Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
L
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
and you often end up getting an eyefull of that along with the bum crack and g-string that makes such a nice accompanyment when you are out in a restaurant.

Perhaps I need to find classier places to eat.

rotflmao

rotflmao
I thought that was an instant fine in your country??

Yep, you need to upgrade from Macca's

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
L
L
I read a tattoo magazine a few years back where a breast cancer survivor had submitted pics. She had the twisting scars coloured to look like thorny rose stems and ended up with a beautiful rose bouquet resting slightly to the side of her heart. It was beautiful.

I have a heart with a butterfly over it, 2 roses in a tribal style, and a fern. Flick has a whale

B
B
I seen her too. She was an woman of age, correct? (I am trying to be politically correct :RollieEyes:) There was another one that had beautiful purple flowers in a vine kind of design covering her scars. They are brave women to say the least.

OK Lil, I get the heart with butterfly, the 2 roses in a tribal and fern, but Flick and the whale? I am sooo curious. think

Beam

Me:BS 41
Him:WH 37
Married:18 Years
Together:24 Years
DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
D
D
OK Lil, I get the heart with butterfly, the 2 roses in a tribal and fern, but Flick and the whale? I am sooo curious.

Is it a Sperm Whale?

whistle

Charlotte

rotflmao

D
D
I'm really starting to desire a tattoo now!!!

I think a "tramp stamp" might be quite sexy!

Hmmmmm......... think

What to do, what to do?

WHERE to do?

grin

B
B
Originally Posted by lildoggie
rotflmao

You really wouldn't believe the really classy places I have see this.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
L
L
LOL, more of a virile Orca laugh

Originally he had 2 dolphins, but did'nt like the way they looked. He wanted to keep the nautical theme and the artist designed an Orca to go over top.

As far as what you might want and where to locate it... Flick is seriously thinking of getting something like a sheild designed with the hat and crossed axes of the fire brigade, a radio mic, and a cow on it to represent the important things in his life. He'll probably get it on his other arm.

For anyone else I think it depends on why you are getting one. I have mine discreetly located because my tats are a part, not the whole of who I am. However I know many women who have them much more openly placed.

L
L
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by lildoggie
rotflmao

You really wouldn't believe the really classy places I have see this.

*shudder*

B
B
Lil,

OK, here I go again. I get the nautical whale orca. I get the "sheild designed with the hat and crossed axes of the fire brigade, a radio mic." But a cow? think I have to say, I like that Flick has variety! So why a cow?

I think I like this thread. At least it makes me smile.

Beam

DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
L
L
Pleased your getting a chuckle.

We are dairy famers.
Thats why a cow.
The FB stuff because he has been a volunteer for 7 years now, the mic because he is a jock, has been for 15 odd year.

If I was to design one it would have babies, something about midwifery, a resturant, a cow, a motorbike, and garlic laugh

K
K
There's a very large underclass walking about then because I know of very few young people who don't have tats and I work at a University. Girls and boys have them and these are mainly middle class college educated kids.

I don't have any myself but I'm old and, yes, tats were frowned on when I was young - so were pierced ears lol. My DS has lots of tats. My DD doesn't have any.

NJ, if you google "Ta Moko" you will find a rich history of tattooing in the South Pacific. Here it was used to define tribal affliliations, as decoration, as a coming of age rite of passage. It's of great cultural significance to the people's of the South Pacific (and absolutely nothing to do with slavery).

Lil, I bet your tats are as cute as all get out. kiss

ETA for BigK - one of the funniest lines in "40 year old Virgin" was when the girl is bending over and her g string is showing and the "virgin" whispers to his friend "there's something wrong with her underpants."

Last edited by KiwiJ; 11/23/08 05:33 PM.
I
I
as one person said there are "nice" tattoos and "not so nice" tattoos. you can also look at it like this-it is also someones art work, someones time and effort. im 31 and got my first tattoo in feb, i got my second a month later. both are butterflies. my mom---who is against them said it was pretty-. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i would not discriminate against someone just cause they have a tattoo(s). its not whats on the outside that really matters but whats in your heart.. how you treat others. besides most people who get tattoos get them when they are young and foolish (others wait 15 yrs to get one-like me lol)

me-31
h-40
ds-3
together-6
married-5
2nd marriage for me-1st for him
status of marriage-dependes whose side your on.
G
Gamma Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi,

So because my body is not symmetric, I am ugly. Because I have blemishes, I am not beautiful.

I don't know if you are ugly or not, I would guess that you are less attractive than you were because of your scarring. When Playboy has a special issue dedicated to post-mastectomy women I will believe that we have rewired the human brain to be more accepting. Are you saying we should deny what seems to be hard coded into our brains, just to be polite and acceptable.

I think our perception and response to beauty is both innate and cultural.

Some studies indicate that babies are draw more towards symmetric faces.

And blemishes do subtract from your beauty. How may runway models have port wine blotches. Given the choice would you eliminate your blemishes if you could.

I know Cindy Crawford has a blemish on her face but it is not large and there is only one. Somewhat like the asymmetric hood ornament on the Studibaker Avanti by Industrial designer Raymond Loewy. I won't deny that a small asymmetric feature provide interest, but the difference in size of the two doors on the AMC pacer was just plain ugly.

NJ

K
K
NJ, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You will be amazed how growing older (or in your case just growing up period) will completely change your world view and tolerance and perception of worth.

One day the scales will fall from your eyes.

At the moment you remind me of the hilarious Mad magazine cartoon with the back view of three teenage boys talking about three teenage girls (the usual, "what a dog" etc etc) and then the front view of the boys shows - and there they are - acne, snaggle teeth, funny haircuts, crooked noses.

BTW, I wouldn't eliminate one of my "blemishes", I love them all - they are me. Who the heck wants to look like a runway model anyway?

M
M
When Playboy has a special issue dedicated to post-mastectomy women I will believe that we have rewired the human brain to be more accepting.

and when one attains their definition of beauty from Playboy it is time to reflect on ones maturity. Silicone, airbrushing, fake nails, boobs, plastic surgery, special lighting, etc... do not beauty make.

D
D
I know Cindy Crawford has a blemish on her face but it is not large

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

B
B
NJ,

Given the choice would you eliminate your blemishes if you could.
Given the choice, there are a lot of things I would eliminate. I would start with eliminating juvenile, immature, uncaring people the ability to post something that has the potential of hurting another's self esteem and self worth.

I would guess that you are less attractive than you were because of your scarring.
WTH?

When Playboy has a special issue dedicated to post-mastectomy women I will believe that we have rewired the human brain to be more accepting.
When Playboy actually produces subscribers with more than a 14 year old sexual disposition, I will believe that we have a classier society with more realistic expectations of what is real/fake/toxic and acceptable.

I will feel sorry for your wife when she starts to show the aging process.

DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
L
L
NJ,
Seeing that you had few posts to your name and being as nosy as I am I read thru a few. Here's what I have gleaned.

You are an OC who was adopted out. You are a cancer survivor. You have adopted a 180 plan in your M for undisclosed reasons. Neither you or your W have had an A, emotional or physical.
You started posting by giving advice to many people after "lurking for some months". This to date is the only thread you have ever started.

Who are you and what is your story?

I have one crooked tooth BTW, yet I am considered to be reasonably attractive. The only 'blemish' I would have removed is a scar on my forehead from having chicken pox as a child and even I know that is pure vanity.

I believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While PA may be high on your list of EN's it is not to most people. Even my H who has it as #2 can admire attractiveness in women most would consider to be plain.

As far as Playboy being an indication of what is attractive in today’s world, when I feel the need to be so underweight that I grow lanugo as most of the models have, as well has have my perfectly functioning bosom blown up to the size of melons, I will know I have truly lost my mind .

K
K
NJ is married???? I thought he was about 15. faint faint

K
K
Originally Posted by BeamMeUp
WTH?

BeamMeUp, in this case I think you'd be forgiven a WTF.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation