Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
I would question the love of any parent who believes their daughter should endure such a thing, if she is ever unfortunate enough to be impregnated by a rapist.

I question the "love" of any parent who would mislead a young girl into believing that abortion is a moral choice. And may God help that parent when that girl grows and realizes how you have deceived her into committing such an trecherous act, Krazy. The blood of your grandchild will be on your hands. And so will the black stain on your child's soul.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Brix
One is either for or against; pro or anti, you can't weasel out of that.
The more interesting question (to me) is do you respect the rule of law while opposing Roe?

Of course I respect the rule of law, in principle. I do not respect BAD LAW, such as Roe versus Wade.

So, you respect the laws you agree with.

Talk about WEASEL WORDS...Roe versus Wade is only a bad law in the opinion of pro-lifers. It is a fine law in my opinion.

Leave it to a Christian to try and assert an opinion as an absolute fact.

Divorced
M
M
So, you respect the laws you agree with.

Do you respect Jim Crow laws?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by iam
Funny...I've never heard a single fetus speak out against abortion. Giving a fetus a say in the matter isn't going to help your cause. Did you ask your dog if it wanted to be fixed, too?

What utter nonsense! But when you compare a baby to a dog what else can one expect.

I wonder, when your children were fetuses, did you love them? Did you rub your wifes belly. Did you both talk to them?

Or did you show zero emotion until the 'fetus' was viable?

I love my kids at least as much as you do, and as an added bonus I won't support an idiotic point of view that dictates my daughter would be forced to carry a baby to term, even if it's the product of a rape.

I would question the love of any parent who believes their daughter should endure such a thing, if she is ever unfortunate enough to be impregnated by a rapist.

Nice try at evading the questions.

I didn't ask you if you loved your children.

So based on your comments rape is the only reason you support abortion?

K
K

I question the "love" of any parent who would mislead a young girl into believing that abortion is a moral choice. And may God help that parent when that girl grows and realizes how you have deceived her into committing such an trecherous act, Krazy. The blood of your grandchild will be on your hands. And so will the black stain on your child's soul.

I guess when your swiss-cheese logic is exposed, you try the Drama Card.

My daughter will be intelligent enough to make her own decision without being brainwashed from birth by the church, mommy, and daddy.

Any god who would have my daughter carry a rapist's baby is no god I will ever worship, anyway.

If you wish to put your god above your children, feel free.

I choose to put my kids first.

Last edited by Krazy71; 11/17/08 03:06 PM.

Divorced
M
M

I guess when your swiss-cheese logic is exposed, you try the Drama Card.

My daughter will be intelligent enough to make her own decision without being brainwashed from birth by the church, mommy, and daddy.

Any god who would have my daughter carry a rapist's baby is no god I will ever worship, anyway.

it's funny that you stick with this hollow argument. Not a single mainstream argument has been made to make a rape victim carry a child to term. If that and the health of the mother were the only exceptions, I would jump for joy.

The 3000 or so abortions each year, although sad, would be a drop in the bucket compared to the million that occur now.

K
K
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by iam
Funny...I've never heard a single fetus speak out against abortion. Giving a fetus a say in the matter isn't going to help your cause. Did you ask your dog if it wanted to be fixed, too?

What utter nonsense! But when you compare a baby to a dog what else can one expect.

I wonder, when your children were fetuses, did you love them? Did you rub your wifes belly. Did you both talk to them?

Or did you show zero emotion until the 'fetus' was viable?

I love my kids at least as much as you do, and as an added bonus I won't support an idiotic point of view that dictates my daughter would be forced to carry a baby to term, even if it's the product of a rape.

Nice try at evading the questions.

I didn't ask you if you loved your children.

So based on your comments rape is the only reason you support abortion?

No, rape is not the only reason I support abortion.

I am not some huge Christian tool who honestly believes that everyone should think and act as I do. I am not so self-righteous that I pretend to know what is best for everyone else.

Divorced
M
M

A 16 year old? How will a 16 yr old make any such "decision" if her creepy parents have never taught her right from wrong as many pro-abortion parents have failed to do?

Any parent who would influence her daughter to believe that rape justifies murder is harming her and leading her to commit an action that will stain her conscience.

Exposure 101

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by medc
it's funny that you stick with this hollow argument. Not a single mainstream argument has been made to make a rape victim carry a child to term. If that and the health of the mother were the only exceptions, I would jump for joy.

The 3000 or so abortions each year, although sad, would be a drop in the bucket compared to the million that occur now.

They always love to trot out the rape and incest words to try and demonize the pro-life crowd.

It's an oft used tactic. That and insults to others intelligence with Sesame Street comments. :RollieEyes:

K
K
Not a single mainstream argument has been made to make a rape victim carry a child to term.

Right...except for the Republican Vice Presidential candidate.

Divorced
M
M
I am not some huge Christian tool who honestly believes that everyone should think and act as I do. I am not so self-righteous that I pretend to know what is best for everyone else.

ah, and yet another insult to Christians.

Mods???

M
M
sorry, she expressed her PERSONAL beliefs...not a political platform. I guess you know the difference.

B
B
Of course I respect the rule of law, in principle. I do not respect BAD LAW, such as Roe versus Wade.
I understand that you morally oppose Roe and believe it is bad law, but what I was trying to get at is your position on the bombing of Planned Parenthood clinics or the murder of Doctors that perform abortions?

K
K
Originally Posted by iam
They always love to trot out the rape and incest words to try and demonize the pro-life crowd.

By disregarding the victims of rape and incest, you are doing a fine job of demonizing yourself.

Originally Posted by iam
It's an oft used tactic. That and insults to others intelligence with Sesame Street comments. :RollieEyes:

Excuse me, I insulted a lack of intelligence.

Divorced
M
M
Platform for Republicans

Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions

Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing

Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion

Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them

K
K

Mods???

That's not an insult to all Christians, ***EDIT***.

Last edited by JustUss; 11/17/08 03:21 PM. Reason: personal attack

Divorced
M
M
Originally Posted by Brix
I understand that you morally oppose Roe and believe it is bad law, but what I was trying to get at is your position on the bombing of Planned Parenthood clinics or the murder of Doctors that perform abortions?

I would never advocate murder.

Exposure 101

I
iam Offline
I
[
No, rape is not the only reason I support abortion.

Then why do you keep bringing up rape?

As far as your other comment. It just proves what I said to medc.

When in a corner start calling names. Very intelligent.

K
K
sorry, she expressed her PERSONAL beliefs...not a political platform. I guess you know the difference.

If that's the case, why did pro-lifers vote for her in droves?

Divorced
M
M

Mods???

That's not an insult to all Christians, you big baby.

Actually its an insult to secularists, because the implication is that only Christians know right from wrong. crazy

Exposure 101

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation