Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by katbthatis
Thanks for the brutal honesty. Was I looking for a answer to fix my problem no. Was I looking for you to tell me it was okay no. What I wanted was a way to look at this from the outside. My husband gave the site information.

I apologize for not believing you. I don't think a fogged active wayward shows up here unprovoked.

So for to say that my affair was okay was not my intentions. I know that my affair was not fair nor just to anyone. I'm not a druggy or a junkie.

You should think of yourself as one for the purposes of this affair process.

Nor do I expect that in the long run anything will come of my marriage or the one that I just made stronger for him and his wife. She called me today, we talked she wanted to know what we did that she didn't.Instead of taking the easy way out I told her the truth.

You're a peach. It was the second worst conversation of her life, I assure you.

Look, you are going to catch a lot of attitude here because 90 percent of us are gutted betrayed spouses, or were. If your husband is interested he should post here, because he is the one that is going to have to tote the water and he should know what he is in for if he decides to try and reconcile.

From your first post you are flopping around trying to keep both men in your life, which is typical.

What you have to do is never see, text, speak, phone, wave at a store, pass messages through a friend, or any other communication with your boyfriend, for life, up to and including staying the f away from his funeral.

Your husband should know that if you won't immediately commit to that, including job change or moving out of state, it will be less heartache for him to pack your stuff and dump it at the OM's house tonight. The OMW should be told that as well, since you are both totally untrustworthy of the medium future.

Again, my advice is send your husband here. He is the one that needs an education.

R
R
Originally Posted by katbthatis
Was I looking for a answer to fix my problem no. Was I looking for you to tell me it was okay no. What I wanted was a way to look at this from the outside. My husband gave the site information. So for to say that my affair was okay was not my intentions. I know that my affair was not fair nor just to anyone. I'm not a druggy or a junkie. I was looking for advise and help with my situation.
HUH?

I read what you wrote above and I'm getting conflicting messages.

So, you do OR don't want advice????

Or, could it be you don't like what we're saying and you only want advice you want to hear or like. Could that be it?

BTW: For someone in the throes of adultery its very typical to be so foggy in ones thinking.

Jo

Z
Z
I'm no experet. But, I think you should get therapy to see if , perhaps, you have some sort of mental illness or personality disorder that is amenable to treatment.
I feel you should be completely honest with your husband both about this affair and any others that you have had.
If you have remorse, show it and commit to do whatever it takes to try to repair your marriage.
If you are not remorseful and feel you were justified or did nothing wrong or that there is anything positive about your cheating, let your husband know. The, he can make an honest assessment of whether it makes sense to try to an fix things or whether it is best for him to move on.
Get STD testing if you've had sex with this guy.
MAin thing is be honest with your husband about what you did and how you feel about it.He needs to know who he is dealing with.

S
S
Mel -
Thanks for a great response! i agree totally and couldnt have said it better.

Kat - You need to see that what you are doing in having an affair while married is not living your life with integrity or anything positive. If you feel that your marriage is not working for you - you need to end your marriage BEFORE you get involved with another person.

Having an affair is ABUSE - plain and simple. YOU ARE ABUSING YOUR HUSBAND BY CHEATING ON HIM.

Only a selfish person who has no empathy for another human being, no less a person you made a VOW to honor. love and protect forsaking ALL others; could have an affair.

YOU need to look deep inside YOURSELF and see what is wrong with you. It is not your HUSBAND; it is not the OTHER MAN ; it is YOU.

See what part of you is so desperate to be loved, that you will become dishonest and a person without integrity.
You need to learn to love yourself and not look for it in the arms of another person.
Start by reading - anything that will teach you to love yourself. Try Louse Hay books.
You will regret any more negative actions that you take in your life, that you will not be able to change later.
STOP NOW AND REASSESS WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

SF

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.
K
OP Offline
K
You know I beat myself up enough about this so then you have you people that are beating me up too? What is up with that I was asking for advise and you treat me like a lepper! No wonder you are all single or divorced GOOD BYE!

R
R
Please email the mods if you want to continue your discussion. Until then, we will lock the thread.

Thanks, Revera

Revera01@aol.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation