Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Another question begs... after A (or serious destrustion to relationship..)

Who is leading/innitiated the recovery process?

WS or BS. ahhh. another thread

Last edited by barbiecat; 05/18/10 08:49 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
S
S
Originally Posted by barbiecat
I forgot about this one!

So what are the averages? Lets see...

With the exception of Mark and rwinger (forgive- I do not know if your BS/WS)

With 17 recorded
The stats are: RELATIONSHIP CHASER
WS = 10
BS = 5
50/50 = 2

Weird, Huh? think

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
And from what I understand, WH chased OW too....Ughhhh!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
The FOW was the chaser of my FWH too, he has never been a chaser only a chasee.

And I am definitely the one leading the recovery effort too.....

M
M
I'd say it was 50/50 when we were dating...then we broke up for a year and dated other people. At that point, FWH became the "chaser" and asked me to marry him almost immediately after getting back together. I wasn't interested but he persisted until I agreed...about 3 days later. wink

Originally Posted by barbiecat
Another question begs... after A (or serious destrustion to relationship..)

Who is leading/innitiated the recovery process?

WS or BS. ahhh. another thread

We've taken turns. It's been him for the past 1.5 years.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
S
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
The FOW was the chaser of my FWH too, he has never been a chaser only a chasee.

And I am definitely the one leading the recovery effort too.....

I think there is something to all this. think

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
I chased my wife half way across the country before she caught me.

S
S
Originally Posted by Mark1952

Oh, you are so darn cute, Mark. stickout

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
In my case, we seemed to have taken turns doing the chasing.

Plan B has put a halt to my chasing in this phase though.

Last edited by ChaiLover; 05/18/10 04:28 PM.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
J
J
hi,
BS here, my WH did the chasing in the beginning.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
N
N
I did a lot of the chasing - it was the few rare times that I backed off that WH chased me.

I sort of regret chasing him so hard now - I wonder if that would have made him cherish me more...

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

That's the story I have told people for almost 37 years, Still. My wife and I dated briefly when she was still in HS and I was living next door to where she was a waitress. She moved 750 miles away to live with her mother for her last year of school and I didn't hear a word from her for a year.

One day I ran into her twin sister and her husband at a friend's house and asked about her. About a month later I got a letter in the mail and had just quit my job that morning and was planning to travel to NY to visit a friend who had moved there about two months earlier.

In the letter she included her phone number and I called and talked to her for about 20 minutes. Then I packed up and set out (hitchhiking I might add) to visit Louie in NY. As I got closer to Pennsylvania, I began thinking about stopping to visit her "on the way" to see Louie. 17 hours after I talked to her I called her from a pay phone in her town and she came and picked me up. I intended to stay a night, asking her mother and step father to let me pitch my tent in the backyard and be on my way in the morning. Instead, we went to her church where they had a guest lecturer for the week and I heard every lecture he gave.

Never made it to NY and haven't been able to find Louie since.

I realized I was in love with her during that visit to her step father's house. We had just returned from the church and were walking around in his garden. She was walking along a low garden wall and when we got to the end of it, I put my hands on her waste and helped her down. We looked at each other and I thought, "Wow, I think I love this girl..."

6 weeks later, she moved back to her father's house in Illinois, we dated, married when her father was planning to remarry and move about 75 miles away (he and his new wife married one morning on the base at Fort Sheridan and then drove to our wedding that afternoon)and the rest, as they say is history. That was 1973...It will be 37 years in August since we got married. I had just turned 21 and she was not quite 18.

Our wedding was pretty small at the church where her family attended before her parents' divorce. The pastor who performed our wedding later founded the church where I have been an elder for about 15 years and we lived in a small apartment in the town where we have lived for the last 23+ years though we lived in several other places over the years.

I literally hitchhiked halfway across the country to fall in love with her...

Mark

S
S
Originally Posted by NewPetals
I did a lot of the chasing - it was the few rare times that I backed off that WH chased me.

I sort of regret chasing him so hard now - I wonder if that would have made him cherish me more...

No...My WH practically stalked me and then tossed me aside like a piece of trash for OW...All waynerds have just lost their minds.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

That's the story I have told people for almost 37 years, Still. My wife and I dated briefly when she was still in HS and I was living next door to where she was a waitress. She moved 750 miles away to live with her mother for her last year of school and I didn't hear a word from her for a year.

One day I ran into her twin sister and her husband at a friend's house and asked about her. About a month later I got a letter in the mail and had just quit my job that morning and was planning to travel to NY to visit a friend who had moved there about two months earlier.

In the letter she included her phone number and I called and talked to her for about 20 minutes. Then I packed up and set out (hitchhiking I might add) to visit Louie in NY. As I got closer to Pennsylvania, I began thinking about stopping to visit her "on the way" to see Louie. 17 hours after I talked to her I called her from a pay phone in her town and she came and picked me up. I intended to stay a night, asking her mother and step father to let me pitch my tent in the backyard and be on my way in the morning. Instead, we went to her church where they had a guest lecturer for the week and I heard every lecture he gave.

Never made it to NY and haven't been able to find Louie since.

I realized I was in love with her during that visit to her step father's house. We had just returned from the church and were walking around in his garden. She was walking along a low garden wall and when we got to the end of it, I put my hands on her waste and helped her down. We looked at each other and I thought, "Wow, I think I love this girl..."

6 weeks later, she moved back to her father's house in Illinois, we dated, married when her father was planning to remarry and move about 75 miles away (he and his new wife married one morning on the base at Fort Sheridan and then drove to our wedding that afternoon)and the rest, as they say is history. That was 1973...It will be 37 years in August since we got married. I had just turned 21 and she was not quite 18.

Our wedding was pretty small at the church where her family attended before her parents' divorce. The pastor who performed our wedding later founded the church where I have been an elder for about 15 years and we lived in a small apartment in the town where we have lived for the last 23+ years though we lived in several other places over the years.

I literally hitchhiked halfway across the country to fall in love with her...

Mark

loveheart

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
I guess I would have to say it was WH, although he was really shy so I didn't really know. The first words WH ever said to me were, "I don't talk when I'm hungry." I used to say that was his best pick up line since he got me and then we got married too(I was his first girlfriend). I was "dating" someone when we met. We didn't see each other again for 8 months. We went to a Valentine's day dance, 6 days later he asked me "out." He told me he loved me 30 minutes later. He used to tell me that he didn't have to chase me anymore because he already had me. WELL :P

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
Interesting topic.

I would say initially XH was the chaser.
I met him the old fashioned way -- in a bar (pub) prior to all this online dating. I was on vacation in his country and he had recently moved to this city. We spotted each other across the room and he worked his way over. Ended up spending the next few days together. He chased and it was love (lust) at first sight.

When I came back home I called him initially and with no internet we had a steady stream of letters going across the pond. I returned there 2 months later (he got me ticket) and spend an additional week.

He flew out for Christmas and just never left. We were married that June almost to the day we met one year before.

He left his country (he wanted me to move there), his family and friends and we created a life here.

We worked hard to be together going through immigration to get married and all that goes with it, him taking up the role as a father to DD30, miscarriages, disappointments, birth of our beautiful DD16 -- all that and when it was a time that life should have been good to both of us after 21 years of M...he turned into a wayward.

Of course I am now the one who pursued him because the whole history of our M was rewritten in his mind.
He chased me and he is the one that wanted to get M.

Waywards are stupid.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
OP Offline
B
New STATS:

CHASER:

WS = 13
BS = 6
50/50 = 4

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation