Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I've been with the woman that I love for 18 years have never had an affair. W just stepped out of our marriage for the first time on the internet she is pushing hard for for D I feel confident that I can over come the affair because of the person that I know she is. That being said 6 months ago if you told her that this was going to happen you would have never heard the end of it. I've been a husband who works alot and sometimes is out of town. I've never had any real trust issues. I know our core beliefs and morals are the same. I have failed in her walk with god as her husband. I see that and am working on that. The timing is bad but the walk is real. She wants a d and swears that the affair is over. She has a chatting problem and said it's over as well. We have a wonderful child that is a result of our love for one another. We are 2 very different people that have very different rec habits I'm tring to close the gap on that. She is so deep into my life and doesn't understand that if we D I'll leave on a personal journey for myself and leave her to continue to raise our child without me. I don't want to leave but 2 of her family members Don't d they trade in.5 times total. In my eye's everything that has been done is able to be repaired and she doesn't. We are soon to have she says is the resolution talk and I'm issisting on someone else being there to prevent conflict and to translate she won't even step into a church without becoming angry with me. I know it's alot to ask and any advice would be considered thank you for your time.

40yrs old father new to christ' marriage of 18 years, in love and wife is not and had an affair online since october found out on chirstmas eve.
S
S
If I'm reading your thread correctly, are you saying that you'll abandon your child for this "personal journey"? Your wife probably already feels very alone. You said you work alot and travel a bit. If you're not (or haven't been) there to meet her emotional needs, no wonder she's looked elsewhere. It takes two to argue. You know her "buttons" as much as she knows yours. That's not communication, that's playing a card game...let's see what hand I should play next to win.
As far as Church and your spiritual relationship...are you "walking the walk" or just "talking the talk"? Often times, and I speak from experience, people use spiritual beliefs only when it benefits them. This makes the significant other resentful of the whole spiritual relationship.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation