Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2153966 11/05/08 09:23 PM
M
OP Offline
M
My grandfather is dying. He has colon cancer that has now moved into his brain. It is down to hour-by-hour...my grandmother is sitting with him tonight. She stills must fight for her life when this is over as she has breast cancer. My parents are with them. They are all the way in Saskatchewan.

This man is so gentle, so peaceful, so loving. It is a great loss to the world and I am so sad.

I am trying to remember that God has a plan, that what I tell my children is true and that Dede (grandfather) has lived a wonderfully long life. But I am so sad that I will never see him or feel his hands again.

Please send strength and prayers to my family.

MogiSola

BW (me)
FWH (him - he's earning the F)
3 boys (4, 5, and 7)
M 1997
LT EA/PA 2004-2007
D-Day #1 Feb 2006
Joined MB.
D-Day #2 Feb 2008
D-Day #3 Aug 2008
Began REAL recovery Sept 2008.

C
C
MS, I am so sorry! It is so hard to feel so hopeless in such times. I watched my dad die from Leukemia, and I know that the most important thing to him at the time was knowing that his family was there for him. It's all that mattered. Just be there for them both; it'll mean the world to them.

{{{MS}}}

Q
Q
Please send strength and prayers to my family.
May G-d's love and comfort guide you and strengthen your love of him and family during this hard time. He does have a plan for us, and part of that plan is trusting him and knowing that these horribly hard, emotional and sad times are what makes us stronger and helps us to remember what is so most important.

LOVE, FAMILY and being there for each other during the hardest time.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Mogi-

I am in WA St and am thinking of you and praying for you, your family, your grandmother and your grandfather. My heart goes out to you. Stay strong, feel love, and just "be"; for that is all we really have in the end...

My BF's fam is in Calgary, and they've experienced what you are now, in this passed year... It is one of the hardest things, but in it's own way, one of the most beautiful experiences. To be there, is remarkable, and loving, and beautiful, and sad. So inexplicably sad...

Just be, just love... God will take care...

(((Mogi))) (((Mog's Family)))

Me BS
H FWS

DDay 10/2007

Actively recovering, learning, loving, earning a better marriage!
D
D
(((((((Mogi & Familia))))))

Your quiet peace in your posts have always touched me. I'm sure it is your grandfather's gift to you.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Dear MogiSola,

I read your post and I am so sorry. Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful & loving man. When you think of him, you will always remember and celebrate the way that he has lived his life....a loving man, husband & grandfather. The memory of him will be your comfort.

I will pray for you, your grandmother and your family.

Me - BS (used to be known on this board as "NoTrust"

WH - 1st EA/PA, 1999-2000
2nd EA (Phone/Texting), 3 weeks (9/19/08-10/08/08)

DDay - 10/29/08

In Recovery
M
OP Offline
M
My grandfather passed away this morning. I won't have time to really mourn him until this evening...the joy of children, I guess. In a sense, I am relieved. We knew that he was going and the waiting was almost harder than the death.

Thank you to all for your prayers.
Mogisola

BW (me)
3 boys (4, 5, and 7)
M 1997
LT EA/PA 2004-2007
D-Day #1 Feb 2006
Joined MB.
D-Day #2 Feb 2008
D-Day #3 Aug 2008

C
C
{{{Mogisola}}} I'm so sorry. We'll send a prayer your way for him and you and your family.

G
G
Prayers to you and yours as you celebrate his life and grieve your loss. In times of need look around at his legacy of grand children and see how he has contributed to the circle of life. Take comfort in that legacy and keep him alive with stories to the little ones. God Bless GF

Marriages don't fail, people do. (And I don't recall who said it)
C
C
Mogi - I'm sorry about your loss. I know it must be hard and sad. Always remember his love for you and cherish the memories you have of him. Be sure your grandmother knows how very much you love her. Show her now - while you have the chance.

B
B
Originally Posted by MogiSola
But I am so sad that I will never see him or feel his hands again.

But you will see him again. smile

Sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
OP Offline
M
My grandfather passed away last week. This was spoken about him at the service.

My Dad chose to live his life by two simple, yet at times exceedingly difficult, tenets. One comes straight from the Lord's Prayer: Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Again, in that same hospital room in ****, he told me, “Forgive. Forgive. Forgive. As hard as it might be at times, be forgiving.” He knew that it was better to let it go, knowing that God always has the final word. To forgive was not easy, but it was what he believed to be right. Forgive. Forgive. Forgive.

The other simple tenet he lived by was “Divine Guidance”. There were countless times Mom and we heard kids him say, “Listen to the small voice within you,” or “Things will be naturally right,” or “God will show you the way.”

It is amazing to me how there are such times when God takes your hand and says, "Look...I'm giving you a 2x4 here...would you listen, already?"

Just before reading this passage from the funeral, I had finished a book that was recommended to me by one of the people at the bookstore. She knows nothing about my situation, just that I was looking for a good book. The book is called Touching Spirit Bear. It is about the journey a boy takes from anger and blame to forgiveness. It is incredible. I could see myself in it so often and I tried to picture myself through the process he experiences and come out on the other side with him.

God is telling me that it is time for forgiveness. I am working to find peace with it. It is a lesson hard-learned, but well worth the effort.

MS

BW (me)
3 boys (4, 5, and 7)
M 1997
LT EA/PA 2004-2007
D-Day #1 Feb 2006
Joined MB.
D-Day #2 Feb 2008
D-Day #3 Aug 2008

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation