Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2159373 11/16/08 06:41 PM
T
OP Offline
T
anyone familiar with the "Recover Deleted Items" feature in Microsoft Outlook Web Access? It lets you recover deleted emails for up to 15 days from the time of final deletion from the deleted items folder.

On friday my WW deleted a folder with 1100+ emails between herself and the OM. I had been in the process of saving all of those emails before i expose at work, but with 1100 of them, it takes some time. Since she deleted the folder, i have had to recover it using the "recover deleted items" tool, save as many emails as i can, and then delete the folder again. When looking at the deleted items available for recovery, it says the day and time the item was deleted, except for a folder, it says nothing, so i figured i was safe in doing this and my WW would not notice the date change when i recover and delete the folder. The problem is that i was using firefox as my browser, firefox doesn't show the deleted date for a folder, only messages, but when i looked using internet explorer today, it displays the deleted time for folders as well. So, if my WW looked in the "recover deleted items" list, she might notice this change. I don't think she knows about this, but the OM might. After she deleted the folder on friday, he sent her an email that said he could show her how to save those emails if she wanted and that he could temporarily put them on his work PC. So i am worried that they will look in here next week and see that the date has changed. What do you guys thing i should do? I could just not go into that folder anymore and cross my fingers. I could delete from the recover deleted items list all together. They might think that was strange, but would probably just think that it was permenently deleted because it was too large to keep. any other ideas?

Me, BH - 26
WW - 27
d-day - 10/28/08
d-day 2 - 12/15/08

S
S
Why don't you just confront your WW instead of playing games?

This isn't some PC forensic execise. This is your W and Marriage.

All Blessings,
Jerry

T
T
If your WW is not admitting to sleeping with the OM, why do you have to admit to recovering deleted items?

T
OP Offline
T
i have already confronted my WW, and she is continuing to contact the OM. I just wanted to get all of the evidence saved before i expose the affair to work because they are probably likely to delete all emails once they find out that the word it out on them. If they notice that someone has been into this folder before i expose, they might get spooked and delete everything before work has a chance to do any investigation, thats all.

Me, BH - 26
WW - 27
d-day - 10/28/08
d-day 2 - 12/15/08

M
M
Were the emails damning as to an affair?

M
M
Ps: do they text and are they still? Get a keystroke logger.

J
J
If you're that concerned about the deleted date just empty the "Recover Deleted Items" folder. It's an option when you have it open. Or you can permanently delete specific items out of there. Exchange (which is what Outlook Web Access connects to) does this on a maintenance cycle anyway. By default it will keep mail for 14 days altho her company may have set that limit higher or lower depending on their policies.

H
H
nowadays most companies keep copies of employee emails on servers. if you expose to her company, they will most likely pull the records.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation