Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 101 of 102 1 2 99 100 101 102
L
L
Come do mine???

I have a question. I lost a stack of weight on the A diet, and i had to buy some new clothes. Now I have given up smoking and assume I will gain some of the weight back.

What should I do about the clothes? I am too scared to throw them away in case I get back to pre A size, but I need to buy a few more things to clothe myself at this smaller size...I essentially have two wardrobes.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
B
B
Good for you, Lil.

But I would get rid of the larger size clothes - too tempting. Instead, just drink water and eat right when you crave food.

Invariably, when I used to hang onto larger size clothes, I tended to grow back into them.

M
OP Offline
M
Fellow Goddesses - just bumping this up for another potential goddess who was wearing an oversize Paul McCartney tee all day yesterday............

THANK YOU, BELIEVER!!

I was concerned about this, too...

faint

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
OP Offline
M
Now I have given up smoking and assume I will gain some of the weight back.

You probably will gain back SOME...step up your exercise program...

What should I do about the clothes? I am too scared to throw them away in case I get back to pre A size, but I need to buy a few more things to clothe myself at this smaller size...I essentially have two wardrobes.

I AGREE WITH B!! GET RID OF THE OLD CLOTHES!! Of course, buy some NEW if you can...symbolic of your NEW LIFE...STRETCH OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE...include some stuff your HUSBAND would like to SEE you in...I love SURPRISING my H with OUTFITS that I know he would like..don't forget the WHIFF of COLOGNE...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
I had a supervisor who quit smoking and picked up some weight. The doctor told him that he was better off without the tobacco but with the weight than he was smoking and slimmer.

N
N
Originally Posted by believer
Oh, there may be some other women wearing oversize stuff or sweats, but the DON'T mention it on MB anymore...............

I AM NOT THE GUILTY AS CHARGED GODDESS on this one. I threw AWAY all my sweats last year......mimi made me do it..... laugh

not2fun

ps...and my finger aren't crossed as I write this.....

M
OP Offline
M

But you do need to work on your grammar..

rotflmao

N
N
Originally Posted by mimi_here

But you do need to work on your grammar..

rotflmao

YOu aren't the first to tell me this.....maybe I'll take english next semester.....

But I do promise you, I have not worn any sweats in nearly a YEAR....in fact, about a month ago, WH and I were out shopping and he got himself some sweats for the gym. Then he looked at ones for me and said I should get myself some..... faint

I was HORRIFIED....I told him no thanks. I have my nice work-out clothes for excercise, and my cute lounge pants for the house, but never again will I wear sweats. I even mentioned that if YOU heard him say that, you would :twobyfour:.......

ok, storytime over...

not2fun

L
L
You probably will gain back SOME...step up your exercise program...

rotflmao OKKKKKKKKKAY.

AGREE WITH B!! GET RID OF THE OLD CLOTHES!! Of course, buy some NEW if you can...symbolic of your NEW LIFE...STRETCH OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE...include some stuff your HUSBAND would like to SEE you in...I love SURPRISING my H with OUTFITS that I know he would like..

Did, done, have (new clothes). Most of my clothing was always bought with him in mind anyway, he likes tight, short, red, lacy...

don't forget the WHIFF of COLOGNE...

Before or after milking??? grin

L
L
Originally Posted by believer
Good for you, Lil.

But I would get rid of the larger size clothes - too tempting. Instead, just drink water and eat right when you crave food.

Invariably, when I used to hang onto larger size clothes, I tended to grow back into them.

My problem is that I wasnt overweight before losing the weight. So really I am not sure about the chances of not 'growing' back into them. But I think it is time to overhaul/hiff some of the things that I have been hanging onto from a few years ago when I actually was fat.

M
OP Offline
M
But I think it is time to overhaul/hiff some of the things that I have been hanging onto from a few years ago when I actually was fat.

Yep..get rid of those YUCKY FAT CLOTHES....

C
C
Originally Posted by mimi_here
But I think it is time to overhaul/hiff some of the things that I have been hanging onto from a few years ago when I actually was fat.

Yep..get rid of those YUCKY FAT CLOTHES....

Yep..get rid of those YUCKY FAT CLOTHES.... hurray

C
C
I hope you get a kick out of this!
----------------------------------------------
I had an a-ha moment. I am so sorry. I really blew that one!!! I apologize if you, or anyone else, found the previous link hurtful...

I have changed the link.

Walk Like an Egyptian

Last edited by cinderella; 02/02/09 10:26 PM. Reason: had an a-ha moment
C
C
rant2rant2rant2rant2rant2rant2rant2rant2

Remember the ear infection last February?

Remember the car wreck last March?

Well, since after the WRECK (not the ear infection), my left ear has not felt right. The more internal difference is that it feel full. The external difference is that the sensations in the skin are diminished in comparison to the right ear.

I have seen 3 otolaryngologists

[color:#FFFFFF]..............
1 internist

.............. 2 chiropractors

and (as of today)

.............. 1 neurosurgeon

and NO ONE seems to give a rat's patooty that something is wrong and asofreekylutely NO ONE seems to care or know who I need to see to get a clue.

I just yelled at the neurosurgeon. At least one day a week, he does clinic in my chiropractor's office. On the way out, with my eyes blazing and full of fury-tears, I told the woman at the chiro's office that I had just wasted my time and money and I had never been treated so dismissively by a doctor. She looked shocked and, with a waiting room full of people, I knew better than to say anything more.....I just charged through and out the door.

When you've been to really good doctors and keep getting referred in a circle, it's frustrating. I'm getting nothing but circular referrals.[/color]

C
C
My Valentine's Day flowers died....got them on Friday. And took them home with me. I was the only one in the area who got flowers so it was a big deal. hurray

(By Saturday, they were wilting. By Sunday they were dead. Monday, I got ready to throw them out and called the florist to report the sad news.) cry

I got flowers today to replace the dead ones. Folks in the office don't know that. Now, with today's delivery, everyone in the office is wondering what's up. lashes

I told them, "I told him there better be roses every Monday until there are diamonds." They are all puzzled. rotflmao

C
C
In the morning, it is supposed to be about 40 degrees and raining. It will feel like it's about 30 degrees. Group training is scheduled for 7 miles at 7 a.m. Does anyone see a problem with that?

M
OP Offline
M
Group training is scheduled for 7 miles at 7 a.m. Does anyone see a problem with that?

YES!!

C
C
hurray Mimi posted! hurray

Well, I did too. Got up at 10 a.m. instead and spent 2 hrs trying to get out of the house so daughter and I could go to the wellness center where we have a membership for 2 more months.....It was all I could do to TRY to stay with the plan.....my body was miserable on the treadmill....miserable on the track. TVs they have for diversion had nothing worth watching. Didn't have batteries for my radio. Couldn't keep mp3 player (castoff from daughter) on anything tolerable. One knee brace bothered my knee. The other thigh and hip hurt. One foot bothered me off and on. Felt like I wasn't properly fed prior to this....but I ate the normally appropriate stuff. Book I took to read while on the treadmill....I can read while walking....was so horribly bad that I left it there for some other poor unsuspecting soul (no wonder it was in a free book bin).

I managed 5+ miles - not 7. And the world won't end.

C
C
How do you PEEL A BANANA??? Here is a new look at peeling your banana so that you don't have to deal with all those strings!

C
C
pray pray Chai's IRS audit is today....send prayers!!!! pray pray

Page 101 of 102 1 2 99 100 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 981 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation