Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 100 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{songbirds and their barfing momma}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by Neak
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{songbirds and their barfing momma}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{songbirds and their barfing momma}}}}}}}

A
A
IN A JAR

Rella !!!!!!!!

rotflmao I was having this vision of me prancing around in the yard trying to 'catch' the bug and put the lid back on the jar.
snigger grin

But I am feeling so ok now.... the barf on Aussie fixed me up grin blush I ate a steak burger.... a whole one by myself ... I'm a big girl now .. & getting bigger if I keep eating those crazy .... home made .. by me with the works... tender loin just right... bacon... cheese ...onions.. tomato of course .. lettuce .... sauce & mayo on the top and bottom bun halves... with my special onion & pickle as well .... it looks like the burgers do in the ads ... but its real!!!! laugh

I need choc icecream now .... with blue berries ... and a Picnic choc bar ..... coffee I want a Espresso con Panna with thickened cream and Italian bitter choc powder ......... and most important ... someone to get it for me..

honey ...... sweetie pie ... darling .... buttercup .... its VD day over here right now .... that's ALL I want ... for now ... my brave manly lover... honest it is. lashes

Aussies says "NO if I get it for you I have to get it for the three of you"

blink lashes blink lashes blink lashes

told you girls it would work.!!!! blush

isn't he such a dear?

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Tomorrow, at 7 a.m., I have an MRI appt my ear....just hoping it's ear only that is the problem. Could be head. Could be spine. pray Please, let it be fixable ear matter. pray

rant2 Have to deal with downed mailbox and tree in my yard from wreck someone had in my yard today. mad No telling what they did to the rest of my yard and driveway. sigh Neighbor called me and told me about it....I haven't seen it yet. Sigh! faint Woman taking her son to school.....hit two mailboxes on the street. Didn't do as much damage to the other one as she did mine - neighbor says it's down....and that car didn't stop until she hit my very mature holly tree (20+ feet tall) which may be broken. :MrEEk:

C
C
Let's add to the mess.....how much glass, plastic, and other debris is in my yard? How long will it be before there won't be glass shooting out of the lawn mower when you cut the grass?

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
57.3 years

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
rotflmao Neak! I'm assuming that's how long till the stuff will be out of my yard. rotflmao

So, the good news is.....they think her car still had the windshield intact. I don't see a lot of slivers of dangerous stuff out there....a few pieces of plastic. Mailbox is in pieces. Tree was whiplashed into two pieces - decapitated. Leaning. Practically ripped out of the ground by the roots.

hurray She DOES have insurance! hurray

I had a big, bad mailbox post...an industrial machine axle sunk in a bunch of concrete well below ground level.....it's totally horizontal (with the concrete attached - several feet from the hole). My 50+ year old holly tree is probably not salvageable.

I priced mailbox posts from one of the most respected ornamental iron companies in town.....Their biggest, baddest post is about $750 plus tax, installed.

I have an appointment with an arborist in the morning - gonna see if the tree is savable. I doubt it. How do you value a mature holly tree? It was a landmark...truly awesome.....you don't see many hollies that size.

Hey, no one was thrown from the car. No one died. She didn't hit my magnolia tree or my house. She had insurance. It could be SOOOO much worse!

In the morning, I have an MRI at 7:30 and an appointment with the arborist at 10:30. Then, in a couple of days, I'll talk with the adjuster. Not looking forward to this.

T
T
57.3 years

Well, isn't she just the eternal optimist? :RollieEyes:

tl

A
A
Its just like barfing.......... you get carrots even if you haven't eaten them in weeks ... every time rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
Last night, the weather started changing from warm and dry to cooling and storming. When I took the dog out, my nose stopped up suddenly. During the night, the power went off and on several times - waking me several times.

This morning, I had to be at the hospital at 7 for my MRI. They started a little after 8....injected me w/ a bunch of dye sometime around 8:45. Finished up after 9.

I have to meet w/ the arborist in about an hour. I know what he will tell me.....tree is toast....well, that's what I expect.

I won't make it to work until at least 11:30.

I really, really want to call in and take the rest of the day off. I would go to sleep. A day with decongestants now might keep me from being really sick.

A
A
true story . I swear on me granny's grave - well maybe the one she's a diggin' for me crazy

Irish police ... called the Garda Síochána na hÉireann or Garda ... have FINALLY solved the mystery of a serious Polish traffic offending recidivist!! The dirty rotter!!!!

This terrible person "Prawo Jazdy" has clocked up between 50 and 500 traffic offences, the Garda won't say exactly, on different addresses and has never been caught.

An internal police memo said officers taking details of the Polish traffic offender had been carefully printing "Prawo Jazdy," in the top right corner of the driving license, as the holder's name. Well you would wouldn't you

"Prawo Jazdy" is actually Polish for driving license and not the first name and surname on the license," the police memo said. "It is quite embarrassing to see the system has created Prawo Jazdy as a person with so many identities."

Apparently the offenders were all different people and sexes but being catholic I guess the Guardia assumed it was just a big family !!!! :MrEEk:
Could be useful to remember that, I'll tell em I'm from the Irish side of the Jazdy family!!! laugh

Ah 'tis the little people made me do it - De wee people - ya know the Sainmhíniú - r u doubting me now then???
faith an' begorrah yis a miserable lot that ye r.
rotflmao

Liz - brushing up on my Irish knowledge base

slán a fhágáil ag duine

go mbeannaí Dia thú!

C
C
You better be careful...those grandmothers can be very stubborn and determined!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
AJ's been having a hard time of it. Night before last, one of his older stepbrothers died, heart failure as it turned out. I was shocked to find out he was only 40 - for as long as I've known him, I thought he was 10-15 years older than AJ. Even harder, and not to even attempt to judge, but from a human perspective the brother's chance of a last-minute repentance appears virtually nil. His last words weren't exactly calculated to stir hope of a deathbed conversion, either.

And the whole thing was attended by major soul-draining drama, start to not-finished-yet.

Maybe AJ will want to talk more about it, or have me post for him. Or, maybe not. (He's finally fallen asleep at a decent hour, so I can't ask him.) But regardless, there are 2 really messed-up fatherless kids, early to mid teens, whose mother has already been hospitalized for serious cardiac trouble. The oldest is at least an adult, barely, but it would be hard for her to care for her brother and sister if anything happened to the mom.

So please just keep them in your prayers. Thanks.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
V
V
Neak - all my thoughts to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about AJ's stepbrother. I feel for the children and Mom.

Bless you. hug

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
A
A
Neak that is just so sad to hear.

I will let mum and gran know as well and keep you all in our prayers especially the kids and their mum and AJ.

Be thou my vision
Bind us together Lord in our sorrow
The broken Mornings
The day thou gavest
For the beauty of life
Lord for the years
The days and moments
Comfort and hold close those who mourn
Thine be the Glory

Love

Liz

P
P
So please just keep them in your prayers. Thanks.

Will do. First names?

P
P
I am now a fan of AW's Daughter Liz hug

A
A
Oh wow Pep thank you for the Hug, not sure what I did but I'll take the hugs alright!! And one back to you hug

If you are wondering why I am up at 4.50am in the morning, 0450hrs for us service slaves, oops wives grin

My lil bro Mikey is still up and running riot and I, how silly can you get, volunteered to look after him.

It was an exciting night for all but why did dad let him eat all that sugar?

Oh haven't told you about the night did I.
Ok the whole gang of us went to the airport and my brother JJ was there on his way back to that - ok its classified - hell hole. Hayls who's like my sister but thankfully for her isn't really lol, is engaged to him and just SCREAMED. I mean like SCREAMED. He got a 18 hr stay over so mum was like over the moon to see him. Dad had a lot of things arranged so the less said about his involvement might be wise.

The lucky love birds are currently in a hotel practising husband and wife things. I may have been jealous but I'm too tired. crazy

and seriously, all that kissing and I love you's and you're wonderful, really mother, father, not in public, go get a room. blush

thats it I'm tying the little rugrat to the bed. sweet dreams to all sleep

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Widow - Sally
Kids - Samantha, Laura, and Dillon

Thank you kiss

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Included in our prayers this morning Neak.

Please let AJ know we are thinking of him and his brothers family.

Page 69 of 100 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation