Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39
C
C
dance2

B
B
Sadmo,

A good example for other women. Get out there a mix it up!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
S
S
Training ride tomorrow to get ready for the MS150 (180 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin in April). I have my kids, so I'll be pulling them along behind me in their buggy-trailer. The darn thing is like a drag-chute so it's a really good workout. I'm gonna try to get at least 25 miles in, but if it's windy, then I dunno...

"Hippie" Church on Sunday with the GF, and then home to prep the house for a Super Bowl party. I already told the kids the would be having naps on Sunday, no exceptions, no excuses, since they will be up a little late for a school night.

Last edited by Seabird; 01/30/09 05:18 PM.
A
A
Most of our Steeler garb is in place....ie Steeler helmets lights on the porch, Hines Ward flag in the front window, Steeler flag hanging off the front porch. Not to mention our Steeler jerseys and terrible towels, my Hines Ward purse, my daughters Steelers earrings with flashing lights, my son's Steelers face mask. Oh and I ordered the Steelers cake for the party today. grin

Steelers: Here we go

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
GO CARDINALS!!!

S
S
I'm rooting for the Cardinals.

Sorry Rhonda. No self-respecting Texan could -ever- root for the Stealers. Plus, I admire Kurt Warner.

A
A
That's okay!! Someone has to root for the underdog wink

HERE WE GO!!
GO STEELERS!!

Steelers: HERE WE GO!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
This week's YOU TUBE video.

Our group all met up at Big Lazer Creek WMA for a Middle Georgia shoot and wild game BBQ.

One of the fellers was visiting from Germany and he was fascinated by our freedom we have over here. We have things they can only dream of.

The guy hosting the BBQ left early to take care of the meal, so I sent Tabs with him and the other wife there went as well. They would rather prepare the meal than shoot. Worked out well for both of us.

We had bear and deer kabobs and wild hog ribs.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/Shooting/100_0676.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/Shooting/100_0680.jpg

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
S
S
My team is not even playing....so super bowl isn't on my priority this weekend...the girls wanted to get together to go to a special event called stripper bowl...male strippers and football...an ingenious mix....but i have a lot of stuff to do to get ready for the upcoming cat show. you know cage curtains to sew and litter boxes to spray paint gold.

I have become such a domestic housewife in the last year or so....alas those young days went away with my twenties last july....goodbye....saionara...alfedezen.....aloha.

C
C
We were robbed. Those ol' refs gave that game away!!!

And that one stealer, whoever he was, shoulda been tossed outta the game.

A
A
YEA BABY!!! dance2

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
C
C
Allurin', I'm so glad see that you agree the outcome was not incorrectly reported and the game was given to the bigger reputed but undeserving team.

C
C
Get a load of this English girl group!!!
THE PUPPINI SISTERS sing JILTED

S
S
Well, my last weekend did not go as planned at all on Sat. I was SUPPOSED to meet the guy that had left his number on Sat. but my job messed that up. I worked 15 hours that day, and by the time I left, I was in NO MOOD to meet anyone, let alone a prospective man in my life... I had called him earlier in the day and told him that I had to work late, he said he understood, and we are supposed to now go out this Sat. I will NOT let work interfere! LOL....

On Friday after a hellacious day of work, I met up with several of my friends at the bar that I had mentioned earlier. I had went to see on of my best friends play some music at a location close to where I work at before I met everyone, so I was feeling better by the time I got there. When I got there everyone was having a great time, dancing, talking, just enjoying each others company. One of my good friends who is not associated with the group I met also came. We all were having fun. I was in a chatty mood and I was mingling with everyone. I became the designated "beer maid" so I kept going up to the bar to get everyone's drinks. While I was getting their drinks I started a lively light hearted conversation with an attractive man at the bar. He was quite amusing and I made him laugh too. After I was there about an hour, one of the girls in the group told me that she thought he was attractive, I agreed. She told me that she did not want me talking anymore to him. I was kind of surprised and asked her why, if she wanted to talk to him she could. She told me about the "rule" - if one of your gf's tells you that they like someone then you have to stay away from that guy. WHICH in normal cases is fine, but she had never SPOKEN to him! So I told her that she could talk to him, it was fine by me. He was not interested in talking to her though (she went up and tried talking to him). She got upset with me, which was kind of a downer, considering I just wanted to have fun. It was not like I was trying to hook up with him or anything!

She ended up leaving, at which point the rest of us were kind of surprised. I must say I WAS. But we took off where we left off, and I had a good time after that. I just wanted to go out, have fun, mingle. Which I did, which I enjoyed. I went home, got to bed, and was woke up EARLY by work. Work called me several more times, at which point I figured I may as well go in. And then, I had to cancel my Sat. plans.

On Sun. I went to work, and then got my kids. That was about it.

How was everyone else's weekend?

P
P
Today was a pretty good day.

Went up to the airport and worked on my airplane a while. I was required to replace the aileron bushings and operating rod ends.

It was in the 60's and beyond pleasant. Kinda took a big bite out of the winter blues. The North Georgia mountains are always beautiful. I stopped along the way to take some pictures of the Hawks that frequent the area.

My uncle met me there and he supervised my work and we went back to his farm up in the mountains. I diagnosed a problem with his car on the farm and I dug up some turnips. He gave me a package of deer loin to smoke tomorrow.

While at the airport I saw tow pilots that won't be long for this earth.

The first was a helicopter that came in, he came in properly at first, but decided to take his passengers for aerobatic maneuvers in a stiff crosswind only 50 feet from the ground. He had the rotor vertical to the ground as he rotated into the wind. He easily could have over applied the controls and break a linkage, causing a tragedy. His next trick was to land it next to the fuel pump with the fan still turned on and fuel it up with the blades whirling over his head.

The operator of the fuel pump radioed him and asked him not to return to the airport. EVER.

Next smoking crater candidate came in and landed HARD, twice.

We kinda ribbed him about his multiple landings and gave him a little advice on exiting the tricky airport.

This guy had a BAD case of the stoopids. The wind was gusting and variable. We thought he was going to the other end of the runway to make his departure to the south.

Noooo, he taxied down to the halfway point and headed north with only 1200 feet of runway with a mountain directly in his climb out. We could see him panic and with no choice but to drag the plane up the mountainside with it's alarms screaming.

You could actually see the air flowing over his stalled wing as it labored to climb.

He got smart reeeal quick and pointed the nose down and turned toward the tiny gap and just did make it through.

I doubt he will be flying for a while. He needs to have a proctologist find his underwear.

A
A
I doubt he will be flying for a while. He needs to have a proctologist find his underwear.

TOO FUNNY!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
S
S
Pariah - Can you help me to identify a bird of prey that I see all the time? I see them on my solo bike rides up and down the bayous here in Houston. Most of our bayous have hike and bike trails, and roads running along them with a bit of greenbelt easement between the banks and the street.

It's hard for me to judge their size because I always catch them in flight. They have either black or dark brown and white mottled feathers on their undersides; bellies and wings. Their heads are distinctive two-tone. I can't tell if it's mostly dark, with a white section across the face, or if the head is white with a dark stripe. If it's the latter, I guess they might be ospreys? I've looked at pics of ospreys and they just don't look quite right.

They cruise up and down the water way, wheeling around every few miles. It's been dry here for the last several weeks so the bayous are only a few feet deep, and just a few feet across. We're not talking about wide, fast moving rivers - unless there's been recent rain. I'm pretty sure they're fish eaters. I once saw one circle around above the water in a corkscrew until he got about 30 feet above, then he tightened up and literally spun down like a helicopter; almost straight vertical. He hit the water with his talons, never going all the way under, then started flapping like crazy straight up with nothing in his feet. Guess he missed whatever he was going for. It was really impressive to watch though.

But one other time I saw one lift off from a residential street about a tenth of a mile off the bayou. He was holding some small mammal. Dead squirrel or maybe a cat? Whatever they are, they don't seem exclusive to fish.

I actually got curious enough to buy a small set of binoculars to take with me on my rides. And I called the local Audubon chapter to see if they had some kind of resource guide. The lady I spoke to suggested it might be a peregrine falcon, but what I'm seeing doesn't match the pictures I've seen of those.

P
P
That defiantely would be an Osprey.

I love to fly over to Eufala, AL and watch them catch fish and them feed their chicks.

S
S
You sound very definite. Is it from the way I described his hunting technique? Is that a distinctive osprey behavior?

I look at the photos of peregrines and they have the same mottled underbody and wings. Their heads are usually all dark, but sometimes the white looks like its encroaching up close to the eye. Like this pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...alcon_x.jpg/300px-Peregrine_falcon_x.jpg

P
P
Did he look like this?

Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation