Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Last night I was making changes to our MySpace accounts for Spam control. I figured I'd double check the block on OW page to make sure it was still up. This just brings up a list of blocked users and it shows their profile pictures. Her new profile picture is a picture of MY HUSBAND!!! It just goes to show what type of person she really is - trash.

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
C
C
Not that I'm recommending it, of course, but I remember reading a poster who said they went on FaceBook and posted their own version of information about OW. I believe the OW finally removed the offensive stuff.

F
F
You can notify myspace that she has a picture up of your H without his permission. They will make her take it down.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
Originally Posted by drgnfly
Her new profile picture is a picture of MY HUSBAND!!! It just goes to show what type of person she really is - trash.

UGH! What a wicked thing to do. Her true colors are showing.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by faithful follower
You can notify myspace that she has a picture up of your H without his permission. They will make her take it down.

Thanks! Just sent them a message to remove the pic.

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

M
M
Drgnfly -- no great advice from me, sorry - but i can tell you that i share your myspace pain - my STBXH's OW doesn't have a pic of him (yet) but makes sure her comments on her page are very telling...'had fun last night' - 'have never been happier'...pardon me while i puke

i was very upset about this in the past until i came to the realization that OW must be pretty insecure about her relationship with my H if she finds it neccessary to post such immature drivel. i would try to take the same attitude about your OW posting the picture of your H.

I am satisfied in knowing that she has no idea what she is getting into with her serial-cheating (even on her already!) STD carrying boyfriend. We'll see how long she is 'happy'.

Me 37, H 38
Dated 5 yrs, M 5/2002
15 yo DD
DDay 1 - 9/2002 OW 20 yo relative of H's friend
DDay 2 - 6/5/06- met OW on 2 week business trip, knew for one week - wanted D. A continued via phone/txt through 9/2006
NC Since 10/2006
DDay 3 - 8/2/08 - OW#1 has slithered back into the picture
Plan D
D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Immiture. Insecure. So very true. Thanks for the reminder!

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery

L
L
The down side is she is going to know either or both of you checked her page and that alone should give here satisfaction and a high.

LC

L
L
I wanted to add another thought. As sick and twisted as it is, I would be willing to bet it was a test.

My opinon, from this point forward do not visit anything of hers. Who knows she may even have an ip tracker set up.

LC

Last edited by lifeschoice; 12/09/08 04:42 PM. Reason: typo

M
M
on myspace i don't believe any names come through if you have gone on someone's page...it just lists the number of visits as far as i know?

Me 37, H 38
Dated 5 yrs, M 5/2002
15 yo DD
DDay 1 - 9/2002 OW 20 yo relative of H's friend
DDay 2 - 6/5/06- met OW on 2 week business trip, knew for one week - wanted D. A continued via phone/txt through 9/2006
NC Since 10/2006
DDay 3 - 8/2/08 - OW#1 has slithered back into the picture
Plan D
L
L
I don't personally have a myspace page but have heard of people tracking users. I guess I was mistaken about tracking an ip, but a quick google search gave me sites like this.

http://www.profilesnitch.com/

LC

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I wasn't visiting her site. We have her blocked on both of her sites, and I was updating our security info and the block came up with her pic. It doesn't bring up her page at all.

Neither of us check out her site. We have a block so she can't send us messages and we have internet security set up so we can't open her site at all.

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery

S
S
Hey, how are you?

Are you guys doing OK?

Happily married to HerPapaBear

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sorry it's been a couple days since I've posted. We're doing good. Had a couple rough spots, but we talked through them. You know how it is - a little detail comes out and gives a drop-kick to the stomach. It's hard because I know that knowing all the details won't help anything, but at the same time my imagination runs rampant without the details to hold it in place. Skald has been doing great at helping me through the rought spots though. We've been talking more than we have in a long time. We forgot how much fun it is to just gab about anything with each other.

I did send the message to MySpace from skald's account to have the pic of him removed from her site. Neither of us are looking at her site, so we don't know if it worked or not. I do have to admit that it makes me laugh now. By doing that, she showed him her true colors and is making him more disgusted with her at every turn. She's grasping at straws and using all the wrong ones.

We aren't going to head down to Appleton tomorrow to do our Christmas shopping before picking up the parents Sunday. The thought of taking our very active toddler into an extremely busy shopping mall just before Christmas sounds terrifying. BUT, she is going to spend the night at his parents tonight and tomorrow we're going to do some shopping just the two of us locally. Then Sunday morning we'll all drive down to pick up my parents! I'm excited to see them.

It's a good sign that we're making plans with friends to go see a Neal McCoy concert next month! We're extending further than day-to-day and making some fun plans for the future. We're both very excited about that.

Yesterday was our DD first school Christmas Program! She did awesome! I'm so glad Skald was around to see it.

:MerryChristmas:

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery

S
S
Remember you're in it for the long haul...don't have to hash everything all out now...don't always have to talk about everything as it comes up...you've got time!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I went to lunch with DD, Mom, and Aunt today. Just as we were getting ready to go, OW came in with her brother and his girlfriend. I didn't expect to react so violently to seeing her so close. My main concern was that my DD would go running to her, so I had to distract her while I walked right past OW's table. I'm still shaking! I really didn't expect it to be this bad for me. At least I didn't have the urge to punch her face in like I did for a while. I know that this is the first of many occasions like this. I hope it will eventually get easier. I am thankful that Skald wasn't with me. That really would have been awkward. sigh

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery

P
P
How unfortunate.

Think of OW as a bug - a pest - not something bigger than you but smaller and very annoying....

shoo her off next time you run into her

I mean this LITERALLY

say "Shoo" and wave her away as you leave.

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
rotflmao

Thank you for the advice! The look on her face would be priceless!

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery

P
P
Originally Posted by drgnfly
rotflmao

Thank you for the advice! The look on her face would be priceless!

and if DD4 makes any move toward OW say to DD4:

"Honey. OW has bugs and I don't want you to catch anything. Stay away from OW."

children understand when someone has bugs

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I opened up WH's old hotmail account and found this unread message from OW from 11/20/08:

ok i can take a hint....i can see you and i are done forever, but i really need to tell you something, not something i can deal with myself, involves both of us, so please call me when you can......dont just ignore this, not fair to me

This email was from before he made those calls over the week of Thanksgiving, and she never mentioned anything during those calls that would relate to this email. Do you think it was just another ploy to get him to contact her or is it something I need to be worried about? I want to believe that he's telling me the truth and there isn't anything to this, but trust is still a major issue right now.

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation