Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
Darn, I like both teachers and nurses!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
B
B
I've noticed this too.

I recently dated a teacher. I'm now talking to a nurse and a cardiac ultrasound tech that used to be a teacher, lol!

I don't know if this is because of the work schedules or it's just because those are the lines of work that a majority of women tend to go to.

Probably both

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
S
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun
Probably both

I think so too.

A
A
That's funny because most of the men online I come across are Law Enforcement...Police, Correction Officers etc. and Factory workers.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
R
R
Mine: two in-between jobs, one considering retirement & one who says he is on the downward jobwise.

I reckon these people have a lot of time on their hands.

B
B
Originally Posted by RuffledNOT
Mine: two in-between jobs, one considering retirement & one who says he is on the downward jobwise.

I reckon these people have a lot of time on their hands.

No wonder I'm gettin bombarded by women. My online profile has a picture of me at my desk. rotflmao

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
A
A
LOL @ Betrayed!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I also get a lot of police officers. And people that are "going to school" except that their profile says that they are employed... I stopped my online dating a few months ago. I did not have much luck, but I was in a different place, not looking for M, and a lot of men seemed to want an instant R.

I was seeing someone for a few months, we did not have a lot of time to see each other, but we did when we could. It suddenly occurred to me that I REALLY, REALLY liked him, and I thought the feeling was mutual. I saw him earlier in the week, and we were talking, and he told me that he feels that sometimes I am "emotionally unavailable". Which I found kind of shocking, I asked him why, and he said that I had said it myself... Background. I had asked him if he thought I was, he said no... and all of a sudden, I was. So I put myself out there, and told him that I really liked him a lot, he told me that he liked me too. I told him all the things I liked about him, he said he liked me like that too. AS A FRIEND. I was like .... WHOA! He is all affectionate with me, we were intimate, and now... I am just a FRIEND. My heart just dropped. I said, "a friend, huh? That's it?" and he quickly said, "A really close friend." I looked at him, and said, "A friend?"

He then went on to say that we are in two different places in our lives, he is not ready to have a ready made family, on and on.... I stood there, my sails deflated.

So, I told him that I had to leave, and that he would not be hearing from me anymore. I wanted to burst into tears. But, I held it in. He thought I was kidding. I told him no, I wasn't, I liked him a lot more than a friend, and that since it was not mutual, it would not be fair to me to stay or talk with him anymore.

He tried to talk me out of it saying that he would be in touch, I told him no, it would be mean to me. It would just get my hopes up, and I did not want that. He told me that he really liked me, liked talking to me, liked being with me, we could just be friends, really good friends. (he was not talking friends with "benefits"). I told him that I had enough friends in my life, and I really did not have anymore room for just friends. He looked sad, told me he understood. He got up, hugged me, I hugged him, and told him he was a great guy, he told me I was a great woman, we kissed. Then he told me that if I ever, EVER needed anything that I could call him... if my car broke down, if I needed to talk, anything. I told him thanks, through teary eyes, but I would not call him. And I left.

I cried the entire way home (25 mins) called one of my friends, cried more... cried and cried.

I really liked him, and I really trusted him. Completely. And I do not just trust people like that. So I am sad. I know it is for the best, to end it now, rather than later. And it makes me sad that it was not mutual, I really thought it was.

But, my life is filled with family and friends who love and care about me. Even people that do not know me well... the day after it happened, I had to shovel, and I was sad, went outside, and my neighbor came over with his snow blower, and took care of my driveway, he told me to go inside. Which warmed my heart. The next day, I got a phone call or text from all my friends and family, asking how I was.

I am loved, and I am grateful. smile

I had recently stopped talking to other guys that I was seeing, casually, and now my one main guy is gone. I told my brother that, and he said, "well, you are just doing your end of year clean-up. Nothing wrong with that." LOL! laugh It was an interesting way to look at it.

S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, the new year has started, and all is well on my end!

The last I heard from the one guy that I liked a lot was on Christmas, got a text saying "Merry Christmas" I replied, "you too!" On NYD, feeling a little sappy I texted him, "Happy New Year!" Only to get no response. It bummed me out, but it is better that it be over now, than later.

I flit between having a full, full life, that does not have room for anything else, and having a life that I would like to share with someone. I am glad that I do not have any of the R dramas that a lot of people I know... I like my independence. But, I also like having closeness.... I miss that.

I am sure eventually it will all work out. I am doing well, kids are great, job is great, friends are fine... I am lucky... and blessed! hurray

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation