Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 70 of 100 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 99 100
A
A
Neak how is AJ doing..... and Sally and the kids?

I pray the family can be healed and that mum will be healthy and well for many many years to come.

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

A
A
Liz was teasing our Hayls with this today... at least it made her laugh which was nice to hear.

Its a song by Heidi Newfield I think Liz said. Its meant to be poking fun at her own experiences as I understand it. So I hope no one takes it seriously.

Knocked up, shame, shame
I´m gonna ruin my family name
Here comes what granny's been dreadin'
Belly full of baby in a shotgun wedding
Hand me down crib in a pick up truck
that´s what you get when you get knocked up

Daddy, he's a good lookin' guitar man
I was his from the very first kiss
I was thinkin' 'bout me and him makin' some plans
But I sure wasn´t plannin' on this

Knocked up, shame, shame

I ain´t nothin' but a kid myself
Still figurin' right from wrong
Judgin' by the shape of my figure now
Them innocent days are gone

Knocked up, shame, shame

Rockabye baby, don´t worry none
'Bout what me and your Daddy done
Mama's gonna love her little one
All these tears won't mean diddly squat
And it won't matter that your mama got knocked up

Knocked up, shame, shame

Knocked up, shame, shame

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
I am very sorry to hear the news and am praying for them also.

D
D
So I was telling my 19 year old that we were going to DC. He asked me why and I told him we were taking the 4 Munchkins of the Apocalypse there for Spring Break.

Dead silence from his end. Then he says, "Mom! You DO KNOW that's an act of terrorism, right?"

And you all wonder where I get it from...I got it from MY KIDS.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
19 year old !!!!!!!!!!!! :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk:

Doesn't that seem so wrong? 19!!!! who gave him permission to get older that's what I want to know!!!! laugh

Kimmy its just the weirdest thing to catch a glance at how others see your little boy... because he could be whatever age and he's still your little boy in your heart. Mine is. crazy

Our boys are men now Kimmy... makes me proud and a bit well not sad but maybe I just miss all the growing up bits. Well that is until Mikey drops a bag of flour on the floor because silly me left the pantry open!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :RollieEyes:

And you have 4 Munchkins still... sort of makes me feel better ...
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

C
C
Oh,you miss the growing up bits and Mimi was bemoaning her sagging bits.... :crosseyedcrazy:

A
A
Botox ...... flirt rotflmao rotflmao

D
D
Antonio and Leo got lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of hugs last night....and I made them chalupas (favorite at my house)!

They thought they hit the lotto.

I told No-no I'm gonna put him in a vise so he'd stay little.

He looked at me and said seriously, "I have to get big, mama - God wants me to."

Well....if GOD wants him to...God trumps mama every time.

And you know? I'm okay with that.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Kids are just so funny! I'd better not take the Dervish to visit the state capital any time soon...

I have Neaksis' youngest. I forget what she nicknamed him, but unless she says I can't, I will call him Hungry. (Except right now he is very pointedly Not-hungry, but that's another story.)

So anyway, Hungry was working on school, and asked me, "Isn't Iceland also called Ireland?"

:crosseyedcrazy:

My dear nephew would have such and easier time if he just wrote his own textbooks.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Also, an update on the family.

Sigh.

AJ has given up calling for now, except for his little brother, of course.

First, there was a big flap over whether Johnny would be cremated (for a whopping $4,000 - I'm hoping that was a typo), or have an open casket funeral for $10,000.

Sally wanted to have him cremated. Not only the price, but he was also bruised and puffy from the altercation. My MIL was ranting about having a funeral.

AJ and his little brother John John were quite naturally on the side of the widow. As John John said, "We're his brothers. YOU'RE his family." (Which did not win friends or influence people on the other side, let me tell you.)

So that was bad enough. Then, over the weekend, Sally got custody of the body and had him cremated before anyone could find out and object. If you saw the mushroom cloud off to the north, now you know why. And, as Mom pointed out, once a cremation is carried out, it can't exactly be undone.

As a wee postscript, on Monday John John had kidney stones and had to go to the hospital. He couldn't get ahold of anyone to take him exept MIL & FIL. They were mucho too busy...until he offered to pay them. :RollieEyes:

Oh, and then later that day, the oldest step-brother in the family (visiting from another state) came over to chew John John out over the whole cremation thing, and was summarily sent on his way. I've never met him, but he sounds as if he was cut from the same cloth as most of the rest of them.

So that's what's been happening.

(I really need to watch my spelling. I keep typing 'creamation'. Eew.)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Well Iceland and Ireland are both islands ... sort of in the same area .. generally speaking .... and I am told... though its only a rumour mind you ... that those of Irish Blood drink nearly as much as those terrible Icelanders.

Now who would have EVER thought that ... I'd ask the 2 in house experts however they are sound asleep while I sit up with Mikey who has a bad cough and won't sleep. crazy

I just might for a moment close my e y e sssssssss sleep

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
sleep < - - - AW

We're getting ready to go to our favorite restaurant, King Tsin in Lodi, for anyone who lives close enough to try some of the yummiest Chinese food there is.

Actually, we are going for Grandpa's 94th birthday, but if some of you want to think it's for you, go ahead. I won't stop you.

The Duelling Divas went ice skating today. Neaksis said it hadn't gone too well. Val skates much, much better than the Princess. Who doesn't like being humbled. At all. grin

And Hungry became...well...hungry as soon as Neaksis returned to pick him up. It was quite comical, since I had even asked him a couple times if he was hungry, or if he wanted seconds at lunch. No, no, no, he sure didn't. But as soon as his mom is there, he's poor, abused, and STARVING!!!

What is a Hungry?

rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
well I did get nearly 5 hours sleep .... sort of crazy

A Hungry .... must be related to 3 blokes I know of .... when I cook sausages for instance it takes 2 cooks at least and the commercial catering pack of sausages ... and roasts ... we cook 2 at the very least..... and a whole bag of potatoes.
Just wait until your hungry grows up!!!!! :MrEEk:

Skating.... I could always skate well on my behind rotflmao never managed to ever stand up on my own. So the Princess is way way ahead. :crosseyedcrazy:

Grandpa's 94th birthday!!!! wow you wish him the very best from us all.
I LOVE Chinese food.
We have some friends who run one not far from us .... deep fried duck with crab meat sauce for Aussie ... lots of fried rice ... chicken in Oyster sauce ... super large veges in Oyster sauce ... sweet & sour Pork .... Satay beef ... yummy. When we girls manage to go there for lunch we get the full Dim Sum experience ... which means we NEVER ask what we are being served ... its far safer that way... slurp ..... its breaky time and now I'm a hungry too!!!! laugh

Liz says she wants to have a talk because EVERYONE else has chickened out think which can mean one of two things .. either I've upset someone or she has something she needs but didn't want to tell me dontknow

well I'll let you know pray

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If she won't talk, you can just shake it out of her. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I don't know if I should be excited for her or just ground her until her hubby is home ???? crazy :MrEEk:

I have grave doubts on her understanding of the POJA process as well, however I suppose its not unreasonable in the circumstances ... I guess. :RollieEyes:

Dublin 2009 .... "The Pub Tour" :RollieEyes: at least she had the grace to blush sigh and I got another "Oh Mother!!" :RollieEyes:

Oh well one must cut the apron strings I suppose and trust her to not get too out of control at some time. uhuh

I know ........ I'll send my mum along!!!!!! faint :twobyfour: Can't you see Nana and the two of them arm in arm at the Kerry Flower Show??? rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Don't you just love it when a "Mum's plan" comes together ??? hurray

I suppose now you are going to tell me I can't shake her either?? naughty

C
C
Speak English, woman. What do you mean? Is she going to Ireland with some friends to sing in pubs? confused

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
:MrEEk: That's what it sure sounds like. :MrEEk:

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
when I cook sausages for instance it takes 2 cooks at least and the commercial catering pack of sausages ... and roasts ... we cook 2 at the very least..... and a whole bag of potatoes.
Just wait until your hungry grows up!!!!!

You cook like I do, AW.

I wonder how I'm going to manage cooking such small meals when my kids leave home...I only know how to cook BIG!

Ah. THAT'S why I have 3 freezers and 2 fridges (really and truly).

Neak, how "green" is your home? We are looking at rainwater catchment systems and I wondered if you use them too.

We got our composters last weekend and began filling those.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Not very. In our new house, I want it greenified as much as I can.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Buy the paint then in 10 gallon tins and you can have it as GREEN as you like ! Even the ceilings !!! laugh

The band including us girls are going to Ireland to sing for our beer, sorry I meant food and accommodation and travel. smile

and its only for about 1 week or maybe 2 weeks, most likely, on the balance of probability.

I'm going to see my 5th to 1074th cousins as well. In fact Hayls & I are going to stay with a few of them.

Mum has nothing to worry about. I mean with all that Irish family mafia what on earth can we get up to really? think

To be absolutely sure we intend to only go out with family around our age cool
See no way to get into trouble. dance2

All planned out. flirt

You can rest easy now mum and nan! kiss

Page 70 of 100 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation