Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My WH has not stopped the lies. I have not mentioned the "It's over" letter because his main complaint about me and the M is that I control everything. My question about how to get the WS to write the goodbye letter. My husband is still waywardwith the lies. I find a new lie everyday. I think that the A is over. I have told the OWH and confronted the OW. My husband wants to "leave those poor people alone". He said that he hasn't had contact with her since she texted him to leave her alone (right after I called her and told her that I knew everything and would be talking to her husband - I hadn't found MB yet). Any tips? Is it too soon? Is my husband not ready yet? I know that he has lied about other female "friends" and times and dates. He is not admitted anything more. I have to have hard proof to get the truth out of him. I don't think he will do the letter. He wants to be done already.

Over it.
M
M
SS, how many affairs has he had? Do you have children?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
He admits to one affair. I think there are more because he had the base hotel number saved on a phone that he hasn't used since 5/08 and he said that this affair lasted only 2-1/2 months. He went to that hotel during this affair. I know that he has no need for that hotel unless he is up to no good. We each have two children from previous marriages that are grown. They do not know about the affair. My children would never forgive him. His children do not have contact with him anyway.

Over it.
M
M
wow, I just caught up on your thread. You are my HERO!! Anyone who has the BALLS to go to the OW's house just to see what she looks like is my HERO!! You killed that affair, girlfriend! grin

Dang, I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Personally, I would put the letter on the back burner for now because I don't think he is committed to giving up his secret second life.

Do you think he has always had a secret second life?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I have had it on the backburner because I don't think he is "all in" yet either. Too many lies still. As for the second life, I don't believe that started until I went back to work and he had his evennings on his hands. Huge mistake on my part. Thought I could trust him because we had been so strong the first 5 years of marriage. He had always come straight home and we did everything together. I was his dream girl. Once I went back to work, I was working late and gained some weight and he started going out with friends after work and it has spiralled out of control from there. He had more fun with them than he did at home. I am working my a** off to change that and it is improving (I have spent the last 3 weekends in the woods hunting with him). I hope the lies end soon. I think he is still in self-preservation mode. He has been lying for a long time. He avoids confrontation at all cost so I don't think I could get a letter out of him at this point.

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
wow, I just caught up on your thread. You are my HERO!! Anyone who has the BALLS to go to the OW's house just to see what she looks like is my HERO!! You killed that affair, girlfriend! grin

Thank you! That was really hard. My heart was beating so fast I could hardly speak when I pulled up to her house and her husband answered the door.

Over it.
M
M
SS, I would just keep working on falling in love again. Can y'all go to a MB weekend? That is the fastest horse in my experience.

Do you have Fall in Love, Stay in Love in addition to SAA?

I think you have very good instincts about this, SS.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I just received my copy of SAA in the mail yesterday and WH rolled his eyes. I would like to go to a workshop but WH thinks that this will "work out" or it won't - that we can't form a plan to fix this. So, I am working on it by myself until he comes around. It is really hard though not to have the AO's or DJ's when I uncover more deception. That is my biggest challenge. Once he comes onboard more, I plan to suggest a workshop. I don't think he is there yet. He still doesn't think that I will ever trust him or love him again - lots of shame. He is very pessimistic. He can't believe that I didn't kick him to the curb. I think he is trying protecting himself (with lies).

Over it.
M
M
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
I just received my copy of SAA in the mail yesterday and WH rolled his eyes. I would like to go to a workshop but WH thinks that this will "work out" or it won't - that we can't form a plan to fix this.

SS, can you drag him to a MB weekend? Of course you have to have a "plan" to fix this, it won't get fixed by osmosis. Does your house get repaired on its own? crazy

Most couples that show up there have one reluctant spouse and sometimes they are able to bring him/her around. Even if he doesn't come around RIGHT NOW, when he does in the future, you can pick up on the lessons with Dr Harley and his staff. You will have daily access to Dr Harley.

Exposure 101

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation