Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2209864 02/09/09 11:21 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I have signed my husband up tonight and am hoping that he will begin posting. His name is Spartan.....from the movie 300. grin

M
M
Welcome Mr Spartan! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I just showed him your welcome message and told him that you're the den mom round these parts! flirt

M
M
Howdy there Spartan! Welcome to MB! smile

Mrs. W

P.S. Mel = "den mom" *snicker* grin

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
You do realize MS, that I am now gonna have to call you guys "Sparky & Sparty", right? grin

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
OP Offline
M
Lol!!! We love it! hurray

I'm definitely the sparky one...whoa mama!!

You need to add ML to you signature line as your BFF. grin

M
M
Originally Posted by Sparky
Lol!!! We love it! hurray

Kewl! kiss

I'm definitely the sparky one...whoa mama!!

It shines right thru, ma'am! wink

You need to add ML to you signature line as your BFF. grin

Well I would, but I do have a reputation to think about yanno! stickout

Mrs. W grin

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

A
A
Thats good news MS ... welcome Spartan.

Mel = den mother ........... rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

gotta love Sparky for that one grin

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

L
L
Hi, MS. (Or is it Sparky now?)

You got to MB first. What is it that compelled your H to get signed up here as well?

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Looking4
Hi, MS. (Or is it Sparky now?)

You got to MB first. What is it that compelled your H to get signed up here as well?

I'm good with Sparky! grin

Peer pressure......I actually signed him up and have been talking about the forum and how extensive and helpful the site is. We've both filled out the EN questionnaire and I'm sure we'll be back on here together with requests for advice.

In any case, he's interested and that makes me oh so happy! The wayward leading the betrayed in this case. cool

M
M
no wonder my ears were itching!! skeptical You silly people quit talking trash on me!

MS, that is great that your H is participating. If he is so inclined, he might want to start up his own thread and we can post to him.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Sparty and Sparky! HAHAHAH! Hello!

M
OP Offline
M
Separate threads would be a good thing. Not that we don't love each other, but posting together would end up being pretty convoluted. Not just that, but we need different support systems.

"Sparky".....I've made some sparks, that's for sure! rotflmao I'll NEVER live this name down. blush

L
L
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
Peer pressure......I actually signed him up and have been talking about the forum and how extensive and helpful the site is. We've both filled out the EN questionnaire and I'm sure we'll be back on here together with requests for advice.

In any case, he's interested and that makes me oh so happy! The wayward leading the betrayed in this case. cool
This is great that he's doing this with you. I asked because I'd love for my BH to come here (or utilize any resources at this point) as he processes my betrayal. Wondering how I might nudge him in the MB direction without educating or LBing about it.

I'll watch for Spartan to post and will ask him directly if I have further questions.

I wish you both the best.

DS10
DD8
M
OP Offline
M
Looking4:

I just read your signature line and saw that you had 2 PA's. Me too....one lasted 3 years and my most recent 9 months.

I've got my hand out to ya if you wanna do this journey together.

I haven't posted our story yet, but will this week.

L
L
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
I've got my hand out to ya if you wanna do this journey together.
Absolutely, Sparky. I've been through some pretty tough stuff in my years of life, and this is by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through. And what makes it even more unbearable is that it was all preventable -- the pain and suffering of all my affected loved ones are because of me and my decided actions. And dang that sucks. Having a partner through this will be helpful. Thanks for offering.

When you have an hour to spare, get a container of your favorite beverage and and you can read my story here -- Hubby Now Cares. Should I Tell of The A? I was utterly and completely alone with my shame and guilt last year when I stumbled onto MB. The folks on the forums here were the first non-counselor people I told of last spring's betrayal. And while I don't know these wonderful people from Adam and they have no vested interest in me, I know I wouldn't be functioning today without their steadfast encouragement, smacks upside the head, hugs, sarcasm, and experienced direction.

I'll plod through this land of recovery with you if you're game. And while I realize that we just met, this could be us -- "Take My Hand" on YouTube.com (Obra Social La Caixa). wink

Take care.

DS10
DD8
D
D
Hi MutedSparkle and hello to Spartan as well!

I have never had the pleasure of "meeting" you but look forward to reading both of your future threads.

I am so happy that my FWH decided to post here. It has been very hard on him but he is learning and trying and that counts for a lot. Spartan will feel good as you both travel this together.

This is such an unhappy situation for all of us but such wonderful people are here that it is the first place I want to be other than home with my FWH of course. Spartan will find much support, it has gotten me through this far. Without it I do not know what would have happened.

Of course you know all of this, that is why you signed him up! grin

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
M
M
Sparky (tee hee - I so love that! grin)

Please let "Sparty" know that though we have done a lot of joking around on THIS thread, that everyone here will take your situation VERY seriously...

Looking forward to reading both of your perspectives (on separate threads)...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you for the warm welcome, SSS!

I've read through some of yours and your H's threads but not enough to fully grasp the total content of everything that has gone on. One thing I do have to say is that I am extremely sorry for the road he has chosen. You're a very loving woman to stand by him. You have God given strength. hug

I just read one of Dr. Harley's articles in the infidelty section. It was his response to a woman who had lost sexual interest for her husband after her affair. He described an "electric fence" type personality. Good gosh, I about fainted! It described my husband and I to a tee. It seems that every conceivable marriage hurdle has been addressed here at some point.

I've met some pretty incredible people here so far.

L
L
Total T/J, but I can't help it... When I read your nickname I think, "Sparky. The Sparkster. Sparkety Spark-o-rama. Sparkin' up the copy room." and so on like The Copy Guy on Saturday Night Live, played by Rob Schneider. I don't know why. But I do...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation