Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 36 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 35 36
bigkahuna #2215669 02/18/09 01:07 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I have not completely confirmed an OM2 but it is her friends BF's cousin. The punk is 18 and WW has been texting him a LOT. Like 300 times a day. What the [censored] is with these waywards??? He is the type of guy she said all of her life she has no interest in, yet her friend works to hook her up and all this.

If nothing else, I will be in plan B for life even after she divorces me. To ever come back she would have to show me one hell of a heap of remourse if she continues with this guy. If she never comes back, then I will never have to worry about seeing or at least speaking with her again.

My mom and her mom both seem to think that WW wants to run completely wild for a while and all since we got together had kids and all when she was 18 and WW feels like she missed out. Like I said, plan B for life this Friday unless she can show a huge amount of something.

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
bigkahuna #2215672 02/18/09 01:29 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
I completely agree with Susan the not so stupid

blushThank you, BigK.blush That was a very nice thing for you to say. Unfortunately, everything I ever learned in life, I learned the hard way. I am envious of anyone and everyone who is able to learn life's lessons by example, rather than by bashing their own heads against a rock. I don't know Rusty's wife. I certainly don't have his emotional attachment to her. But, based on my experience, she is, in her present state of mind, T.R.O.U.B.L.E. for him. And for herself, for that matter.

tl

thndrnltng #2215673 02/18/09 01:37 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I agree. She is very much trouble right now. She has thrown every single moral and principle she has ever had out the window since she started her affair. What the crap does this fog do to these people? WW is being a complete moron right now.

MIL thinks WW is going to just have to hit bottom and pretty much be about dead and then she will wake up.

Anybody know of any good hobbies to pick up while in plan B?

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
rustyshackelford #2215717 02/18/09 08:03 AM
T
T
Why wait till friday. OM2 EA can turn to PA. Plan B now.

TheRoad #2215718 02/18/09 08:06 AM
R
OP Offline
R
She is not off again until Friday. Think I should make a special effort to run the plan B letter to her today? I have until 4pm central time to decide because thats when I woul dgo see her.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
rustyshackelford #2215773 02/18/09 09:49 AM
O
O
Crash and burn. That's what her future holds.

ouchthathurt #2215964 02/18/09 01:18 PM
C
C
If you're sure of what you want, may as well do it now.

Hobbies...
What about volunteering for Big Brothers or SPCA or something? Lots of folks are foster parents to stray dogs and cats these days; they take them to Petco/PetSmart on the weekends to try to get people to adopt them, but they take care of them in the meantime.

catperson #2216002 02/18/09 01:51 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Thats just it, I dont know what I want right now and do not want to make rash decisions.

MB was down earlier and Mr.Wondering emailed me what he thought since he couldnt post. Here it is.

Originally Posted by MrWondering
Only got a few minutes here and MB is down (at least on my computer it is).

I don't think this makes her a serial cheater as she's just transferring the same rationalizations and justifications from one OM to the next. She thinks she's separated and can do what ever the heck she wants. If anything, her behavior could be seen as helping you. What I mean as you, as her sane husband, gets to observe the absurdity of her behavior and thus, not take it so personally. Your wife is ill and soul sick. Her behavior, if it wasn't so hurtful, would be comical.

I don't necessarily like Plan B as a knee jerk reaction to something SHE has done. That gives her to much power over you. Plan B needs to be well timed and on your terms. I don't know if you've got all the arrangements down with the kids or not but all avenues of potential contact need to be shored up before Plan B is implemented. YOU...especially have to be ready for it as YOU will go through withdrawal yourself and come up with every excuse in the world for just one more contact.

Plan B won't work to manipulate her back to the marriage. Plan B is for you because you are just to hurt to carry on and suffering the abuse each contact with her puts you through, such that, if and when, she does wake up and realize what she's done, you'll still have some love for her and willingness to try. Are you ready for that and do you need that protection?

If I were you...I think I'd consider confronting her about the 18 year old (taping the conversation if possible) and then exposing the 18 year old to his parents. Unfortunately, you aren't likely to have much proof of anything on them but an amount of text messages. They will claim "just friends"...no doubt. This makes exposing them more difficult. So there may be the choice of lay low and act unaware for maybe this weekend and hire a PI or snoop out the facts somehow. I think I favor confronting her. You've already got her dead to rights as an adulterer with OM1....so maybe you'll stop this one before it goes PA. I'd consider PA in a week or so...shoring up what I needed to do to prepare first.

Finally...I don't think this makes your young marriage impossible to reconcile. Your wife is clearly chasing her youth. She's in love with being 18 herself again with OM1 and OM2. You aren't competing with a soulmate relationship here but a Godless wife searching for happiness just like the rest of them.

My MIL and my mom seem to think exactly the same thing.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
catperson #2216004 02/18/09 01:52 PM
M
M
Rusty,

Plan B immediately. You need to pull out right now, as it is you that is in danger now of undoing all that you have done (Plan A). It will be next to impossible for you not to LB with a new OM involved.

Go to Plan B immediately. Write the Plan B letter, post it here so we can go over it, then send it to her ASAP. Then go dark, dark, dark.

This is a dangerous time for you.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
Mortarman #2216012 02/18/09 02:02 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I just copied my plan B letter from the book. Please let me know if it's ok. If I do wind up still in a distant plan A then it doesnt hurt to at least get a jump on my letter, right?

My Dearest WW,

I apologize for my part in creating an environment that enabled you to have an affair. I foolishly did not meet your most important needs and show you how much I loved you. I was selfish at times and did not put you first. I should have always put you first in everything I did and every decision I made. I was not there for you when you needed me the most and now we are both suffering for my mistake.

I am willing to avoid the mistakes I made in the past and create a new life for both of us that will meet your needs. But I cannot do that until you end the affairs you are having once and for all.

Until then, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you. We will handle swapping the kids around through blah and blah. If there is anything we need to communicate to each other then it will have to be through them.

I ask you to respect my decision to separate from you this way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your affairs and I simply cannot be with you any longer knowing you are with other men. I still love you but I cannot see you under these conditions.

As soon as you are willing to permanently separate from your affair partners and are willing to allow for total separation from them, I will be willing to discuss our future together.

I want us to be able to rebuild our marriage some day. I want us to be able to meet each other’s emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We need to build a new lifestyle in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then there will never again be a reason for us to separate. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there when you need me. And I want you as my best friend.

I loved you when we married and I continue to love you right up to this day. I just cannot be with you or help you as long as you are involved in adulterous affairs.

With my love,
BS

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
rustyshackelford #2216062 02/18/09 02:40 PM
M
M
Excellent. Now send it to her, and to OM(s), if you know how to reach them.

At the bottom of the ones to the OMs, handwrite "OM, I love my wife. I am willing to do whatever it takes to save our marriage and our family."

Get this done ASAP.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
Mortarman #2216387 02/18/09 08:47 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I am going over there tomorrow to see her in person and give her the plan B letter. Is that a good idea?

In Plan B I dont bother exposing or anything anymore, right? I completely cut myself off from that? All I know about OM2 right this second is his cell number. Do I expose that as well as I can tomorrow? How will it go with exposure and a PB letter the same day?

Sorry, I just had a lot of questions to make sure I do this all right tomorrow.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
rustyshackelford #2216408 02/18/09 10:03 PM
E
E
Hi Rusty,

I've just been getting caught up on your experience. Sorry to hear that things are so rough right now.

I think that MM and Mr. Wondering are both right. Only Plan B if you think that your feelings for your wife are about to drop through the floor and you feel you are in danger of LB'ing her. If that's the case, do Plan B. But don't expect her to come crawling back right away. It could take years..

I'm in a similar situation as you, as you know. My wife is still with OM1, but still having an A, nonetheless. I can't remember if it was in this thread or another, but the Baron posted the "180" which is a great guideline to give your spouse space if you still plan A...

I've just been focusing on changing myself for the better and trying not to have any expectations at all from WW because if I do, I just set myself up for failure. I would recommend taking this time to work on yourself and do everything you can to be the best man you can be. It will give you some purpose in life that doesn't revolve around your WW. I've found some fulfillment and joy in working on bettering myself. I feel like I have some control over my life when I focus on what I CAN do and change instead of hoping WW will come back to me..

I am a 32 yr old betrayed husband.
My wayward wife is 31.
Married 3.5 years.
Found out about affair when it started around 10/1/08.
Affair started as emotional via internet, then went physical.
Wife moved out on 12/27/08.
I filed for legal separation to get visitation with my son--wife countered with big D but now says she is in no hurry to finalize the D??
Currently in Plan A.
3 yr-old son.
7 yr-old step son.
11 yr-old step daughter.
rustyshackelford #2216411 02/18/09 10:11 PM
T
T
I would expose again and plan B at the same time.

I would expose especially that being there is now OM2.

TheRoad #2216414 02/18/09 10:21 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I am sooo confused now. I have some guys saying to do a distant plan A and some saying to do a plan B.

What should I do??? I think I can choke my feelings back for at least another couple weeks and see where exposure and all would take OM2.

I think I can keep from LB her.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
rustyshackelford #2216565 02/19/09 09:42 AM
C
C
I think if you Plan B and expose at the same time, she'll see more of the devastation of her acts, because it will be more obvious to her how much you have hurt her, and because she won't have your shoulder to cry on. And exposing - and ALSO telling everyone she's onto a second guy - will (hopefully) make her a bit of an outcast, so she'll really have to deal with some consequences.

Oh, and call OM2's cell phone when you expose and tell him he's been outed.

Last edited by catperson; 02/19/09 09:43 AM.
rustyshackelford #2216585 02/19/09 10:05 AM
E
E
Hi Rusty,

I know how confused you must be. I have waivered back and forth on this same issue. By the way, I am not telling you that you should plan A or plan B. I'm just repeating what Dr. Harley says. He says you should plan A for about 6 months UNLESS you can't take it any more and are about to lose all love for your wife. No one can say it better than he so here are his own words on the subject:

But what do you do when your spouse won't leave her lover? What if she won't move to another state? I have recommended two approaches to this problem.

The first approach that I often recommend is to compete with the lover. Even as she is seeing the man, try to meet her needs, financially and emotionally. That approach has the advantage of proving that you care more about your wife than her lover does. Since you have more to lose than the lover (your family unit and present way of life), you can usually outlast the lover. He eventually finds someone else with less baggage.

The problem with this approach is that it is emotionally draining. You are giving her all you can, and getting very little in return. Besides, most people are totally overwhelmed by the image of their spouses in bed with someone else, and feel more like killing their spouses than meeting their needs. Some can't follow this plan at all and most people can't do it indefinitely.

As a compromise, I usually recommend a time limit for this approach, say six months. Then, if no progress is seen during that period of time, switch to my second approach. This plan is described in chapter 13 of His Needs, Her Needs ("How to Survive an Affair"), and takes the position that marriage is a contract that assumes mutual need fulfillment. When one spouse has an affair, the contract is broken. I recommend that you not only stop meeting your unfaithful spouse's needs, but you should avoid contact with her entirely until she is willing to abandon her lover. When that happens, you return to my first approach, to pull out all the stops and show her that you are willing and able to meet the needs met by her lover.

Only you can decide if you have Plan A'd all that you can and if it is time to switch to plan B. Some here think that you are at your limit but that has to be your decision. I'm certainly not telling you what to do, just showing you what Dr. Harley says about it to help you decide what you should do.

There is a lot of other good advice from him on the topic that you may want to revisit as I am doing..

Last edited by erichh; 02/19/09 10:06 AM.

My wayward wife is 31.
Married 3.5 years.
I filed for legal separation to get visitation with my son--wife countered with big D but now says she is in no hurry to finalize the D??
Currently in Plan A.
3 yr-old son.
7 yr-old step son.
11 yr-old step daughter.
erichh #2216639 02/19/09 10:50 AM
T
T
erichh

I sure the six months time frame is gone as soon as a WW moves onto the second OM.

TheRoad #2216642 02/19/09 10:56 AM
E
E
Originally Posted by TheRoad
erichh

I sure the six months time frame is gone as soon as a WW moves onto the second OM.

Why do you say that? Dr. Harley discusses spouses who have strings of one-night stands in about the same context as soul-mate cheaters. Can you show us anything by the Harleys that backs up what you just said?

Thank,

E

My wayward wife is 31.
Married 3.5 years.
Currently in Plan A.
3 yr-old son.
7 yr-old step son.
11 yr-old step daughter.
erichh #2218157 02/21/09 11:02 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Good news for once. When I talked to WW mom about WW talking to this new guy when I found out MIL jumped all up in her crap. WW said she was only talking to this guy to be nice to her friend but that she had no interest at all and she hasnt texted him at all since Monday.(she didnt say she hadn't, I looked and seen it).

I wish Verizon didnt wait 24 hours to show txt messages. WW was talking to me yesterday and talked about text messages not showing up on her bill when she got last month's detail bill in. I just let her go right ahead thinking you couldnt see text messages. Crisis averted for now.

WW dad bought her a house to live in since she couldnt afford rent on her own...I see it as good and bad. Bad in that she will still be tight for money but not completely broke all the time. She will have like $50 a week left over. Good in that she will not be able to live with any of her loser friends.

Oh well, thanks for all of the great advice for now guys. May have to use it in the future but for right now it isnt quite so bad.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
Page 30 of 36 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation