Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2223363 03/02/09 10:35 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'll qualify this post by saying my wife makes me watch this show, chains me down to the chair and duct tapes my eye lids open. smile

That said, what the heck is this guy thinking? OMG he needs a baseball bat to the knees.

T

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
L
L
DON'T REVEAL WHAT HAPPENS UNTIL 10PM PACIFIC TIME! I have not watched a The Bachelor show ever until this year. I like the single father angle and the guy is from my area. Throw in that they're hanging in NZ where our fellow MBers reside, and it's oh so captivating! wink

H is gone tonight so I'm settling in for the big finale. Then I'll comment. And if he picks the "secret", I'll be screaming.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
Looking4 #2223376 03/02/09 10:58 PM
T
OP Offline
T
ok, gotcha.

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
M
M
what the heck is this guy thinking?

He was thinking, "Why doesn't this girl do it for me like she did when I was getting my ENs met by TWO women?" crazy

C
C
This show is about as real as my 36-24-34 figure. puke

One year, the bachelor was from my city....and the most likely candidate for selection was from here two....and it was set in Paris. crazy

I think he even ended up selecting her. loveheart

And, did it last. NOPE! :RollieEyes:

Peeps, go take a walk instead. naughty

(But, as adults, you can choose for yourself. But, while it's on, I'll be training for that half marathon you can read about in my signature.)dance2

P
P
How does a girl get over being dumped on national TV?
here's how !

YOU GO GIRL

L
L
Originally Posted by Pepperband
How does a girl get over being dumped on national TV?
It was the first time in 8 seasons of the show that I've actually picked up the phone and voted. And I did it for her. She was great.

DS10
DD8
L
L
Originally Posted by tccoastguard
I'll qualify this post by saying my wife makes me watch this show, chains me down to the chair and duct tapes my eye lids open.
Riiiiiiight... wink

This is the first season I've ever watched and H became familiar with it because it was on. It wasn't apointment watching for either of us, but we got hooked enough to want to watch the finale.

Originally Posted by tccoastguard
That said, what the heck is this guy thinking? OMG he needs a baseball bat to the knees.
My H was was out of town. He and I were working and IMing each other during the program. It was interesting to read how my H was analyzing what was happening, from his perspective now as a BH. Among my H's comments about Jason:

* "He has the personality of a cupcake."

* "All women should run away from the King of Flip Flop, but they won't. It's not in women to run from someone like him."

* "Molly needs to run."

* "99 out of 100 women would take him back."

* "I'm of course jaded, but it seems like women will do/believe just about anything a smooth talking guy does/says. Most smart women....married or not."

* "I will hand it to Jason...he is good at dumping girl."

I think pre-D-day H wouldn't have given any of it a second thought.

Among all the things that made my hair bristle during that last hour, was the sad realization that Jason is a big-time conflict-avoider. Things got uncomfortable with Melissa and instead of addressing it and working with her, he didn't talk with her for two weeks then broke up with her in front of millions. Makes me wonder what happened to break up his first M.

And something that bothered me the entire season was that Jason (and the host too!) referred to the women as "girls". Once a female turns 18, she's a woman. She may not be a lady, but she is no longer a girl. Jason's use of that simple pronoun dismissed the women as less mature than himself. And these women had careers, children themselves, and are leading lives just as grown-up as he is. I wish one of the women would have called him a handsome boy or an amazing boy.

Enough of my commentary.

Now back to my life...

DS10
DD8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 782 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation