Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
InLikeFlynn #2221747 02/27/09 04:55 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by InLikeFlynn
I thought exposure was to end the affair(s). If so then they appear to be stopped. You have exposed to all of her family and friends. What would be accomplished by exposing to you remaining brothers and sister? Work on ways to verify the end of this activity that she states she has ended and then together gets some counseling.

**edit**

Exposure does not simply and only help end an A. Wide exposure also very much helps prevent it restarting! Even helps prevent a new A in the far future.

Actually, it does lot of good things beyond helping end an active A. Do you need them itemized?

It’s also a contributor, a lesson, for a more radically honest and ethical life in general.

You even allude to one useful benefit of radical exposure in your own post: NC verification. NC itself for the WS and verification of NC for the BS is often much easier if everyone around both WS and BS know. In particular, BS will have all kinds of additional Intel sources and methods available after a wide, even if latent, exposure.

Oh, and it often just plain feels good to expose to everyone. So sue me.

eta: Possible exception: Drunken ONS.

Last edited by Revera; 02/27/09 09:42 PM. Reason: disrespectful

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Aphelion #2221830 02/27/09 07:19 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Aphelion
**edit**
I have no idea. dontknow

Last edited by Revera; 02/27/09 09:43 PM. Reason: removing quote
Pepperband #2221848 02/27/09 09:29 PM
I
I
Alright, he was asking if he should also expose to his 5 other brothers and one sister, after already exposing to everyone else to include her family. She has stopped the affair but is at the ILYBNILWY stage. I was saying that why bother with your brothers and sister when exposure has already worked, and they are not in a postion to influence her one way or the other. Nowhere did I state I did not believe in in exposure!!! Just my opinion, but I guess it is worth less than others so I hope that the poster just places me on ignore seeing how I have no clue.

InLikeFlynn #2221849 02/27/09 09:43 PM
T
T
Why is exposure being made so hard?

After the WS's parents , siblings and OPS, and if OP is a co worker the CEO, Head of HR, and Board of Directors have been told then you should hold exposure.

This does not mean never go farther. Wait to see what happens.

Single OP, then OP parents, OP GF/BF when there is no OPS.

Children may need to be exposed. But if they can be spared why not spare them?

BS's family? The WS will not worry about what their inlaws will think of them.

Exposing to BS's family will not bring pressure on the WS to end their affair.

Telling the BS's family will make it difficult and harder to recover the marriage.

If the BS needs support from their family then it should be done on a case by case need.

O
O
She doesn't love you. Divorce her. She is a serial cheater and is disrespecting you at every opportunity.JMHO

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 02/27/09 09:51 PM.
S
Sogona Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Last Monday I found her in a cyber shop (a place where there´re computers and internet without surveillance) chatting with a man (just could read i love you in a line) and found out she has two new secret emails´ adresses.
She says he is just a friend that is helping her in this moment of her life and that they are not having an affair.
I found out also that while I where in my vacations with our children (she didn´t want to come) this guy entered in the country club where we live 7 nights in 14 days. Always entered between 10 and 11 pm. He has a brother that lives in the same country club and she admitted she saw him twice but only for having a chat and told me he´s advicing her on her legals rights concerning our children (she is very afraid of loosing them and her only worry these days).
I´m am now with a lawyer.
She is still living with me because she doesn´t want to go and doesn´t want to have psychiatric treatment anymore.
Tried also last Monday night to suicide drinking ants poison.
So difficult for me and my kids (they all know everything.
So difficult to overcome her sleeping with her every night and so difficult to restore the marriage when her psych told me she has a severe personality disorder. She told me I should get her into a psychiatric clinic but can´t do so to the mother of our children. May be also expecting she is going to change.
Don´t know. So tired...

P
P
Originally Posted by Sogona
She told me I should get her into a psychiatric clinic but can´t do so to the mother of our children. May be also expecting she is going to change.
Don´t know. So tired...

Brother, you're doing this to yourself by not pursuing the solution, which has been recommended to you by a professional.

Short term pain for long term gain. You will otherwise royally mess up your kids by continuing to drag them through this nightmare by not doing what you need to do to get your wife better.

And this frienship with another man is completely unnacceptable. Confront him and tell him to stay away.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
S
S
Originally Posted by Sogona
Last Tried also last Monday night to suicide drinking ants poison.
So difficult for me and my kids (they all know everything.
So difficult to overcome her sleeping with her every night and so difficult to restore the marriage when her psych told me she has a severe personality disorder. She told me I should get her into a psychiatric clinic but can´t do so to the mother of our children. May be also expecting she is going to change.
Don´t know. So tired...

You can't afford to let the mother of your children kill herself. She needs help first. You have to help her get well even if it takes putting her in a clinic. If she has given up on herself, she probably thinks that you and your kids would be better off without her. She has to feel that she is worth saving before she can even think about you or your marriage.

Over it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 903 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation