Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R

J
J
As Dr. Phil would say:

"If they'll do it WITH you, they'll do it TO you." !!!

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

C
C
The Karma Bus is a beautiful thing....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
Hey, he's got his hands on the nanny already? Did they ever bother to get married? :RollieEyes:

P
P
...and saw Brad Pitt on the bed, rubbing the back of their pretty young nanny.

Brad: but babe, she understands me and my agent is talking to her agent about making a movie together called "Mr. and Mrs. Jones"...

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
Aahhhhh...I feel bad for her. rotflmao rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Well I bet it's not true...

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Well I for one hope its not true. Whatever the accurate account of his marriage breakdown with Jen Aniston, there are a lot of kids who stand to be very hurt by the breakdown of this relationship.

Last edited by myfamilyilove; 03/11/09 06:05 PM.

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
B
B
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove
Well I for one hope its not true. Whatever the accurate account of his marriage breakdown with Jen Aniston, there are a lot of kids who stand to be very hurt by the breakdown of this relationship.

The breakdown of this "relationship" is inevitable.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
C
C
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
The breakdown of this "relationship" is inevitable.

Is it a 'relationship' or is it a 'publicity stunt'?

K
K
You mean he's doing it to her? But he LOVES HER!

He would never never do that to her, they are soulmates!

/sarcasm

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
T
Is it a 'relationship' or is it a 'publicity stunt'?

Well, if it was a publicity stunt, it was a remarkably fecund, prolific, and fertile one! :MrEEk:

tl

K
K
Maybe it was like what some x/WSs do...

They go "see look I'm investing SO MUCH in this, we are so in love!" and then..well...

I'm reminded of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn.

She protested a flirtation of his, and was told to close her eyes and put up with it as her betters had done.

She was brought up from that place, and could be put down just as easily.

I apologize for going on like that, I have a fascination with Elizabeth I in general and the circumstances leading to her birth, including Anne's introduction.

How lovely. Angelina, like Anne, felt entitled to be enraged at what she herself had done.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove
Yes, an "illicit" relationship where it began at the expense of an innocent betrayed spouse, then moved to conceiving & adopting children left and right without taking vows thereby promising fidelity, not that they would ever be able to live by them anyway.

They're two immature, irresponsible and incredibly selfish adults. Unfortunately for the poor innocent children involved, this is a train wreck waiting to happen. It's a matter of time.

Jo

P
P
this is a train wreck waiting to happen. It's a matter of time

Yep. So sad for those kids.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
R
R
Proves (again) that it doesn't matter WHO your partner is. If you keep that attitude of entitlement, you're gonna blow it apart. Over and over and over again.

It's about attitude. Ya need a grown-up one.

R
OP Offline
R
How lovely. Angelina, like Anne, felt entitled to be enraged at what she herself had done.
Isn't that how it always is. They think they're "special". And they see their adultery as something thats magical, fate, meant to be; loosing all sight of any decency. Then they're outraged when it happens to them forgetting they volunteered for it.

I find the Jolie/Pitt situation one of the worst, only because they are dragging so many innocent lives into their mess.

They're making beds in a burning house.

B
B
Originally Posted by johnstwin
As Dr. Phil would say:

"If they'll do it WITH you, they'll do it TO you." !!!

Yup.

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

R
OP Offline
R
Not that it's even worth the time to care, but I do wonder why these two (Jolie/Pitt) haven't gotten married.

Anyone have speculation on that one?

M
M
Originally Posted by Resilient
Not that it's even worth the time to care, but I do wonder why these two (Jolie/Pitt) haven't gotten married.

Anyone have speculation on that one?

They are test driving the merchandise, Jo. laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 909 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation