Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Yes! A MALE online friend from H's gaming community. :MrEEk: Good question!

R
R
WOW, calling a friend he doesnt know from a gaming community? What kind is it? I know some of them can get pretty close.

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
B
OP Offline
B
Yeah, my H and this guy have really gotten close, and I am very thankful for that at this moment! The network is AGN - Adult Gamer's Network. My H has been a member with them for..hmm..at least 2 years now. He used to game daily (this was a problem in our marriage), but now games only on Friday nights (an extended gaming session lasting 6+ hours). I never understood how guns and games brought bonding to the male species, but I am THANKFUL for it! :-)

R
R
K. I play some games with a lot of gun guys so I thought I would ask.

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
S
S
Well done BBB,

Sounds like you've made a good job of it. Of course we're still here for you as well as H.

I hope your ride from here is as smooth as ours has been. Plenty of listening and talking and honesty. Keep trying to make those opportunities without the kids around.

Hope your b'day celebrations run smoothly

ST

D
D
Presently, DH is outside sitting in his truck, talking on the phone to an online friend he's never met. He told me he feels he has no one to turn to, no place to go, as he doesn't want to shame me. HE doesn't want to shame ME by talking to anyone we know.

I have been following along, not posted to you until now. I was glad to read this. I had only 2 friends that I could talk to about this after I found out about my H's long relationship and they tired quickly of listening. I would love to see him come here to post. Nothing has helped me more than the people here and Steve Harley. Your H will need support and encouragement.

One small thing. I know you told him about the A and I know you have been advised well on how to answer his questions but if there is anything still out there that you have not told him that you think or even suspect he might find important please tell him now, or maybe after the party. There will be little things that will come out when he asks but if there is anything big take the utmost care to tell him now yourself. It took 4 months to get all of my WH's story and it almost killed me. Others here would agree. It will set him back every time.

Good job bbb. I can't imagine telling this is any easier than hearing it. Ride the rollercoaster with him. Let him know we are all ready to help him get through this if he needs us.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
T
T
Originally Posted by Wknghrd2LoveEasy
bbb,
He will ask the same questions over and over. Answer them each time as if you have never answered them before. Don't roll your eyes, don't say that you have already told him that. Just answer it again.
This is great advice. Your WH is going to be questioning *everything* in the weeks to come. He thought he knew you, and he didn't. He thought X was happening on a certain day, and really it was Y. He will question his memory, what he's been told, and his own judgment. His world and his reality have literally been blown apart and he has no place solid on which to stand.

When he asks the same questions over and over, he's rebuilding his reality. He's making sure everything matches, that everything is consistent, and he's testing your honesty.

When you answer honestly, completely, and patiently - over and over - you are helping him to rebuild his world and his life.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation