forces the mother to have an abortion. It isn't good if any government takes away a persons control over their own body, no matter what it is. THAT is my point.

But the Chinese goverment believes it is a good thing. Therefore they are justified because one's "belief" justifies anything. Right?

Secondly, the Chinese government also has "choices." They choose to exercise those "choices." smile

Exposure 101

K
K

Nope...not unless you're incapable of seeing the difference between the two terms. I thought I laid it out for MEDC so that a grade-schooler could understand it...maybe I can attach pictures to my next attempt.

Nor are you "pro-choice".

Duh, yes I am. I am for the right of the mother to choose to have an abortion or not.

Can you wrap your brain around that simple concept, or do you always try to gaslight anyone who has an opinion that offends you?

Yes, I am pro-choice whether you like it or not. It is a fact, not an opinion.

Not unless you advocate that "CHOICE" be extended to the one whose life is up for grabs. If not, then it is disingenuous doublespeak to say you are "pro-choice." It is bullcrap.

Funny...I've never heard a single fetus speak out against abortion. Giving a fetus a say in the matter isn't going to help your cause. Did you ask your dog if it wanted to be fixed, too?

Disingenuous doublespeak? Laughable.

If you can't understand the difference between supporting the right to choose, and going to the clinic and having an abortion yourself, you shouldn't be debating the topic because you are too myopic (at best) too even begin to have a sane discussion.

It's either your way, or no way. :RollieEyes:

Yeah, I'm pro-choice. If that makes me pro-abortion, why do I have two children? Shouldn't I have aborted them?

Divorced
K
K
I am pro-choice, anti-abortion

this is absolutely ludicrous.

If it can't be true, why are my kids still alive?

It's amazing that pro-life people fight this point, only so they can continue assocating the term "pro-choice" with "pro-abortion".

It's all about name-calling.

Last edited by Krazy71; 11/17/08 02:45 PM.

Divorced
I
iam Offline
I

Since you so big on CHOICE how about we let the baby be born and when he/she can CHOOSE (which you advocate) we can ask him/her if it's OK to kill them?

M
M
because you and your wife decided that your kids were worth more than someone elses.

K
K
because you and your wife decided that your kids were worth more than someone elses.

Ah, so now you're a psychic. Whatever it takes, huh? Twist and distort reality until it "lines up" with your preconceived notions.

Actually, my kids are alive because we didn't choose to abort them, even though we support the right of others to make a different choice.

You're not dumb. You are only being obstinate.

Divorced
I
iam Offline
I
Funny...I've never heard a single fetus speak out against abortion. Giving a fetus a say in the matter isn't going to help your cause. Did you ask your dog if it wanted to be fixed, too?

What utter nonsense! But when you compare a baby to a dog what else can one expect.

I wonder, when your children were fetuses, did you love them? Did you rub your wifes belly. Did you both talk to them?

Or did you show zero emotion until the 'fetus' was viable?

Last edited by iam; 11/17/08 02:53 PM. Reason: fixed quote tool
B
B
The more interesting question (to me) is do you respect the rule of law while opposing Roe?

M
M

Nope...not unless you're incapable of seeing the difference between the two terms. I thought I laid it out for MEDC so that a grade-schooler could understand it...maybe I can attach pictures to my next attempt.

Duh, yes I am. I am for the right of the mother to choose to have an abortion or not.

Can you wrap your brain around that simple concept, or do you always try to gaslight anyone who has an opinion that offends you?

Not unless you advocate that "CHOICE" be extended to the one whose life is up for grabs. If not, then it is disingenuous doublespeak to say you are "pro-choice." It is bullcrap.

If you can't understand the difference between supporting the right to choose, and going to the clinic and having an abortion yourself, you shouldn't be debating the topic because you are too myopic (at best) too even begin to have a sane discussion.

Yeah, I'm pro-choice. If that makes me pro-abortion, why do I have two children? Shouldn't I have aborted them?

In other words ya ain't pro-choice. You're pro WEASEL WORDS. grin

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Brix
The more interesting question (to me) is do you respect the rule of law while opposing Roe?

Of course I respect the rule of law, in principle. I do not respect BAD LAW, such as Roe versus Wade.

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by iam

What utter nonsense! But when you compare a baby to a dog what else can one expect.

I wonder, when your children were fetuses, did you love them? Did you rub your wifes belly. Did you both talk to them?

Or did you show zero emotion until the 'fetus' was viable?

I love my kids at least as much as you do, and as an added bonus I won't support an idiotic point of view that dictates my daughter would be forced to carry a baby to term, even if it's the product of a rape.

I would question the love of any parent who believes their daughter should endure such a thing, if she is ever unfortunate enough to be impregnated by a rapist.

Divorced
K
K

In other words ya ain't pro-choice. You're pro WEASEL WORDS. grin

What are you, five?

No, I'm pro-choice.

Was today's episode of Sesame Street sponsored by "weasel words" or something?

Divorced
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation