Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 39 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
S
S
Hard to say P. The resolution was too poor for me to see his coloring or head. The ones I see seem to soar a lot and not beat their wings so much. The one who went for the water didn't really orbit like the one in the video.

I will take my video camera next time and shoot some footage. I've been watching these guys for a few years now and it fascinates me no end. Especially since we're right in the heart of the city.

P
P
OH, you are in a city!

Then it very well could be a falcon, Ospreys prefer wide open spaces.

They dive vertical, but I've never seen one hit water before.

The act of flipping over into the dive is called the stoop.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
B
B
Friday I popped in Wally World for some club soda (I love club soda) and some beers and headed home and started a movie after a smoke and a beer. I debated dinner choices and was motivated enough to go downstairs and take many frozen things out to thaw but not motivated (and interested enough) in really cooking something so I resorted to canned-goods. When I got the stuff on the stove the phone rang and it was Sherry. I am fully inculcated to the passive-aggressive nature of women and realized that of course she wanted to do something and I made a few suggestions. We set it that she would call be when she left where she was staying (Lake St. Louis) and we agreed to meet a Hotshot's, a sports-bar chain in the area and at the O'Fallon location. I choked down my dinner and sure enough she called and I left for the bar with a slight detour of the ATM. She was there just before me sitting at the bar and I joined her but was sitting in front of some video game and asked if we could move to the other side of the bar which we did. We then chatted for quite a while on a variety of subjects, including broaching sex as a subject, but mainly about laundry, which I bemoaned as a subject not fit for two adult singles sitting at a bar. Even the bartender got interested in the laundry discussion. Oye ve! We then grabbed an open table and shot many games of pool. We have every appearance of being a couple without being a couple. We spent about three hours together and at the end she said that she really enjoyed my company and I replied that we should get together more regularly. That is the kind of compliment that I want from a woman. Very nice. Then off to home and Tim and Rob where in Tim's garage so I stopped by to see the progress on the kitchen remodel and to chat. I had an epiphany about Rob this weekend which I'll relate later. Rob asked me what percentage I was over my marriage/divorce and I said at least 95% and close to forgiveness. We have some more interesting conversation about relationships and I later retired home for a smoke and cocktail and then off to bed at about 01:00.

Up at 10:00 Saturday and immediately out to the door for a delightfully warm day. It eventually hit 68 and I opened the windows in the house for a while I touched base with many neighbors during the day and learned that Pat next door broke her ankle just before Christmas and then broke her wrist just after Christmas while slipping on her crutches. I had what is always delightful conversation with Jim and this was the start of much political discussion this weekend where it appears that there is a lot of pent-up anger in the middle class. I pressure washed the car, hand washed the car, pressure rinsed the car, pulled it out on the street and then pressure washed the filthy driveway. I enjoyed music, cigars, and a few beers into the afternoon, stopped by Tim and Jen's to see the kitchen, which they painted a two-tone green and added a white chair-rail and a white-tile backsplash. It looked very nice! I then inquired about dinner and they said that they didn't need me to bring anything and I went home and waited a bit longer before heading back up. There were 6-couples, Tim and Jen, Tim's brother Ryan and his Jen, Tony and Laura, Chris and Carra, Rob and Jaime, Justin and Leslie, myself, and Chris and Carra's cute daughter Kayla (almost 4), who had evidentially inquired to her parents several times during the day if I was coming to dinner. At least there's one single female that wants dinner with me! We had fun pre-dinner men's discussion, then a nice dinner, then played The Last Word game which was a lot of fun, then LCR (left, center, right), then I chatted with the chicks about cleaning (WTF theme do I have going this past weekend?), then the men retired to the garage and we had a very interesting political discussion, the best I've had in a while. We all trust each other now so that we can speak the truth without problems. We had a very spirited discussion and were in consensus on most issues. People started leaving and I had some last minute discussion with Tim and then headed home for a repeat of the previous evening's activities and made it to bed at about 01:30.

I was up at 09:00 and between phone calls to Herb, Ken, and Chris, I went on a housecleaning blitz fueled by espresso and then outside for several hours in a much cooler day with a high of about 45. Later in the afternoon Chris offered dinner but I really didn't feel like going anywhere and rotated indoors, started a movie, decided I was tired, and headed off to bed early and slept like a rock with some more interesting dreams about the XW. The precious night I had dreamed that I was trying to find Herb and that's what prompted my call to him.

It should be warmer today with rain, perhaps a lot of it Tuesday and Wednesday, tomorrow with a high of 70. I have a killer outfit on today as it's a mandatory dress-up day and got a very nice compliment from the gorgeous Kathy, which alone was enough to make my day!

I should add that my epiphany about Rob is that while he doesn't play the intelligent guy, he is in fact very intelligent and provided some of the best discussion material for the discussion we had both Friday and Saturday night. I am in his fan club.

If I can, I'll try to recall the previous weekend for you. I was much too busy at work last week to get an update in.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #2221297 02/26/09 08:16 PM
P
P
Today I hosted a hot dog picnic for the people at work. Many are on reduced hours and I am lucky enough to be on regular hours with approved overtime.

Since I am so fortunate, I thought I'd do something to boost morale and this was cheap and easy enough to feed 150 people and not disrupt production.

Owner of the company came by as I was winding it down and thanked me for doing this for them as it came from me, it meant more to them. He is in the second picture.

I actually felt good about doing this. I wanted no thanks or recognition, just the image of my co-workers having a great time is more than enough.

It's making me want to go back to Honduras with the missionaries again. I wouldn't be allowed to fly the medivac plane now but I still am qualified to work pharmacy. I miss the jungle.

Anyways, can you spot my sense of humor in any of the pix? laugh

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/cookout3.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/cookout4pg.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/cookout1.jpg

Pariah #2221303 02/26/09 08:39 PM
A
A
LOL Alpo!! How kind of you!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
D
OP Offline
D
I like the Alpo too!!! Will have to remember that as I could have alot of fun with kids and that one!!!!

I got my bathroom done last night with the exception of touch up painting, wood filler had to dry first!!

I will sew a shower curtain and window curtain yet this weekend. My daughter has been gone for the week and that was my goal was to get it finished before her return.

Haven't had any offers to go out this weekend so will probably stay home, sew my curtains and watch a movie or two!

Seems that someone has gotten pretty comfortable and doesn't see the need to ask me in advance to go out. He asked if I wanted to go out and eat Chinese last night @ 5:30 and I couldn't/wouldn't as I had planned to work in the bathroom. I suggested that maybe tomorrow night would be good, that I would even dress up and not wear my blue jeans. No comment or reply made, so am waiting to see what happens. It's been a month and a half that we've been seeing each other and it somewhat seems like we are in a routine! Not sure that is what I was looking for!

Oh well!!! I complain when there is no one in my life and now that there is I am complaining still!!!!!

Have a great weekend all!!!

Dawn

daybreak #2221623 02/27/09 02:26 PM
P
P
Guys like chicks in blue jeans. wink

Pariah #2221679 02/27/09 03:37 PM
A
A
Had an afternoon date today and plans are made to go to dinner next Saturday. Seems nice having something to look forward to.

I'm off work until Tuesday and would like to get some things done around the house.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
D
OP Offline
D
Pariah,

I am most comfortable in my blue jeans!! And they fit realllllly good!!

Dawn

D
OP Offline
D
AGE,

It is fun to have something to look forward to!!!! So where did you go today? What is he like? Do tell!!!! What was his best feature?

Dawn

daybreak #2221945 02/28/09 01:25 AM
A
A
We met on POF and turns out he is a long time friend of my oldest brother. We met for coffee and really enjoyed each others company. He's 47, been divorced for 15 years, has an 20 year old daughter in college. He has only dated two women since his divorce. He has a great job and a wonderful sense of humor. We laughed more than anything. He's very normal and I haven't sensed a red flag yet.

Next weekend he is picking me up from work and we are going to dinner and he mentioned something about dancing...so we'll see. I told him he's in charge of making the plans. Which is major for my control freak tendencies. LOL

Other than his blue eyes...his best feature is his kissing ability kiss

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
AGE, I'm glad you had a great time. smile

Pariah #2222042 02/28/09 11:19 AM
A
A
Thanks Pariah!!

How are things there?

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
Cold, rainy and my bird bit me. crazy She's sleeping now after I scolded and then fed her. She was screeching trying to get me to hurry up cooking her scrambled egg. After I fed her, she kept screeching and I went to get her out of her cage and she clamped down on my knuckle. She's just in a real grumpy mood today.

The exhaust parts came in for my airplane but I don't feel like driving up to Dahlonega to put them on the engine.

I'm just gonna watch TV today.

Might make some fajitas from scratch. Funny how many things that can be made from this "scratch" compound.

Cakes

Houses

Pies

laugh

Pariah #2222065 02/28/09 12:24 PM
A
A
Sounds like she's PMSing it grin

I'm watching a Brady Bunch marathon while surfing the web.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
R
R
Allurin,

Good for you!

I have been out with a couple of people from match, but no one kissable yet.

Am looking forward to next weekend when exams are over. Will do a belated Oscar movies marathon.

R

N
N
So how's the POF guy? My POF relationship ended, but that's OK.

Apparently, there's an underworld of singles events in our area. Not just POF, but others. So I ventured out on Saturday night with ExBF's good friend to go dancing a one of these events.

It's scary out there. We brought down the average age significantly. And I was feeling fit by comparison to the women my age who look pregnant. The men were old, or childlike. One guy even used the high school method of blocking the way to the women's room. I hope there are some real men out there, but it seems like there are alot of boys wondering why their relationships don't work. I ran into an old friend from my old divorce support group who is on the "circuit". So I had someone safe with whom to dance.

I fear that many daters have unrealistic expectations. One guy was standing near us and didn't talk to a soul all night, standing there with his arms crossed. I finally asked him if he knew what that body language meant, ie. closed down. He refused to dance, but I finally got him out. Then I asked about his type, and he seemed to be looking for perfection. Way overshooting, particularly for an uptight man who seemed to still be wondering why his 9 year relationship didn't work out.
Now, I"m uptight, but I looked downright open compared to some people.

Oh, then there was the "toad". Apparentlythis guy is on the circuit too and keeps trying to get close to my friend. He truly looks like a toad, and kept edging in when she was dancing with people. She's told him she's not interested, but he doesn't seem to get the message.

It's not a great dating world out there.

I need some fresh ideas.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
newly #2222828 03/02/09 09:49 AM
S
S
What does POF mean?

I don't know what any of your environments look like. The demographics, and whatnot... From my own personal experience, both from before I was married and after my divorce, seem to suggest that dating success comes from within. The happier I am personally, and the more right I am within my own mind, the easier it was to meet quality women. Maybe I just felt more confident talking to them, or maybe they could sense my confidence and that made me more attractive. Maybe both...

Seabird #2222833 03/02/09 10:08 AM
A
A
POF = Plenty Of Fish dating site.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
S
S
Ah, thanks Ronda.

Page 35 of 39 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation