Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
OP Offline
V
I can't write this, (I'm the WS), but I would really appreciate if someone could bulletpoint a list of what to do, what not to do, how to get it all back and better than ever.

(For a quick recap: my BH and I are working on the major issue of deciding whether he wants to be in the marriage/can recover, so it'd be great if this "magic list" speak to that initial decision that all BS's must make.)

(I know there is no "magic list.")

(I know it's fully his prerogative to leave. Another recap: I don't want that. I want him and our marriage and how good it can be.)

(I'm done now.)

As always, I appreciate any advice, insight, help. smile

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
B
B
There's no "recipe" to recovery, like you're asking for. A good book for both of you to read, however, is "Surviving An Affair".

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

J
J
Another good one is "Torn Asunder" by David Carder.

It has insights for both the BS and the WS.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

M
M
Learn to meet eachother's ENs. Hit your target every time.

Eliminate LBs.

Be transparent.

Be open and honest. Radically honest.

Spend 15+ hours together meeting eachother's ENs.

Learn the fine art of POJA. It is priceless in R. Learn how to negotiate effectively.

Protect eachother and your M.

Avoid situations that expose your weaknesses.

Only allow your S to meet your top ENs.

Allow time to pass as you do the things that made you fall in love in the first place.

I'm sure I missed some, but ths is a start. This is a general list for both spouses. If you want specifics for either a WS or a BS, there will be differences for early R.

Last edited by MicheleG; 12/11/08 11:12 PM.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
V
OP Offline
V
Hi all -

Thanks for the responses. Sorry for getting back to this so late - internet was out for a couple days. Back now!

I will look into those books you guys recommended - our therapist didn't have much to go on, and we've been through HSHN and SAA, so it will be nice to add a few more to our literary resources.

I suppose I keep harping on the same idea (about how my BH goes about making the leap back into the M) because I know other people here have done it, and I wonder if there are particular insights or ways of saying how they reached their decision/their R process that would help.

I think it's also because, while I will fully acknowledge that I gave my BH every right to walk away, I want to be able to make him happy and finally give him the M he deserves. I know the logic is skewed, that I caused this pain and so why should I be the one to think I can fix it? I think it's more that I want him happy, and feel like giving our M the TLC the Harleys prescribe could do that.

And, don't forget: it's also because I want him as my H, for the rest of my life.

Thanks smile

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
O
O
wonder what made you come back to your husband.

If i were your hubby, i would rip open everything to understand what caused this affair. And you would want him too. You may want to add this to his checklist.

Last edited by optin1; 12/15/08 12:59 PM.
C
C
Each of you try to have an understanding heart. Try to understand without judging.
Cherished

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mature), 468 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation