Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
I've gotten a lot of bashing because we still live across from OW, although I'm trying hard to get my H to see that I need to move.

Anyway, from what I've heard on MB you can't recovery without moving.

question then, are you also saying the OW isn't recovering either???

To me it looks like they are so I'm just wondering if it's me or is it possible to recover in our living situation.

They renewed there wedding vows and she just had baby #4 this is baby #2 since A ended 2 yrs 8 mo ago.

Just courious???


My H's A lasted 7 mo with still neighbor and was friend (so called).
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 2,621
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 2,621
Who's baby?


"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by butterfly333
I've gotten a lot of bashing because we still live across from OW, although I'm trying hard to get my H to see that I need to move.

Telling you that you can't get to San Diego by traveling EAST is not "bashing," butterfly. You say that you want to recover your marriage so we are telling you how to get there. That is not "bashing."


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Person A: I want to go to San Diego, directions please!

Person B: you go 800 miles WEST on Hwy 66, turn left at the Pacific Ocean

A: but I can't go west!! It is too hard, I don't have enough money to go that far!

B: ok, but if you want to get to San Diego, you have to go 800 miles WEST

a while later.......

A: I don't understand why I'm not getting to San Diego!!

B: Ma'am, you are on the WRONG ROAD headed in the wrong direction

A: you are so mean!! Why can't you be supportive!??

crazy


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23


I'm asking the question in general. This is the general forum, isn't it??

I'm not just referring to my situation.

I've heard it on several other web sites as well, that you can't recover when you live this close to the OP.

So are you all saying neither party can recover???

By the way her babies are with her H.



My H's A lasted 7 mo with still neighbor and was friend (so called).
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,058
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,058
Do you FEEL like you are recovered or even recovering?

Mark

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Here are her other threads, Mark:

here and here


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Mark1952- I know I'm struggling, I have many ups and downs but the question I was asking was just asking in general.

I was just courious because like I said, I read on many sites that you can't recover when you constantly have reminders of the OP.

So just a thought I had, can either party recover when they live this close or even work with the OP???

This wasn't a question about me specifically.


My H's A lasted 7 mo with still neighbor and was friend (so called).

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0