Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2191129 01/11/09 03:56 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I am in a strange situation. I left a mentally controlling/mentally abusive relationship. I am getting ready to file for either a dissolution or a divorce. My husband has agreed to everything although he does not want either. He says God has told him to give me what I want because I will come back to him eventually he believes. I am involved with a battered women's shelter and receiving counseling due to the abuse issues. To go into details would take too long.

I have been advised to not talk to my husband any longer because he is not stable. This advise comes from family, friends, and counselors. However he is very persistent with phone calls and coming to my home. Sometimes it is easier just to talk to him instead of making him leave and seeing the hurt or anger especially since things have not been finalized. When I don't answer the door and pretend I am not home he goes to the extent of ringing the door bell many times and banging on windows. This has occurred as late as 2 am. My friends have told me to call the police for harassment but I would feel guilty.

I don't know what to do. He sounds so reasonable and then says things so off the wall. I am hoping that once things are finalized he will back off and realize that it really is over. I don't encourage him. I tell him every time we talk that there is no going back because I can't. Our marriage ended when the mental abuse turned into a knife being pulled on me. That I can't toleratel. So do I stop talking altogether and call the police even though he isn't threatening me just wanting to talk?? That just seems extreme. He is just sick.

CeeCee

S
S
In the most polite way possible, tell him that you would like for him to stop calling, texting and DO NOT come by your residence period! This situation has shown by pulling a knife on you that there is the potential of harm to you. If he really believes "God" told him to give you what you want...he needs to show it. Banging on your window/door at 2am is unacceptable and you MUST call the police if it happens again. You didn't mention children...do the two of you have any?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation