Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
voivod Offline OP
OP Offline
V
i had visited here before about 4 month ago...my wife and i separated because i made a serious mistake with alcohol that led to life changing health problems...my wife took that as an affront to her, which i understand...

now, here we are, a few months down the road, still living apart...still seeing one another and no one else. i'm trying to rebuild trust. it does seem like things are status quo...

we spend most evenings together watching tv or a movie, dinner, recreation...most of the same stuff we were doing when i posted last time around...

we get along wonderfully. now once in awhile i get a "hon" in conversation. that feels good, but how much longer can i expect this to go on?

i'll answer any question about our situation. i just would like to expedite our reconciliation.

B
B
So have you completely stopped drinking? For how long? Going to AA?

V
voivod Offline OP
OP Offline
V
yes...100% sober...no alcohol since may 19th 2008. still going to AA a couple of times per week.

K
K
You do understand of course, all the basic stuff. You know--avoid ice cream with alcohol, avoid food that has alcohol in it.

Someone told me about a friend of theirs who had been feeling terrible because she cooked a dish with wine in it and got a friend of HERS hooked back on alcohol.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
V
voivod Offline OP
OP Offline
V
ice cream i don't eat...but had no idea there was alcohol in any kind of ice cream...never heard of it.

mouthwash is my vice i guess...no i don't drink it...i use it for it's intended purpose...

point that i wanna make here: alcohol (a beer) was the catalyst for my wife's blow-up.

lead issues were jealousy, controlling, irresponsibility.

i am far from hooked on alcohol...no cravings, no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation