Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
Karma, justice, perverse satisfaction, whatever you want to call it...would knowing the OP's life is miserable help with a BS's recovery? One of Krazy's post made me wonder if most BH's think that WHs get off with a slap on the wrist compared to WWs. I've seen other comments that stories of AO from BHs make men laugh and women cringe. Don't think that is true as I usually LMAO because either party would deserve it. While I don't want OW's blood, I do take some satisfaction in knowing OWH's slapped the smirk off of OW's face HARD and she was a frickening basketcase for awhile. How much is enough before a BS is satisfied and can let the thoughts of revenge go? Will it ever be enough?


BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Revenge or justice? Doesn't everyone celebrate JUSTICE? I DO. When someone has cruelly harmed another, it gives me a sense of satisfaction to see justice served. When OJ was just convicted of his crime, I felt a sense of satisifaction at seeing justice served.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
People who do bad things should suffer for it. The problem comes in when people never suffer any consequences for their crimes. Suffering motivates CHANGE.

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. Proverbs 21:15


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,455
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,455
One day they will have to answer to God. That says it all.


Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
Understood but there can be a fine line and when the line can get blurred in moments of anger. I agree that every BS deserves justice.


BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by black_raven
Understood but there can be a fine line and when the line can get blurred in moments of anger. I agree that every BS deserves justice.

Yes, decent people become angry at injustice. That is a sign of decency.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,639
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,639
It sure helps me to know that POS OW's life is a mess. hurray I also believe karma will continue to bite her in the [censored].

Let's see, she's divorced twice, has three kids, doesn't have custody of any of them. Looking up her public info showed that she moved 20+ times in one town over the course of a year (obviously running from something/someone). FWH said she evidently lives off men, which seems to be the case from what I can tell - she had a long-distance boyfriend when she was involved in the EA with my H. She moved out to Texas to be with him and a couple days later that big hurricane hit the Galveston area. Plus there's what I did with the mostly-naked pic of herself she sent to my FWH.

Yup. Makes me very happy to know she's getting what she deserves, and more.


Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10


Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
Originally Posted by hope3343
One day they will have to answer to God. That says it all.

Yes they will but some justice delivered on here on Earth would be appropriate as well.

Is that enough for you? It wasn't for me. I wanted to know OW's had suffered consequences vs just hoping she did. The knowledge is one reason I find myself thinking of her less and less every day.


BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
Originally Posted by black_raven
Karma, justice, perverse satisfaction, whatever you want to call it...would knowing the OP's life is miserable help with a BS's recovery?

Oh yeah... I'm waiting on the Karma Bus to hit my WW's OM. It seems to be taken the long route...




ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
Originally Posted by broken_soul
Plus there's what I did with the mostly-naked pic of herself she sent to my FWH.

LOL I can just imagine. Say cheese! grin

Quote
Yup. Makes me very happy to know she's getting what she deserves, and more.

OW and FWH both underestimated the BSs reactions to their A. I don't know why they were so surprised. crazy


BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Now I feel terrible. My dear husband (who was a OM) is living a good life and is very happy. Should I be waiting for the karma bus to knock him down? dontknow

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Now I feel terrible. My dear husband (who was a OM) is living a good life and is very happy. Should I be waiting for the karma bus to knock him down? dontknow

Your H is a remorseful OM, isn't he?

My FWW's OM isn't. In fact, I'm pretty sure he partly staged the A to get her job. I sorely regret not exposing the A at their office when I found out - that might have been the ticket to get that Karma Bus to come around earlier. Exposing now would just be petty and vindictive.



ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
Your H is a remorseful OM, isn't he?

The issue of remorse was not mentioned by the original poster....

Quote
Karma, justice, perverse satisfaction, whatever you want to call it...would knowing the OP's life is miserable help with a BS's recovery?

My husband is anything BUT miserable .... and furthermore , I no longer wish OW misery.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/06/09 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling nazi
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,531
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,531
One should not base one's own happiness on the fortunes or misfortunes of others, regardless of how much they deserve it.

That said, I relish even small indignities suffered by the OW. For example, when gas prices were high and she was having to commute in Wstbx's truck.

But I'm a terrible person so what can I say.

And remorse has nothing to do with it. I will never accept an apology from OW, nor would I ever believe it to have an ounce of sincerity even if it did, which is impossible since she is Evil Incarnate. But again, that's just me.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
I believe that justice has been served with any OP who has shown remorse and made amends. That IS justice...


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,531
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,531
You are probably right but for me, any attempt of hers to contact me would just hurt me more. Perhaps the real justice is (would be if it ever happened) in her inability to make amends.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,058
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,058
I wish OM no ill will.

I know that one day he will get just what he deserves.

He's had a string of affairs over the years including a few with married women since NC was established with my wife.

His wife left him and refuses to file for divorce.

His children hardly speak to him.

He only sees his grandchildren when he is allowed to by his children.

He drinks himself to sleep alone almost every night.


He's a real piece of work...

One day he will have to give account for what he has done.

I honestly hope that he will learn and understand and become repentant before that day...

But I doubt it...

Mark

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,144
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,144
b_s,

Sounds like your OW ended up in much worse shape than mine, but I do admit to feeling deep satisfaction when I saw her shortly after my H ended the A. She looked awful. Face full of pain and strain. Much like I looked in the early weeks after I discovered she was brazenly trying to steal my H, and looking quite triumphant about it.

Realized too that she was probably getting triggerd by seeing cars that looked like his, driving past places they had gone together...the whole nine yards.

That's the moment I realized SHE didn't get off scott free.

Difference between her and me was that SHE deserved every bit of it.

RHW


Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
My FWH is remorseful but I can't blame OWH for wishing him ill if he still does. There's even a part of me that wants my own FWH to feel the twinges of pain for the rest of his life so that he NEVER forgets how much he hurt people. At some point, hopefully OWH won't care because he will have better things going on in his life than what a dirt bag my H was.

OW was never remorseful to me or her BH and if she ever is I wouldn't care.



BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
... that might have been the ticket to get that Karma Bus to come around earlier.

Was OM married? If so, don't count out the bus his W probably drove over him. My H still has some tire marks on him.


BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0