Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Everything is fairly quiet at my house so far. I have never liked going out for NYE, too much money, too many drunk drivers, too much frenzy.

So for the last 15 years or so, I have watched friends and neighbors kids so that they can go out. Tonight I have 8 little ones here, from 3 months to 6 years old. A teen neighbor is helping me.

They are watching videos, and we have snacks. Later at midnight, noisemakers. And there are always some that last till midnight - last year it included a 2 year old boy!

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
Babysitting my 1 1/2 yr old grandson. It's 9:00 and he's asleep. Grandma's not far behind. smile


Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
*********************
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,390
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,390
Well, I'm on here so that should tell you something. Watched a little TV, and now I'm thinking about going to bed.

I'm so pathetic....



BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 982
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 982
I am home with my three boys and H as usual. We are fortunate that our oldest is home from university. He goes back tomorrow as he is on the wrestling team and is expected back on campus for the 1/2/09 am practise.

We had lobster and then a friend of the oldest has stopped by to spend time with him before he leaves.

We will have fortunes floating in water in walnut havlves with candles in a little bit.

In years past, I have made luminaries for outside but not this year. We have also frequently made a fire pit. I guess we are getting old. Hopefully the boys will carry on the fire tradition. I guess I am a pyromaniac at heart; We have also placed candles on the christmas tree in years past. I love that flicker. A couple years we made a fire pit by a creek with luminaries on the bank of the creek==very special.


Lake
BW-53
FWH-54
H had EA 3 weeks 06
Married 1977

N C 4-10-06
3 DSs
In Recovery
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
Drinking a glass or two of port, floating around the MB forum, cranking some music on the stereo, avoiding my FWW who's gone hostile on me (again) and plotting my fantasy escape from this mess of an M.

Yup, that about covers it...





ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
Considering turning in....I went to a bowl game this afternoon. My team won!!!

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
LOL. In years past, I used to party. But now I can hardly make it till midnight. So far, looks like I will, but I remember last year, where the 2 year old in the playpen was still up at midnight.

We are going to make NYE hats soon.

Usually they drop off one by one and in the morning we have a big breakfast.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,116
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,116
I'm depressed. First time in 30 years I won't be with WS. How can this be happening? And I can't but think about him and her together tonight. Makes me cry.


M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,553
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,553
We are just hanging out here at home. No drinking tonight since Ike has an early morning (plus I'm giving it up for awhile). The girls are currently watching some Disney special, Ike is playing a game in the living room and I am cuddling the baby in the LR while looking at a few things on the internet. I'm getting off here after posting this so I can get the little man to bed. If the girls are still awake, we will have them come down a little before midnight so we can all be together when 2009 rolls in.

Good times smile

p.s. I'm having to fight sleep, though! If I had my way, I'd be cuddling in bed, resting my weary head.


You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,390
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,390
Holyheart,

So sorry for you. Many of us will be here tonight, so just kkep posting to get through this.


BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,553
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,553
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
avoiding my FWW who's gone hostile on me (again) and plotting my fantasy escape from this mess of an M.

Sorry to hear that MiM.


You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,245
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,245
We've had a party every year for the last 5 years, but every year fewer and fewer people come. I really don't want to know why. Actually, this year I've been sick, so I only handed out invitations 2 days ago, so that might be a reason, lol. So I'm sitting in the bedroom after taking a shower, while H talks to our friend who came over, and I'm drinking some wine and petting my favorite cat. Watching Yard Crashers (I love that show!). Just don't know what I'm gonna do with all the food no one is here to eat, not to mention the two lasagnas and the turkey H is cooking...

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,116
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,116
Thanks, ChaiLover.
I've been on the rollercoster for a year now and I'm just drained. Hits me hard especially tonight when I think back at all the other New Year's Eve nights.


M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,931
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,931
Well the kids have all gone to parties, I used to love to do that.

It use to be 'how much could we drink' but now it seems 'how much can we eat'

I'm alone tonight, sipping on a rye and ginger, house is totally quiet, the dogs are settled and I'm trying to do some housework.....incredibly boring

My party hat goes off to you believer, what a wonderful gesture to watch other's children on this nite. I remember what a pain it was to get a sitter on New Year's eve.
You had to book in Sept. and pay a horrid price.

It's funny how reading so many threads, so many posts, you feel like you know the people attached to silly and weird names..... I feel safe here.


M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA


Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
Originally Posted by Verve
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
avoiding my FWW who's gone hostile on me (again) and plotting my fantasy escape from this mess of an M.

Sorry to hear that MiM.

Thanks Verve. Midnight passed, and she spent the time on the computer working on accounts on for our residents' association. Not a peep from her. I wished my DDs a happy new year. She continued working on the PC. Really pissed off by that time, I made a comment to my DDs that apparently my FWW prefers to work on the PC than join in the wishes, and she responds, saying she's doing that work on the PC for me. Yeah, right. I know avoidance when I see it, and her lying and dishonesty only made it worse.

This all started because earlier this night I made the *slightest* of suggestions that I was frustrated over the lack of SF, and she immediately starts on the "all I am to you is a sex object" line. We must've had SF about once a week on average for the year (way less than what we agreed to), and certainly a lot less over the past few months. In fact, I'm not even that interested in having it with her these days, because she just does not seem that interested in me anymore and I'm really not that attracted as I used to be - the idea of trying to enjoy SF with someone who's indifferent to it doesn't really interest me. But yet, I suggest that I'm frustrated over the lack of SF and that makes her a sex object.

I'm tired, I really am. And I can't take much more of this crap anymore.


Last edited by ManInMotion; 12/31/08 11:58 PM.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,245
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,245
MiM, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry it's gotten to that point for you. Better times ahead? Somehow?

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,643
Q
Member
Member
Q Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,643
Quote
I'm depressed. First time in 30 years I won't be with WS. How can this be happening? And I can't but think about him and her together tonight. Makes me cry.
Holy, I am so sorry you are in pain tonight. I remembered my first new year without WH and I just simply didn't want to feel or even be here. Fortunately, the day comes and goes....

It's my 25th anniversay on New Years' my 2nd without H and I'm sad too. It's almost midnight and each year we wished each other a happy new year along with happy anniversary. 25 years ago tonight, my fiance turned down going out with his friends because he didn't want to be hung over for his wedding day. WOW.... 25 years later... flew by so fast. He lies asleep holding someone else... and I continue my prayers that one day....... faint

One day.... we will be healed and somehow recovered and better for it.


BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,116
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,116
Oh, Queenie,
You are the Queen for walking in faith, standing up for your marriage, and helping others. Your WH is as crazy as mine and the rest who have chosen a life of sin with a desperate OW. How can your WH give up a beautiful, caring and loving Queen of hearts like you? His loss. Let's hope our WHs are getting in a major fight with the OW tonight. It will not last!!!


M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0