Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2201758 01/28/09 09:58 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I know there is some new technology out there. Does anyone know of a good GPS tracker that be placed on a WS's car and his whereabouts tracked in REAL TIME?

Can you give all the information such as brand name, model name, price and how it works?

Thanks!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I know there is some new technology out there. Does anyone know of a good GPS tracker that be placed on a WS's car and his whereabouts tracked in REAL TIME?

Can you give all the information such as brand name, model name, price and how it works?

Thanks!

Please tell me this is for someone else.

C
C
Boost mobile....model i425. $16 and it comes with 5 or 10 bux airtime

Accu tracking software....1st month of tracking free

You have to install the software on your phone. It's not to bad if you are tech savy.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Carp! Where do you buy this? What kind of device is it and where can you hide it on the car?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
ok, I found this one on Brickhouse security for $199 called the T-Track. You hide it on the car somewhere and you can watch the car move on the internet in real time. You pay $49.99 per month for unlimitd tracking per month. They show a video here of what the tracking looks like. here It says it takes 4 AA batteries that should last up to 3 months.

Exposure 101

C
C
Thanks Carp! Where do you buy this? What kind of device is it and where can you hide it on the car?

I bought it at Best Buy.

I wedged it in the suspension of the seat. The unit phone can be set up to send data to accutracks website at any 5 min interval. The only downside is that it's winter and it only runs for 8-12hrs depending on the temp.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
C
C
Originally Posted by iam
Please tell me this is for someone else.

Please tell us this is for someone else.

M
OP Offline
M
It is not for me if that is what you mean! We need an updated thread on GPS gadgets.

Exposure 101

C
C
hurray

M
OP Offline
M
Cinders, the thread title would be very different if I caught my H in a 2nd affair! grin

"Husband found shot on the lawn, please bust me outta jail!" cry

Exposure 101

G
G
www.zoomback.com is good, although a monthly fee about $15 for realtime I think.

www.accutracking.com is good too, the have monthly fee about $15 too for realtime. They also have no monthly fee ones, but they are not realtime, you have to put it into your computer, that night or every few nights, to see where they HAVE been.

S
S
OK....I finally registered.

After "lurking" here for some time, I've finally decided that I have input of some value.

I am a BH with a D-day of 9/15/08. WW had told me that the A was over, but I needed to be sure. To make a long story short, I bought a GPS tracker.

It's a Zoombak Personal GPS Locator.
There is a "Car & Family" model, and a "Universal" model. The "Car" model comes with additional equipment to hard-wire the device into your car's electrical system. I opted for the "Universal" model. Bought it at Target for $199.
It comes with a wall charger and a car charger. A full charge will last for 3-4 days.
I prepaid for a 1 year subscription at $155.
I hid the unit in the trunk.

With it, you can:
Go to the website and use the "find now" feature.
Set up "safety zones" around specific addresses. If the vehicle enters or leaves a zone, you will get an email to whatever email address you specify and/or receive a text message on your cell.
It has the capability to do real-time tracking from the website.
You can also send a text message from your cell that requests the current location, and the location is texted back within a couple of minutes.

I've been happy with it. I just wish the charge on the batteries lasted a little longer.

I hope you find this information useful......

BH (46) (me)
WW (47)
Married 4/84
EA began 5/07. PA 1/08-3/08. D-Day 9/15/08.
Recovering slowwwwly...
P
P
Originally Posted by survived08
OK....I finally registered.

After "lurking" here for some time, I've finally decided that I have input of some value.

and another lurker steps forward ....

WELCOME

.... keep posting flirt

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Gineva and survived! Great info!

Exposure 101

F
F
Originally Posted by Carp54
Boost mobile....model i425. $16 and it comes with 5 or 10 bux airtime

Accu tracking software....1st month of tracking free

You have to install the software on your phone. It's not to bad if you are tech savy.
Yep, you do need to be a bit tech savvy. It is the cheapest by far but it is a cell phone so you won't be able to put it on the outside of the car. It tracks real time for about 35 cents per day.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
C
C
Check out TigerGPS Clicky

The Zoombak products look reasonable, and this site has good prices with $50.00 rebate wink.

The 2 Zoombak models: One looks to be battery powered, which would require you to remove and recharge every few days. This also means it can be moved easily from car to car. The other is hardwired to the car electrical for a more permanent set it and forget it install.

D
D
I don't worry so much about where my WW is going, since OM lives thousands of miles away. I worry more about who's shes talking / texting to on her phone.

So i ordered flexispy today. Should have on her blackberry by weekend smile

Her blackberry will send info to a web site I log in to. Gives me phone records, txts, e-mails to and from her phone.

The more powerful version will allow:
- Listen to actual phone calls
- Use as a secret mobile gps tracker

I got the less expensive version that just logs all the goods and records them for me. That and the keylogger have given me more peace of mind.

Granted, when WWs not at home we spend 99% of our time together, so I got that going for me. But still don't trust her as far as I can throw her...and she's only a buck-twenty-five, so I could throw her if a I had to smile

You HAVE to love technology!

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
P
P
DNU1 - is that legal?

edit to add: I suppose it is if it is under your name and you pay the bill ???

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/29/09 02:25 PM.
H
H
Originally Posted by Gineva
www.zoomback.com is good, although a monthly fee about $15 for realtime I think.

One of my employees recently purchased and used this product. It's about the size of a small TV remote. She put it in the owners manual case, as she said no man ever reads the instructions.

I witnessed it in action. Very good product. Nice feature is that you can subscribe to the realtime on a monthly basis, discontinue service for a while and then re-up realtime at a later date for a few months if needed.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
A
A
"Husband found shot on the lawn, please bust me outta jail!"
With his intestines still tied to a stake in the back yard.

-> http://www.rmtracking.com/

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation