Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hey, y'all:<P>Just a quick note to tell y'all that Petunia and I are all settled in here in Austin. We made the move 10 days ago and I started work the Monday after we moved in.<P>So far, I <B>love</B> it! The job keeps me pretty busy so my days FLY by. The weather is generally pretty nice here, although until recently, it was rather hot for October. I ain't used to 95 degree temperatures in mid-October (even if I did grow up in Dallas)!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anyhoo, Petunia has once again shown me up in grand fashion on the job front. It took me 4 1/2 months to land my job here in Austin and she got a new job in less than four <I>days</I>. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Ah well, she's prettier than me and a heckuva lot sweeter, so I guess people just like her!<P>I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I've been getting on here in the evenings lately, and there's not much I've seen that I could add to. Y'all who prowl here during the day seem to beat me to all the pertinent advice, so I've been reduced to lurking.<P>Anyway, I wanted to thank y'all again for bein' there for us in our time of need. It's nice to have such wonderful cyber-friends.<P>I guess I'll mosey on out of here and see if I can get Petunia to snuggle with me a bit.<P>See y'all around!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

S
S
Lone Star,<P>So good to hear from you. It is wonderful to hear how you and Petunia are doing. Gives me hope and inspiration.<P>I remember when I first came on this board that you were kind enough to respond to many of my posts. Thanks so much for all those.<P>Glad to hear your lurking. I am sure I will need your advise or encouragement again.<P>Hug that wonderful lady of yours tight.<P>By the by my hubby and I are doing pretty good considering all. He is here and we are trying hard. Moving forward. We aren't out of the woods yet. Although I have a feeling we are going to be. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Again so glad to hear that all is going well.<BR><P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

E
E
Lone Star -- I know we just talked, but I wanted to say again how glad I am that things are going so well for you and Petunia.<P>You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.<P>God Bless

Y
Y
Excellent!<P>So glad to hear things going well. Both Suse and I figured you two were pretty busy. Isn't it neat to be building this new aspect of your lives together?<P>On a total tangent... interesting little story, I met a guy on my trip to Miami Beach this past weekend. We started chatting while having a drink watching the hurricane blow by. By coincidence, the guy works for Mellon Bank, says he's from Austin and couldn't help but mention I knew someone who'd just taken a job in the DA's office (ummmm...that's you!).<P>He said he LOVED Austin, had been there most of his life, even went to UofT. He told me, very proudly of course, how much I'd love it. Hard not to agree! Hey, one of these days, Suse and I may yet show up on your doorstep!<P>Anyhoo, nice to hear you're doing well. I can just see you guys smiling. <P>Stay in touch.<P>Dunc

Y
OP Offline
Y
Hey, Duncky!<P>Long time no talk. Thanks for the quick note. Nice to hear from you. Ain't it a small world? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just a quick correction, though, I'm in the AG's office (Attorney General), not the DA. That DA job was in Dallas, and I did take it, but then this AG job came up and I took that one instead. Confused yet? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hope all is well. Say 'hi' to Suse for me (Hi, Suse).<P>Please do let us know if you're ever down this way. We might EVEN be persuaded to drive over to San Antonio if y'all were down in them parts!<P>Take care!<P><BR>----------<P>ES:<P>Thanks again. I enjoyed our chat last night. Good to have people to "unload" on every now and then.<P>Keep me posted on your progress.<P>---------<P>Samantha:<P>Glad to hear you and H are progressing too. If I was any help, then I'm TWICE as pleased! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks for your kind words, and keep up the good work with H. Y'all will be happier than ever before if ya just keep pluggin' away.<P>Hugs to all!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

Y
Y
Hi lonestar....<BR>popping this up to the top....<BR>congrats on everything..i really like austin, tx....had friends that lived there for years..<BR>good luck

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation