Two days before my 24th wedding anniversary (3/1/2008), I found out my 61 year old husband had been involved with a 25 yof who is known for drug abuse and prostitution. The strange thing is he had asked me to allow this girl to live with us two years ago in order to help her get her life straight. I agreed because I thughtit was the right thing to do. I spoke to her parents and no indication was given that their relationship was more than just a young girl who looked to my husband as a father figure. She lived in our home and I tried to be a role model for this girl. She has two small children and I wanted to see her straighten out her life. The revelation came when one of my husband's friends told me this young girl and my husband had been sexually involved for about 3 years. The only reason the friend told me was because the girl had tested positive for hepatitis c and he feared for my health. I confronted my husband with what I had learned and he denied it again and again. He still denies it a year later even though I have pictures that he took that proves the affair. She has his name tatooed on her stomach. I believe he is co-dependent as he has personality traits that match the classic profile. Can someone help me to understand what happened, why he did this? Once he realized it was over, he never even tried to show remorse or apologize. I am so confused and hurt that I am having a difficult time coping. I am a Christian and believe God will lead me through this but I am looking for something to help me understand why? Thank you.

BTW I filed for divorce and I hope it will be final soon. He has stalled as much as possible to try to wear me down so I will give in to alimony or part of my retirement. I still love him but can never trust him again.

Last edited by vaworker; 01/12/09 11:47 PM. Reason: add comments