Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
M
OP Offline
M
thanks, MrsW. smile We are worried, but not overly worried because there is a very high cure rate with this kind of cancer and they caught it early.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
Maybe "real" groping would get on each other's nerves, I'm not sure. If I bend over and my H pinches my bottom, I'm delighted!!!!

What a tramp!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What a tramp!! rotflmao

rotflmao

Mel, like I say, all the groping done in our house is teasing and affectionate. I really don't know how I'd handle being "groped" for real.

So sorry to hear about Mr Mel. I hope all goes well.

L
L
Mel:

I hope that your Husband's Biopsy, like Flamingo's this summer, is all clear.

Ok, you put the word to it. Annoyance.

As Miss M and Mrs W have noted, "Because we like to" is a standard male response. I like touching Flamingo as well. And when DS15 in in the other room, I can up the ante, so to speak.

But it creates annoyance in you. (Not always, I understand, but moreso now than ever)

That's a Lovebuster. Drains the old love bank.

Lets look into some other things. Place and time.

When do you seem to get the most groping? When you two have been apart, or when things are going really well because you have been together alot?

Does is seem to always proceed to SF? Or has that diminished? and groping increased?

Are you uspet that the Texans can't win a ball game?

Or as your mood changes, his "gropeyness" increases?

Seriously. When things are going well in the M, and I've filled up Flamingo's lovebank and all is well, there is no "groping". I can hug on Flamingo all I want. She WANTS it.

Then, if not, then I know that something is up, and needs to be fixed. And if I'm not offering it TO HER, then she knows that something is up with me.

LG

PS: Mel, I think this thread can help a number of folks....

M
M
It's the REAL groping that gets on my nerves. Rearage groping does not bother me much(thought I would clarify that). cool

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
M
M
Mel,
My thoughts are with you and your DH. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited by MicheleG; 11/24/08 08:42 PM.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks, Kiwi. smile I hope I am not giving the impression that I am frigid, I am NOT, believe me. We do have mucho fun usually.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks LG and Michele. LG, it is annoying when I am in the middle of doing something and most especially when we are driving somewhere in the car. In one case, he has my full committed attention and in the other he does not. So, I do know that its not a lack of attention, and it is not a lack of SF either.

He just LIKES handling the merchandise as often as possible. grumble

Exposure 101

S
S
He just LIKES handling the merchandise as often as possible
LOL - Good Line

Interesting Topic

I'm with you, groping is a turn off!

M
M
Sometimes men can find some measure of amusement in seeing some women's irritated response to being groped, it's one possible reason why Mr. Mel may continue the groping even though you've objected to it.

But well, if talking hasn't worked, you may need to resort to the classic ladies' response to unwelcome groping:

Next time he does it, SLAP THE SH** OUTTA HIM! rotflmao

You'd pretty much guarantee him never touching you that way again. grin

M
M
it is annoying when I am in the middle of doing something

Same here.

If I'm stretching...doing the dishes...driving...working w/ my hands...H is groping away.

So annoying.

B
B
I cannot believe how much traffic this is getting! This is like the most popular ever and I think it has much to do with the gratuitous use of the word "groping!" Just sounds edgy! wink
Best friend 439

Me:BS40
WXH:42
DD15; DS13; DD6
D-day:6/30/08 & 10/25/08
WH moved out 9/15/08
D: 1/15/10

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you, because it's happened, doesn't mean you've been discarded." -- Big Country from "In a Big Country."
"Keep calm and carry on." -- Winston Churchill
L
L
Mel:

Than this:
it is annoying when I am in the middle of doing something and most especially when we are driving somewhere in the car. In one case, he has my full committed attention and in the other he does not.

Your in the middle of doing something? Like what? Posting here? Cooking supper? Laundry? Putting little smiley faces on pictures of your favorite bad guy?

When you WANT to do THIS and he WANTS to do THAT, then it is annoying, and a distraction.

And driving? Keep his hands to himself! That can be akin to drunken and drugged driving! Someone can GET HURT!

Now, I can hold Flamingos hand or rest my hand on her thigh, or even give it a squeeze or rub, IF I am driving. If she is, I tend to keep my hand in hers. Don't want to be a distraction.

Mr ML is using the "groping" as a attention getter. You won't step away from what you are doing using other methods. But the "groping" seems to work. Or, you have just grown tried of the game. And wish he would stop.

LG

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
And driving? Keep his hands to himself! That can be akin to drunken and drugged driving! Someone can GET HURT!

I know! He says the seat belt is "enticing." grumble

Exposure 101

M
M
I know! He says the seat belt is "enticing." grumble

LMAO!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
If I'm stretching...doing the dishes...driving...working w/ my hands...H is groping away.

So annoying.

aha! So he waits until you are DEFENSELESS and then moves in for the kill! rant2

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Marshmallow

So annoying.

aha! So he waits until you are DEFENSELESS and then moves in for the kill! rant2

Exactly!

And he wonders why I get PO. :RollieEyes:

B
B
Wow, I step away to eat dinner and a full 5 pages developed before I get back.

It is not that I detest "groping" so much as what the assumption is that goes along with it. When we are in a mutually playful mood, groping is fun. BUT, If H wants SF while I'm doing my same old daily routines, he gropes. He wants SF and that is his way of telling me he is being affectionate, and now can we "get busy?"

If I don't go along with it, or pull away, this bothers him. It's not that I don't want SF, I would just rather have a more genteel way of him broaching the subject on a daily basis.

In my world, daily affection (my kind) can lead to daily SF for both of us. Daily affection (his kind) can lead to irritation. So if his opinion of affection is groping, and it's causing a LB, then it's not appropriate. There is a time and place for everything. You just have to know how to read her clock.

That is the difference.

Me:BS 41
Him:WH 37
Married:18 Years
Together:24 Years
DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BeamMeUp
In my world, daily affection (my kind) can lead to daily SF for both of us. Daily affection (his kind) can lead to irritation.

Girl, you nailed it right there!! hurray

Exposure 101

L
L
Mel:

Sorry, I didn't realize this was the ladies thread...

LG

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation