Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
nams Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Before he told the boys ex gave me a heads up telling me he moved out of gf's house, the one he moved in with 10 days after the divorce was final but "did not have an affair with", to an apartment he had for about four months prior to the move to gf's.

This apartment is about 25-30 minutes away from my house VS 50 min. so that should please the boys and make driving responsibilities much nicer for my. Did I say any of the nasty things that ran through my mind? No. I just thanked him for the heads up and said the boys would be pleased to have him closer. I feel so grown up!

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
G
G
Congrats on taking the high road, nams. We'll think all those nasty things along with you.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
S
I'll bet that was so tempting, but good for you for being the better person and not getting sucked into what probably would have made you feel bad in the end anyway.

Always better to stay in control. I wonder if you surprised him?

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
N
nams Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well, I don't know if he was surprised or not. We have always tended to have a civil relationship and not say things to rock the boat. Though the other day when he began to offer advice on how I might keep my house cleaner I shut that conversation down quick.

I'm so tempted to pump the boys for info. but it's probably unlikely they know much anyway. They did say he told them he and gf weren't getting along and that he was moving out to see if things got better. Who knows what that really means. Time will tell. Either way, he's closer and that means he can pick up some driving duties.

B
B
.... and because you are a good mother, a mature woman, and a class act, you will not follow through on the urge to pump the boys for info.

And the boys will know that you value them more than your own feelings.

N
nams Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you, Bellevue. I do try. The only other info. that has come my way, not through any questioning on my part, is the fact that ex is considering using his RV to live in over the summer.

The place he is in now is in a beach community so the owners rent it out weekly over the summer at exorbitant prices. When he first moved out he took the RV to a campground in a nearby town and the boys loved it. The pool, the freedom to roam, being outside much of the time...quite nice really. They are older now so that may make a difference, but they are excited by the prospect. Plus, ex will be closer and they can see their friends more easily than they can from his current location.

F
F
Hi nams,
I tracked you down! Just stopping by to say hi. I posted a bit on ENs.

You sound good! hug

N
nams Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi FHL, aren't you sweet to track me down. Since the EN board seems to be the central local I'll catch you up over there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation