Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
My apologies for the confusion at my end. I thought that you separated due to infidelity and then a second incident occurred after that.

I wish you and your wife the best. I’ll continue to read of your adventures and if I see an area where I might be of service then I’ll respond, that is if you don’t mind.

Mr. G

Of course not, that's what I'm here for... the feedback, even if I don't always follow the advice. As for the adventures, hopefully it will be a dull roar from here on out.

WH - 44
FWW - 50
Married - 2005
d-day - 12/4/2008
NC since 12/13/2008
Her d-day 4/22/2009
Divorcing.
L
L
Originally Posted by roybatty
I'll do whatever I can to avoid such a scenario in the future. That was enough.
Coolio.

Originally Posted by roybatty
I really don't regret going though. Yes, there was some alpha-male aspect to it, but really, what does it matter? It's over.
That's right. It is. Now do what you can to recover your marriage. These boards are really depressing today and I need to read some good news from someone. Anyone. Please.

Take care.

C
C
My apologies for the confusion at my end. I thought that you separated due to infidelity and then a second incident occurred after that.

They really seperated due to extreme Independent Behavior. Not the best way to start out a marriage...

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
C
C
Originally Posted by Looking4
These boards are really depressing today and I need to read some good news from someone. Anyone. Please.

I see a lot of hope in Roy Batty's situation.

His wife dated the OM because she thought the choice was a lonely marriage-in-name-only (living apart and only seeing each other on occasion) to Roy, or leaving and starting over with someone new.

When Roy found out about the OM, he offered his wife a new choice: a real, full-time-living-together marriage with him.

When her choice was a real marriage with Roy or starting over with the new guy... she chose Roy. Right away, without hesitation, and with no looking back.

Their challenge now is to learn to do away with the Independent Behaviors that led to their living completely seperate lives for so long.

His wife is on board. Roy is on board. They know what they have to do, and they have a second chance on their marriage, a chance to do it right this time.

In my opinion, Roy needs all the support we can give him to build his marriage, not to re-build it... because it wasn't really a marriage before. They need to learn to live together as real partners. They need to grow past their Independent Behaviors.

And I have every confidence that they are capable of doing so.

Last edited by CuthbertCalculus; 02/09/09 03:26 PM.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by CuthbertCalculus

They really seperated due to extreme Independent Behavior. Not the best way to start out a marriage...

Yes, we took all our baggage from previous relationships and dumped it all into our marriage. I'm not sure what either one of us expected. The wife did try much harder than I to make things work before we actually separated. That's what I need the smack down for.

WH - 44
FWW - 50
Married - 2005
d-day - 12/4/2008
NC since 12/13/2008
Her d-day 4/22/2009
Divorcing.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by CuthbertCalculus
In my opinion, Roy needs all the support we can give him to build his marriage, not to re-build it... because it wasn't really a marriage before. They need to learn to live together as real partners. They need to grow past their Independent Behaviors.

And I have every confidence that they are capable of doing so.

Thanks CC, that's something I can take with me. You've always had a handle on my situation. I appreciate it.

WH - 44
FWW - 50
Married - 2005
d-day - 12/4/2008
NC since 12/13/2008
Her d-day 4/22/2009
Divorcing.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation